• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disappointed with Belleville boots

pepper 2111

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2013
Well I've had a pair of Khybers for a year and four months. They have not been abused in any way and have only been worn on duty and never suffered the abuse of any training. I recently stepped in an unavoidable puddle that allowed water to run over the laces on the foot part of the boot. My feet instantly became wet. My first thought was waterproof my ass. This was the first such exposure since I've had them. I thought I noticed my feet getting damp in heavy snow but I just shrugged it off and chalked it up as me being a complete pansy in the cold. My fault for not investigating further. So in my frustration I contacted elite hero, the company I bought them from. They were very fast in replying but said They couldn't help because Belleville wouldn't accept them as a return. Soooo I contacted Belleville. They were less than helpful and just said they wouldn't accept them for warranty issues because it's past the warranty even after I explained that I felt it was a defect and not from use or abuse.

With all this being said, I understand warranties but I expect a company to at least look at their product and fix it or replace it if they find there was a defect. I'm probably asking too much and have unreal expectations. I guess I'm just spoiled by Vortex. Regardless, I'll never own another pair of Belleville boots. I regrettably expected what are expensive boots to me to be free of defects and to remain waterproof until they unthread or I drill a hole in them.

End of whiny pissed off rant

My main gripe is I wish they'd get their sizing right. Why the hell should someone have to order 1 to 1 1/2 full sizes smaller than he wears? What's up with that? Can't they simply mark their boots with the appropriate size and be done with it? Sheesh!

Lol I would agree. And while I'm on a rant...no pull tab and a painfully long break in period

Although I certainly understand your frustration, I personally never buy "water-proof" boots because they hold water once they get wet.
Hope you get this worked out somehow, to your satisfaction.

That sucks :(

How about Danner? Danners? Yeah... Danners. I've never had to deal with them on warranty issues, but I guess that says something in and of itself after having my pair for 9 years and a good deal of wear and abuse. I got my pair just in time for a field weekend that snowed and I was digging a howitzer out of a creek. I wish I had taken a picture of what it was but it was damned hilarious and also awesome... in the way that Marine Corps terrible experiences are awesome only in retrospect. Anyway, feet were dry and thank goodness because it snowed 3 or 4 inches that night and iced after that. I would have been in hell had it not been for my Danners. That and when I put them on after wearing my, either Bates or Belleville, jungles for the previous year the Danners, although heavy, felt like tennis shoes they were so comfortable.

I know this commentary doesn't aid in your current situation, but maybe I can steer you towards some excellent boots in the Danners for your next purchase.

Thank you sir, I actually do have a pair of danner Melee's that I love. Sadly they aren't made in the USA so I think when the time comes they won't resole them