• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Discontinued** TBAC Bipod Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

arm017

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2017
Texas
This group buy through arm017 is no longer available **

I am organizing a Sniper's Hide group buy for the new to be released Thunder beast Arms Bipod. I am a private individual with a FFL just wanting to give back to the community and organize this group buy. I think this bipod is going to be solid, and we can’t say enough about Zack and @TBACRAY at Thunder beast.

Before proceeding any further; please understand that by reading this thread you implicitly acknowledge the first commandment of group buys that you agree to the manufacturers’ timeline. In this case, we are dealing with a manufactured item going through multiple hands (even outside of TBAC) before it gets to us. Thereby is subject to delays. There are multiple parts and pieces in this bipod that require separate coatings and specialized attention outside of TBAC's control. They are rolling these out in multiple batches with the first one in flight as you read this. This Snipers Hide group buy is for the second batch of bipods. I need at least 25 orders to fill this group buy.

Expected delivery by late spring/ early summer. Remember this is a group buy; not my timeline, not TBAC timeline necessarily.

All appropriate details and specifications on the bipod can be found on their website here. TBAC BIPOD Product Page

The bipod includes the standard rubber feet but we can add spikes and extensions as desired. Prices for the add ons is per the website. No additional discounts there. Max recommended two extensions. You can order how ever many bipods at the group buy price. It makes no difference to me.

These bipods retail at 400$

Snipers hide group buy: 315$
Postage TBD (likely USPS Flat rate medium box)

To order:
Please PM me with your Full name, shipping address and exactly what you want.

Funds are due all up front. No refunds can be offered once paid as I am just a guy with a day job and cannot float the costs here. Just organizing this for the hide.

TBAC Bipod.jpg

Feet.jpg

Claw.jpg

Last edited:
Do these have an option for an ARCA clamp instead of the pic?

Do these have an option for an ARCA clamp instead of the pic?

No ARCA option from the factory. Just the ADM mount. I wish they would have the option without it and pass the savings on. But that is not an option at this time.

The RRS BTC Pro Clamp will mount directly to it. And I think one of the better options since it does pic rail and arca (RRS dovetail) interchangeably. And with the thumb screw tensioner, is much easier moving it between rifles.

I have a few of these on standby for the TBAC:
BTC pro clamp.jpg

Some of their other clamps in comparison need the extra adapter plate with the TBAC bipod.
Such as the SC-LR Soar Plate with the QD lever

long story short is it's the exact same situation as what we are accustomed to with the Atlas interface.

B-and-T-Clamp-Adapter.2-01.jpg
Screen_Shot_2017-12-14_at_9.59.45_AM__47726.1513271042.480.480.png

When are you closing down the group sale? And I'm moving soon, so would you confirm address before shipping?

No ARCA option from the factory. Just the ADM mount. I wish they would have the option without it and pass the savings on. But that is not an option at this time.

The RRS BTC Pro Clamp will mount directly to it. And I think one of the better options since it does pic rail and arca (RRS dovetail) interchangeably. And with the thumb screw tensioner, is much easier moving it between rifles.

I have a few of these on standby for the TBAC:
View attachment 7023652

Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize it was the same form factor on the bipod side of the mount as ATLAS. That’s makes it a pretty easy decision for me. I’m already using the btc pro on an atlas cal that would be swapped to AR duty and replaced by the tbac. Sounds like I can just switch mounts, the adm will actually fit the AR role better.

I’m in!

Reactions: arm017
When are you closing down the group sale? And I'm moving soon, so would you confirm address before shipping?

We can do however many orders of 25 at a time to qualify for the group buy price. But that first order is what gets us in line. So far I have only had two guys and two bipods for myself, so we need 21 more to get this thing off the ground.

So to answer your question, I'm open to do orders for however long there is interest, but that being said, we aren't blowing the doors down thus far. If we cannot get 25 together by say April, then I will need to refund everybody that has paid.

Is it kosher to post a link to this thread in the tbac announcement/info thread?

I have funds for 5 bipods! hah; remember, I need your funds to make this order happen. Minimum order for group buy pricing is 25 bipods.

If we don't make that mark, then I will refund by say beginning of april. So tell your friends, etc.

Reactions: deersniper
At what point in the process will the committed checks be cashed.
When you receive them, or when the order is placed in the beginning of April?

At what point in the process will the committed checks be cashed.
When you receive them, or when the order is placed in the beginning of April?

Through paypal. So instant. I understand that it is difficult to fork over and wait. But I don't have capital to buy all 25. If we do not reach that 25, then it will be refunded electronically.

Reactions: Midwestside
What are the chances you run away with our cash? I've never done a group buy and I'm a little hesitant. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I've just read so many horror stories.

What are the chances you run away with our cash? I've never done a group buy and I'm a little hesitant. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I've just read so many horror stories.

Yeah I get it man. No worries. We have to be guarded in this game. The chances I run away with your cash are 0%; I can assure you that. Just going to be sitting in paypal till we order. Just need to raise the funds to buy everything outright from TBAC. I am a primary care doc w/ a reputation to uphold. Shooting is one of my biggest passions and this is too tight knit a community to let anybody get away with anything.

I tried to come up with an alternative method by which we can get these in hand without forking over the entire amount, but we are all compulsive and it can be like herding cats organizing us as PRS shooters. If I just have deposits, I run the risk of folks still backing out and being stuck with a bunch of bipods. So I am just putting this together for the hide because I have the ability to.

Add me on facebook - Austin Marshall

Yeah I get it man. No worries. We have to be guarded in this game. The chances I run away with your cash are 0%; I can assure you that. Just going to be sitting in paypal till we order. Just need to raise the funds to buy everything outright from TBAC. I am a primary care doc w/ a reputation to uphold. Shooting is one of my biggest passions and this is too tight knit a community to let anybody get away with anything.

I tried to come up with an alternative method by which we can get these in hand without forking over the entire amount, but we are all compulsive and it can be like herding cats organizing us as PRS shooters. If I just have deposits, I run the risk of folks still backing out and being stuck with a bunch of bipods. So I am just putting this together for the hide because I have the ability to.

Add me on facebook - Austin Marshall

You're a primary care doctor with an FFL? That's something you don't see every day.

I'm going to give the TBAC page a second read but I think I'd be in. Will let you know this week.

Reactions: arm017
Is there any special pricing in the group buy for the leg extensions and carbide spike feet?

Is there any special pricing in the group buy for the leg extensions and carbide spike feet?

unfortunately no, TBAC said it is standard pricing on extension/ spiked feet. Although everything can ship together if you order everything together.

I am sorry to let everybody down, but based upon powers outside of my control, I am not going to be able to fulfill this group buy at this time without a commercial sniper's hide account. Maybe somebody can reach out to some of our vendors to see if they would be willing to take the initiative, but it will not be me. I have already refunded those that paid.

Thanks for your understanding.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Status
Not open for further replies.