• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Discontinuing production of the Savage FCP-SR Model 10

ridein4life

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
Graham WA
Hey there, I was just at my local gun shop last week (The Marksmen in Puyalup WA) and picked up my new Savage model 10 FCP-SR. As i was talking to the owner he said when he talked to Savage and ordered it they told him that as of now they are discontinuing production of this model.:confused: I was curious if anyone else has heard this and if there just discontinuing the FCP-SR series or the hole model 10 line.

Hope not as I have the 20" threaded barrel model with the tactical bolt knob, 5 rd mag& really like it. Was thijking of getting one fir my son.

Probably should discontinue the whole brand

You're probably right,we don't need off the shelf accuracy.:rolleyes:

We can stimulate the economy by having less choices, and employing more smiths
to true and blueprint actions, perform bedding work, re-cutting chambers and setting the barrel back,
replacing recoil lugs, buying and installing triggers, the economic impact would be phenomenal !

Glad I got my Savage when I did, sounds like the grass roots effort to eliminate Savage has begun... ;)

So there is no real clear-cut answer? I finally found one on GB, and am thankful. This seemed like it would be a great seller for Savage, so wondering what the reasoning was.