• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Discount Code for Optics Planet?

Searcher

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Does anyone have a discount code for Optics Planet they could share?

It could be that there is no such thing, but I figure its worth a posting the question.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Discount Code for Optics Planet?

Just a friendly heads up - Optics Planet is almost always out of stock of everything. Your best bet is to call and talk with a human that can check real time inventory. Then if they actually have what you want (rare) place the order on the phone.

If you have a question about inventory or what will work for you feel free to give me a call as well, tell them your on the hide and Trevor said to call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a friendly heads up - Optics Planet is almost always out of stock of everything. Your best bet is to call and talk with a human that can check real time inventory. Then if they actually have what you want (rare) place the order on the phone. </div></div>

I had a pair of rings on order for a week. I cancelled it. I'm just that impatient and found some elsewhere. I will say that at the time when I placed it over the computer, there isn't anything to say "out of stock"...if there is, I'm blind. My apologies.
grin.gif

I will also say, a buddy of mine just ordered a 5.11 Rifle Case on Thursday last week and it got here today (Monday)...not tryin to bash, just reaffirming what was said about things being out of stock...I'll probably wind up ordering the same case myself from you guys because comparatively speaking (according to him), yall had the best price.

that'd been nice about 3 months ago TB......oh well, my only poor experience with products that showed "in stock" and then had to wait months to receive.

otherwise, been pleased with OP and their online perf./ordering

I have ordered from them a few times and they have always been timely with the deliveries.

Buddhapapa

I find it odd that they don't update their site to reflect what's actually in stock! I've had the same frustrating experience twice and now and won’t shop there again. There are just too many other e-tail companies out there to choose from and I don’t need the hassle. I work with e-commerce companies all the time and this is just unacceptable, the only reason they get so many customers is because they spend a ton of money on SEM and thus show up high in Google search results. My guess is that their ROI on their search spend is terrible. Regardless, as with brick and mortar stores reputation and customer service can make or break a business.

+3 on this. I just cancelled an order for rings there. I waited 3 days just to find out that they were backordered with no ETA.

When I've dealt with them they've been VERY quick at handing out discount codes via their online customer support pretty much for whatever genuine question you may have at all. Try it and see what happens...