• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discovery Channel: Secrets of SEAL Team 6

Swampkat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2006
Louisiana
Airing Sunday, July 10 at 9pm ET/PT
(Silver Spring, MD) – The SECRETS OF SEAL TEAM SIX will be revealed in the new Discovery Channel special airing Sunday, July 10 at 9pm ET/PT

In SECRETS OF SEAL TEAM SIX, viewers are invited behind closed doors to learn the story of this top-secret Special Operations unit that officially doesn’t even exist. For three decades, SEAL Team Six has been considered one of the most – if not the most – elite group in the U.S. military. These are the men who took down Osama Bin Laden. Now that this undisclosed group has made headlines, will they still be as effective as they’ve proven to be in the past?

In addition to the group’s background and history, viewers will get a look at the recruiting, weapons and technology necessary in carrying out the year’s top news story. Team members are put through some of the most rigorous training and examinations to prove that they have what it takes to complete missions intelligently, discreetly and seamlessly.

Through graphics, interviews and dramatic military b-roll, the stories of those who put it all on the line will be told candidly and informatively. The special introduces viewers to the team’s founder, Dick Marcinko, and former members to give the first tell-all account of their experience in this underground organization.

“There’s a group that will kick ass and save you,” says Marcinko.

Viewers will also meet former SEALS, military analysts, journalists and Seal Team Six wives for an outsider’s knowledge and expertise on the group’s ability to remain under the radar while carrying out tasks successfully.

“We’re rough boys. We want to fight. That’s why we joined,” says former Seal Don Shipley.

Delve into this mysterious world and learn the SECRETS OF SEAL TEAM SIX.

SECRETS OF SEAL TEAM SIX is produced for Discovery Channel by NBC Peacock Productions. Gretchen Eisele is executive producer for NBC Peacock Productions, and Brooke Runnette is executive producer for Discovery Channel.

Re: Discovery Channel: Secrets of SEAL Team 6

ok thats fucking retarded

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thats fucking retarded </div></div>

Yep, read somewhere that Discovery will interview the wives of the DEVGRU operators responsible for the raid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thats fucking retarded </div></div>

Yep, read somewhere that Discovery will interview the wives of the DEVGRU operators responsible for the raid. </div></div>

Dewd....coming to a drama box near you...The Real Housewives of DEVGRU.....

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thats fucking retarded </div></div>

Yep, read somewhere that Discovery will interview the wives of the DEVGRU operators responsible for the raid. </div></div>

Good luck </div></div>Didn't they already do this? I think it was called The Unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thats fucking retarded </div></div>

Good luck </div></div>Didn't they already do this? I think it was called The Unit.
</div></div>

My exact thoughts

Wow, can't say that I'm surprised though..

Agreed. Went to high school with Chris Heben who's on the show. I thought former SEAL's were encouraged not to talk to the media?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Viewers will also meet former SEALS, military analysts, journalists and Seal Team Six wives for an outsider’s knowledge and expertise on the group’s ability to remain under the radar while carrying out tasks successfully.
</div></div>

I live in a Navy town, and half the Navy People I meet either have been, will be, or are trying out for the Seals.

Every once in a while I'll meet a guy who really IS (Trying to go Seals), and he'll admit he's scared...but 90% of the "Seals" I meet at the range probably work in the engine room on the Carl Vinson or whatever carrier/sub is in at the time.

ok that was stupid and exagerated, wow just wow

I managed about two minutes. Telling us a whole lot of nothing, as expected.

Caught the last few minutes. The part about sky diving in with dogs specially trained to jump with them was kinda cool. But at 75k a dog plus 20k for the bullet proof vest they wear... I'll stick with a dog from the pound. The show even said the dogs had radios on them so the dog operator could tell it to kill while not having to be next to it. Gotta love Discovery sometimes.

the dogs are worth about 25k, that guy in the blue shirt with dark hair was so full of shit it wasn't even funny. well they all were, but he was the worst

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caught the last few minutes. The part about sky diving in with dogs specially trained to jump with them was kinda cool. But at 75k a dog plus 20k for the bullet proof vest they wear... I'll stick with a dog from the pound. The show even said the dogs had radios on them so the dog operator could tell it to kill while not having to be next to it. Gotta love Discovery sometimes. </div></div>

Me and you caught it around the same time the part about the dogs was pretty cool.

This kind of junk is why I don't watch TV. I'd rather be building a barbed wire fence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the dogs are worth about 25k, that guy in the blue shirt with dark hair was so full of shit it wasn't even funny. well they all were, but he was the worst </div></div>

I know him well. If you only knew the half of it. Most guys lie about being a SEAL...this guy lies about what he did as a SEAL.

oh i can only imagine, i really want to see someone do a 300m travel during drownproofing that would be impressive. and float for 15 minutes.

the show was intertaining, nothing more, nothing less.......

Just like the killing Osama thing Discovery ran. Talked to a guy who saw the tapes and he says Osama was definitely not shot with a 5.56 round, it was something bigger. And they didnt just shoot one of the wives in the leg.

Worked with a guy who said he was a Seal, today he more of a US Navy Whale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like the killing Osama thing Discovery ran.</div></div>

Speaking of that show, they interviewed Tom Valentine (former SEAL Team 6 Officer), was that the same Tom Valentine that died in 2008 in a parachuting accident in AZ?

I know the Secrets of all JSOC units.

Its called having some very unique units, and selecting the smartest, most dedicated men from these units, giving them the money to buy good, bad, and great gear and let them pick from the pile of stuff that they want.

Then think, train, review, think, train, review and think, train, review more, more and more.

Once all of that is done you start all over again.

Its just that simple

John

I quit wasting my time on both Discovery and History Channel shows. Ninety percent of the time they clip and paste from another show with a few extra speakers or reels added. Facts aren't their #1 priority. They are only in it for the entertainment value.

How many commercials did you see during the viewing?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I quit <span style="color: #FF0000">wasting my time on both Discovery and History Channel shows</span>. Ninety percent of the time they clip and paste from another show with a few extra speakers or reels added. Facts aren't their #1 priority. They are only in it for the entertainment value.

<span style="color: #FF0000">How many commercials did you see during the viewing?</span>
wink.gif
</div></div>

True on both questions: Really wish the Military Channel would get some new shows, tired of watching reruns. Would be nice if they would come out w/ new episodes of Special Forces Stories or Special Ops Mission.

Sucks that for a 1hr show there is 15min of commercials.

I'm on swings so I get all the re-runs in the day, I caught up on a years worth of TV in two months. I got so bored I started trading stocks in the day.

Yeah watched it, for the first time, nothing special really. Kind of just collected all the pictures and "stories" about stuff from the major news networks, interviewed some people, and that was about it. Basically a waist of my time, now as for Army of One, thats sweet.....NOT!

SEAL team 6 is not 27 guys and the NSW ammo budget is not bigger then the marine budget although i bet it is close.

Marcinko was looking pretty rough there....any of you guys read his books? especially the 1st one?

On the show they said in the first year it was only 27 guys and they did say they had a larger ammo budget than the USMC. I might have been hearing things but I do not think so.

I guess if someone can post a link for it online I can verifiy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SEAL team 6 is not 27 guys and the NSW ammo budget is not bigger then the marine budget although i bet it is close. </div></div>

That's Easy!!!

It's because Marines hit what they aim for in the first shot!
whistle.gif

We'll all get along better when you all realize that the Marine Corps is the fighting branch of the US Navy. The Navy boys are the taxi service.
wink.gif

So, it goes without saying that the ONLY fighting unit inside the US Navy would need more ammo to accomplish their objective.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marcinko was looking pretty rough there....any of you guys read his books? especially the 1st one?</div></div>

People get older. Fact of life. I am very good friends with another of the original Six members, who is also mentioned in the books, and he is older as well.
wink.gif

The books are good but after the first one they are fiction. Some people have a hard time seperating fact and fiction. I read the books for fun. Actually just picked up the newest one and will start it tomorrow.