• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discovery Optics ED-PRS 5-25x56 GenII

TheMoondog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020

The size and weight of this scope are notable. The ED-PRS has huge turrets. It's like they looked at Arken's turrets and said, "hold my beer". That said, the turrets are quit audible and tactile positive with no slop. The elevation turret has a ring and cog tooth style zero stop.

But this scope is heavy. Nearly 4lbs and over 16" long; over 19" with the sun shade attached. The Gen 2 has a greater range of adjustment than the Gen 1 and now sports Japanese ED glass. In my resolution testing the ED-PRS is just as sharp as the performance I got from my Tract Toric or a Leupold Mk5.

One disappointing aspects of the ED-PRS is its unforgiving eye box (which it shares with other Discovery scopes I've tested). But given it's 399 price and the decent rings it comes with, this is a crazy value proposition for bargain basement precision shooters.