• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dishwasher recommendations

I'm on my 3rd dishwasher in 27 years. I think I won't have to divorce this one. She's an all around cleaning machine.

Bosch or Miele. Have had both. Currently running a Miele. It does a better job cleaning than the Bosch. However run time is longer on a normal cycle. Both are whisper quiet.

Thing that had me liking the Miele over the Bosche was that the Miele chassis seems stronger.

Bosche door seems willing to twist torsionally. Miele was a solid door.

I'm not twist testing it, just go to open the Bosche door and only press on one corner because your off to the side of the machine at the sink about to load it you can see the twist in the door.

Reactions: stemikel
F56C8A18-292A-419C-8013-E36FD85D7B72.jpeg

Reactions: TACC and Aftermath
Joe Biden's War on Dishwashers Rages On

"Including Friday's proposed changes, the administration has proposed tightening energy efficiency standards for 16 product categories, including many home appliances. The DOE has opened or finalized rules on microwave ovens, normal ovens, refrigerators, and laundry machines in just the last few months.

"We're seeing costs of new products going up dramatically," says Jill Notini of the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM). "The food we are putting in the refrigerator is costing a lot more than it did a year or two ago. Now we're telling consumers not only is your food going to cost more, but your refrigerator will also cost you more."

Meeting DOE standards will cost manufacturers $2.5 billion, according to AHAM's aggregation of the DOE's own cost estimates. That figure doesn't include the costs of the latest dishwasher mandates."

Last edited:
I don't look forward to future dishwashers. I have a 10 YO Kitchen-Aid that is strong as a horse, I hope it keeps going. Soft water helps.

I have well water without a softener or conditioner so we have had to replace our dishwasher 3-4 times over the 36 years we've been in this house. Bought a new one 2 weeks ago, a GE from a local family owned appliance store that has been in business since 1935. This one is super quiet and easy to clean. The Maytag it replace was a royal pain and noisy as hell. We have a Fisher-Paykel in our RV and it does well also, yet not nearly as quiet as the new GE.

Bosch is good, but here is my more important idea.
Buy 2 and install them side by side. One is for dirty dishes to go in, the other is your clean dish cabinet. Obviously they rotate duty. You save time and kitchen cabinet space.
My wife thinks it’s ridiculous but I’m doing it when I build a little ADU on our property.

Buy 2 and install them side by side. One is for dirty dishes to go in, the other is your clean dish cabinet. Obviously they rotate duty. You save time and kitchen cabinet space.
My wife thinks it’s ridiculous but I’m doing it when I build a little ADU on our property.
I did just that, either side of the 36" sink. It's pretty efficient.

So when you finish breakfast you put dirty dishes in with your clean dishes……and that would be gross.

Looking for one that actually produces clean and dry dishes.
Plastic won’t dry.

If you only put glass, fired clay and metal in them they work great for drying.

I want to throw every plastic dish away.

No on GE. I got 5 years out of mine so there is that. Currently replacing boards. I would rather doing other fun stuff.

We bought a Bosch 300 Series a year and a half ago to replace a 15 year old builder grade GE. It cleans well and is so dang quiet, I can't even hear it.

You can do that with a Fisher and Parker dish drawer system. In the same footprint as a traditional dish washer you have two separate independent dish washers with there own switch/control panels. You can rotate between the top clean and bottom dirty or vice versa.

The top drawer is tall for bigger/heavy stuff so you don’t have to bend over as far to remove them. Pricey but functional. Also nice when loading/unloading your closer & right over the drawer unlike a traditional washer hitting your shins.

CA006EFE-CB56-4DCD-9983-012144FE0DBA.jpeg

Reactions: Graywolf.260