• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dishwasher safe car coffee thermos

atepointer

sub-amateur paint chipper
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    Dang if there is someone who has destroyed more of these I'd like to meet them. So, before I buy my next one does anyone have say 6 months of daily use on one that they can put in a dishwasher and it's not falling apart yet?

Are you talking more of a mug or an actual thermos that will fit in a cup sized holder?

Why the hell do you wash your coffee thermos in the dishwasher?

Rinse, refill. Maybe wash the lid once a week.

Lemme guess, you have trouble squatting over a hole in the woods to poop too?
    Is it the lack of heated seat or no bidet that throws you off?

No really though, why not just wash by hand?

We have a shit-ton of Tervis tumblers and mugs around the house. I don't know how they work for coffee, but they've all survived a few hundred trips through the dishwasher without issue.

Not sure how you are destroying yours? Are you looking for an actual thermos or just a travel mug?

As far as travel mugs I have used and throw the stainless contigo (west loop model) into the dishwasher for 3 years now. Also have a few stainless Thermos brand ones that I've used for 5 years that go in the dishwasher as well. Prefer the no drip Contigo lids, but they ain't nearly as durable and take damage from being dropped fairly easy.

Why the hell do you wash your coffee thermos in the dishwasher?

Rinse, refill. Maybe wash the lid once a week.

Lemme guess, you have trouble squatting over a hole in the woods to poop too?
    Is it the lack of heated seat or no bidet that throws you off?

No really though, why not just wash by hand?
    You get a hole to poop in? Fucking rich elitist; you probably run an AIAX too.

If my dishwasher kept breaking my thermos, I would sit her down a straighten her ass out.
    I do understand though, I've known some dishwashers that could tear up an iron wedge.
    I'd start by giving her a stern talking to about expensive gear. Then go buy a Yeti cup knockoff. She probably cant tear that up in less than a couple years.

If my dishwasher kept breaking my thermos, I would sit her down a straighten her ass out.
    I do understand though, I've known some dishwashers that could tear up an iron wedge.
    I'd start by giving her a stern talking to about expensive gear. Then go buy a Yeti cup knockoff. She probably cant tear that up in less than a couple years.
    I still have to retrain mine on knives every so often.

Coffee travel mugs should never go in DW.

Nothing worse than discovering soap water is stuck in the cap lock area and your coffee ends up tasting like soap.

My travel mug is like my cast iron pan - no soap - scalding hot water, rubbed clean, left to dry completely, not shared.

If I give myself my own AIDs who cares.

Is that even possible ? :unsure::rolleyes:
    1591192861445.png

Coffee travel mugs should never go in DW.

Nothing worse than discovering soap water is stuck in the cap lock area and your coffee ends up tasting like soap.

My travel mug is like my cast iron pan - no soap - scalding hot water, rubbed clean, left to dry completely, not shared.

If I give myself my own AIDs who cares.
    Ha ha YES this is me! I do it out of laziness really.....easy to just pile stuff in and hit 'run' and be done with it. So true I probably don't need to be washing it anyway it's just extra seasoning! Having said that I killed my last one.....so if Imma gonna get a new one?

I saw Tervis mentioned in here...anything else? And yea just an insulated coffee thermos to keep it warm not an actual ceramic mug or antyhing

Mine is made by Kleen Kanteen.

Double wall aluminum and the cap comes apart, kinda, so you can clean the top mechanism.

Been going strong for 2-3 years of just about daily use.

Ever find out what happens when your team mates find out you washed a coffee pot?
    I can remember my father telling me back in the 70's to not do that, it takes the seasoning out of it.
    For me It always takes a few days to get that soap taste out.
    Since I quit smoking I can smell the difference

Ever find out what happens when your team mates find out you washed a coffee pot?
    That's technically called washing the seasoning off. One would never do that to a BBQ pit, why a coffee pot?

OP Kleen Kanteen.....

This cap.....

with the appropriate 16oz bottle.

Of course on the site I cant find both together.

I got mine from a friend that owns a coffee shop.

I’ve had this for several years. I only use the regular screw-on cap but they make a drinking lid for them too

That's technically called washing the seasoning off. One would never do that to a BBQ pit, why a coffee pot?

The Chemex gets a rinse with cold water, turned upside down to drain, wipe the outside with a paper towel, call it done.

There is a layer of brown coffee adhering to start the next brew same as sour dough starter.

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Mine is made by Kleen Kanteen.

Double wall aluminum and the cap comes apart, kinda, so you can clean the top mechanism.

Been going strong for 2-3 years of just about daily use.
    Well I know I'm going to catch some shit for this one.
    Subaru gave me a Stainless steel mug when I bought my Outback.

I tossed it in the cupboard on the top shelf and there it sat.
    I lost my daily cup and needed something until I got a replacement.
    Well that was 2017 and I'm still using the cup from Subaru.
    I didn't even remember until this thread,I have no idea who made it as there is no writing on it

I wouldn’t buy yeti products any more because of the political shit they pulled, but I’ve got a bunch of them that I use for coffee and they and their lids have all made hundreds of trips through the dishwasher. The only ones I hand wash are my large screw top ones but that’s because they’ve got stickers all over them that the dishwasher would likely fuck up.

Well I know I'm going to catch some shit for this one.
    Subaru gave me a Stainless steel mug when I bought my Outback.

I tossed it in the cupboard on the top shelf and there it sat.
    I lost my daily cup and needed something until I got a replacement.
    Well that was 2017 and I'm still using the cup from Subaru.
    I didn't even remember until this thread,I have no idea who made it as there is no writing on it
    Lesbian.

Google on over to Black Rifle Coffee and select from the multitude of coffee transporters. Support a vet owned company and who knows you may even come off as cool.

To be rather contrary to everyone else.

I like to run eating and drinking containers through the dishwasher regularly.
    I actually purchased my latest dishwasher based partially on it having a specific setup for washing bottles.

There are not too many thermal type mugs that are rated for the dishwasher.

The one I like best is the Polar Bottle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759W9MTZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-R71EbBP2BCB3

The problem is the company that makes them discontinued making them so it's hard to find them.
    They also had a really nice twist lid option that came completely apart so you could wash it easily by hand on in the dishwasher.
    Unfortunately those are also in very short supply due to them being discontinued.

I run mine through the dishwasher about once a week and haven't had any problems in over a year.

Reactions: deersniper
    To be rather contrary to everyone else.

I like to run eating and drinking containers through the dishwasher regularly.
    I actually purchased my latest dishwasher based partially on it having a specific setup for washing bottles.

There are not too many thermal type mugs that are rated for the dishwasher.

The one I like best is the Polar Bottle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759W9MTZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-R71EbBP2BCB3

The problem is the company that makes them discontinued making them so it's hard to find them.
    They also had a really nice twist lid option that came completely apart so you could wash it easily by hand on in the dishwasher.
    Unfortunately those are also in very short supply due to them being discontinued.

I run mine through the dishwasher about once a week and haven't had any problems in over a year.
    I run my cups/mugs through, but rarely the carafe - don't even rinse...just through the old brew out and start over. My "work mug" may come home every 6 months to get a bath - I'm still here.

Dan,
    Just run over to Publix and grab a Tervis.
    They are good quality, dishwasher safe and they don't fuck up the flavor of coffee.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I regularly clean my cups and coffee pot.
    Otherwise the coffee gets acidic.

Reactions: deersniper and Fig
    I got these: Linky in a two pack from Costco. One blue, one black. Dishwasher safe so far.

Dan,
    Just run over to Publix and grab a Tervis.
    They are good quality, dishwasher safe and they don't fuck up the flavor of coffee.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I regularly clean my cups and coffee pot.
    Otherwise the coffee gets acidic.
    On it just gotta get off this infernal phone!

Clean the lid now and then and maybe let it feel water once a month, ENJOY

Then Walmart or evening Academy bubba-Yeti tumblers work good to...rinse it and re-use it

Google on over to Black Rifle Coffee and select from the multitude of coffee transporters. Support a vet owned company and who knows you may even come off as cool.

Are those coffee cups that are stupid expensive from BRCC made in USA or China?

Its rhetorical. All from China.
    When they support American business over major bigger profits on Chinese junk (not the boat) I will pay attention.

I have been given a couple Yeti cups as gifts. Would never spend $40 on a friggin coffee cup, $20 sure, but $40???
    Still have my old thermos and Stanley cups that work just great.

I was on a quest to find a made in the USA or for that matter Europe stainless steel water bottle / travel mug.

It seems nobody these days makes anything outside of china in that regard.

I was able to find one company selling glass water bottles that were made in France, but everybody else also seemed to be making everything in China and of course all claiming that they "do their own tests" to make sure the steel / glass isn't full of contaminates.......

At this rate I'll just have to go find some mud and make my own earthenware drinking bottles if I want to boycott China.

I was on a quest to find a made in the USA or for that matter Europe stainless steel water bottle / travel mug.

It seems nobody these days makes anything outside of china in that regard.

I was able to find one company selling glass water bottles that were made in France, but everybody else also seemed to be making everything in China and of course all claiming that they "do their own tests" to make sure the steel / glass isn't full of contaminates.......

At this rate I'll just have to go find some mud and make my own earthenware drinking bottles if I want to boycott China.

Do tumlbers count as a travel mug?

Made in USA tumbler

Sounds like you need to find a thermos that came along with every plastic lunchbox in the 80s.

My Transformers thermos would stand up to anything short of a nuclear attack and no matter how long I had let stuff sit in there, it laughed it off.

This thread is hilarious. Just singlehandedly improved my day. (I know, it’s a low bar)

Me... I use stainless Contigo mugs. Gotta rinse the lid with hot water everyday, or it’ll get funky. But works great...and since you mentioned “car”... it doesn’t spill.