• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dishwasher safe car coffee thermos

Sounds like you need to find a thermos that came along with every plastic lunchbox in the 80s.

My Transformers thermos would stand up to anything short of a nuclear attack and no matter how long I had let stuff sit in there, it laughed it off.

Us older poors had metal lunch boxes and the thermos had a glass liner.
Perfect thing for a 7yr old to carry around.

Reactions: Ravenworks
B.T.W. Powda, BRCC clearly labels their products that are made in the USA as such.
They seem to be up front about it and are making an effort to source American product.
I am not their spokesman, I just like to support veteran owned business when possible.
Carry on, this thread is a treasure trove of valuable Thermos information!!

My BRCC mug was supplied by Big Frig. It's nice, but commie made in the PRC.
Too bad because I like it and it was a present from my girls

I've got one of these Stanley cups, no leak, keeps coffee hot, and it does go
in the dishwasher from time to time, had it for 2-3 years, not sure where they are made, probably China.

Stanley hands down are the best imho. this comes from a stainless cup snob. I own/owned at least one piece from most major players. The second best is yeti.

Use a couple of the yet I clones. Most of the time they just get washed in the sink like the other dishes. When they get really stained fill with near boiling water and toss in a couple denture cleaning tablets. After things stop fuzzing mug is clean and shiny.

I've got one of these Stanley cups, no leak, keeps coffee hot, and it does go
in the dishwasher from time to time, had it for 2-3 years, not sure where they are made, probably China.

Yep, made in China since they were bought out in '02.

Coffee travel mugs should never go in DW.

Nothing worse than discovering soap water is stuck in the cap lock area and your coffee ends up tasting like soap.

My travel mug is like my cast iron pan - no soap - scalding hot water, rubbed clean, left to dry completely, not shared.

If I give myself my own AIDs who cares.
The soap incident happened to me this week. Ruined the entire day

• Sad
Reactions: pmclaine
Us older poors had metal lunch boxes and the thermos had a glass liner.
Perfect thing for a 7yr old to carry around.
Yep, by the time I got to school (no busses here) my thermos sounded like shower doors shipped via FEDEX.

Its a tough recovery but you will be better.

Coffee will get good again.

We are all in this brew together.
Driving in the car, so excited to get that first coffee hit...confusion...what is going on? Realization I completely screwed the pooch. Then anger.

Yesterday I didn’t trust myself and just had three cups at home before leaving. Mental shakeup here

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
i one upped my coffee experience spilling scalding java on my nuts on the way to th epool yesterday. the seal on the old lid was so bad it would fall out when tipping to drink so took it 'topless'.....speed bumps.....consequences. but it's day 1 of tervis this morning so i'm feeling good

Last edited: