• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disney world CC ?

Highpoint

Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
Cullman, Alabama
For those that have recently been to disney. Me and the family have a trip planed for next week, I plan on CC, but does the park allow it , not planning on taking it in the park to see Mickey, but we are staying in a hotel on property, and it will be left in the room during the day, and on me during away from mickey activities.

If it was not such a long drive I probably would not carry at all but, you never know.

I just do not want to get down there to see a no firearm sign on everything.
Thanks.

You need to decide what's more important
The safety of your kids or Mickey Mouse...

And Fwiw
No way in Hell I'd leave my sidearm in a Hotel room that's gonna be ransacked by a minimum wage cleaning crew while I'm out and about...

The security wands you at the gate to the parks; however, i have a friend that owns a condo on the property and there is no security check at the lodging places. I would be apprehensive about leaving my weapon in the hotel as well though. Room safe - maybe. Hidden and locked in my vehicle would make me more comfortable, but I'm sure you've already thought that part through.

Will be in a room safe, or locked in the car if there is not a safe. I definatly dont want Conswaila fondaling my piece.
I figured as much as the wand check at the gate, I hope they dont get their feelings hurt about my knife. It WILL be on me.

I just got back from the mouse trap with my wife and kids last week Saturday. We spent 4 days in the parks.

In Florida private business's can declare carry free zones, but it can not be enforced by law enforcement, so there is no legal ramifications if you carry.

I carried the whole time, technically, Disney does not allow it, but what they don't know wont hurt them (Carry Deep).

What happens there is you get herded in, people with bags go to one line, all bags DO get checked, the rest of the people get herded past their security to the ticket takers. The security officers are only making sure you are not sneaking a bag past without getting it checked.
What we did, my wife took the bags through the bag check and I took the stroller with the kids to the ticket scanners. The security guy always had to check my stroller to make sure no bags were under it.

There is NO metal detectors, nor do they scan you.

I have read accounts where guys have been spotted carrying, and they were asked politely to bring it back to their car, room or get a lock box up front.

Have fun in the parks, are you going with young kids?
It was my kids first time 3&5 they had a blast.

Will be in a room safe, or locked in the car if there is not a safe. I definatly dont want Conswaila fondaling my piece.
I figured as much as the wand check at the gate, I hope they dont get their feelings hurt about my knife. It WILL be on me.

Nope, no wand check (at least as of last week)

My wife and I did our honeymoon at Disney 8 years ago, we stayed at one of their resorts, at that time the place we stayed at had a little safe in the wall for valuables (or firearms).

So if you don't carry you should be GTG there

Most of the hotels and motels near the great Mouse Kingdom have in room safes.

I haven't been to the park in 20 years but some of the others (Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Islands of adventure, Sea world) typically have perfunctory bag searches, using a stick to poke deep inside, that miss things. The security people at the parks have the unenviable job of A) pretending to offer top grade security to all guests while B) living in total dread of offending a single one of them for fear of being fired.

They typically aren't looking too hard.

typically have perfunctory bag searches, using a stick to poke deep inside, that miss things.

That's what I recall from a few years ago at Universal. Always checked the wife's bag. Columbia fishing shirts are comfortable and cover a 1911 quite nicely. Was never asked about the Benchmade clipped to my pocket.

Queequeg;2346814 They typically aren't looking too hard.[/QUOTE said:
this^. we spent seven days on the parks, and sometimes 2 or 3 parks in one day back in october. only one time did the "security" actually look in mine or my wife's bag while they ran their hand in the bag and right back out. i think i could've had my g17 in there and gotten through security(i wouldn't try it to find out). and i didn't have trouble with my benchmade either.

have a great time.