• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos DIY Bolt Knob

Re: DIY Bolt Knob

Ok first off thanks a bunch for the positive remarks on this knob.

I did this on a whim for a 243 Win build I am trying to finish up of mine. The response is a bit overwhelming and I didnt have a clue that folks would want something like it.

Here's the deal. I work for a living and do rotating shifts so" my time" is a bit skewed. Another fly in the ointment is that my shop is at the ranch which I am only able to go on weekends. What I want to do is to see if this is even feasable on my part to knock a bunch of these knobs out.

Someone mentioned group buy and folks started to acknowledge that they wanted one which is great but I dont want to make a commintment that I cant keep. Please let me think this out and see what I can come up with.

Right now just thinking out loud I want to try a couple of different things. Am wanting to use stainless steel only. The finish can be blasted like the original picture, dura coated or Cerakoted black. Would be willing to do a cartridge of the buyers choice, they can provide their own or I can do some common ones.

Now for the pricing, to be competitive they would have to be in the $35-$40 range though they are somewhat personalized.

Anyways, let be see what I can do as far as turning a few out and if it's worth it on my end and I can do this in a timely fashion. If this does work out and I decide to do this, people are going to have to be flexible with time.

Again thanks for your interest, el gordo2

I was liking just the knob, but after everyones input, the spent casing idea makes me like it even more. I'm in of the op decides to charge ahead, although I have a feeling if je doesn't somebody else will.

OK wooow thats nice to here that you may be willing to do this.but if not will you still do one for someone who wants one.

I want one as well, maybe 2 in dif calibers!

nice work!

I have sent my first batch out to the members that PM'ed me. Anyone seriously wanting one please PM me and you will get put on the list as I get to them.

url]

Very good work for a DIY job (or a professional job at that). I like the shell in the end. Good idea.

I got mine today and they are nice. I need to get my factory LA bolt handle knocked off and threaded now. Thanks man