• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY Shooting/Position Barricade

km77

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2019
So, I decided to make another barricade. I have one that I use for AR/pistol shooting, but wanted something more "PRS" style.

I made it out of leftover 2x4s, 1.75" dowel rod, and part of an old climbing rope.

I still have to make the platform it will sit in. I will post more pictures once I get them complete.
IMG_5630.jpg
IMG_5631.JPG

Looking good! Interested to see what you come up for a base.

This is one I made. It has a little bit of everything
Awesome. I haven't been able to work on mine lately. That is exactly what I planned on doing for the legs. How does that setup work? Is it pretty stable?

You can make it as stable as you want. If the ground is level you could screw the base to the barricade. I don't have mine screwed in. There for I get some movement. But its easier to move that way.

Reactions: TACC
Some great looking and ingenious barricades.

Made this out of 2x2’s. It light weight and the piano hinge makes it fold into for East travel. The square boards can be added to any one of the openings on it for a good variety of training practice.

Attachments

• A8149D66-C985-4FCE-BCA7-F7A6AB3C728D.jpeg
    A8149D66-C985-4FCE-BCA7-F7A6AB3C728D.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 106
  • F7B891DC-DADC-4AF2-AEA8-A18C2178F402.jpeg
    F7B891DC-DADC-4AF2-AEA8-A18C2178F402.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 105
Pretty awesome guys. Need to build one myself.

Built this one from a WalMart sawhorse and some scrap lumber I had. Might add a pipe flange and some pipe to it for a rail simulator.
20200229_183802.jpg
20200229_185221.jpg

Reactions: kcrippen
Time to upgrade designs

CZech hedgehog now looks like this

g_1222_6928.jpg

g_1222_6924.JPG

Back in the Fall I needed a more portable barricade than the first one built so that I could get it to a class we were teaching out of town. I decided to hinge it and then use T-nuts under the base and on the ends so that it was near completely rigid once assembled. The chain added a bit of trickery at least the first time or two we shot off of it. I've been super pleased with it ever since, especially since it will fit in the back of a patrol car.

Reactions: B_TheJedi and TACC