• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes DIY Zero Stop for Diamondback Tactical?

hoop12

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2018
Texas
This goes for both the SFP and FFP models. Has anybody found a way to create a zero stop for these scopes? I have the 4-12 SFP and am looking into a FFP model, but for the next scope I buy, some form of a zero stop, whether factory or DIY, is an absolute MUST. Any help would be great

Did you remove the cap and look? I can check mine tomorrow to see if it can be shimmed

I haven’t, simply because I didn’t want to start messing with doing anything unless I’d found something that was successful.

No, as in you would need to figure out the OD, ID and height of whatever “stack of shims” would allow you to bottom out the elevation turret at your zero (or slightly past it). Then he would print a cylinder (that was one piece) for you to insert in your elevation turret in lieu of the shims.

You can check out the “SWFA zero stop” and Vortex “CRS zero stop” for examples of how this method works.

I have one of these scopes on the way, just not sure if the “shim” zero stop method even works on these scopes—I’ll follow up.