• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DLC Coating Services

Taves

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Doral, FL
Hi All,
I’m looking for recommendations on where to send a couple of short actions and bolts to be DLC coated (Curtis and Rem700).
would be nice if I can get something in the south east or even Florida.
Thank you

Looking to have similar work done. Can anyone provide additional datapoints for Club Custom or suggest any other shops?

Reactions: Taves
Any more info? Pricing ect? Thinking about doing the same. I really want a low temp application. Hopefully it won't lead to an improper heat treat situation.

I've heard they can even do aluminum. Wonder if the anno needs stripped? Or a bcg?

These guys are rad and have some pretty neat technology I’ve been working within them on some stuff. Check them out.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
I got parts back they all looked good. Haven’t put too many miles on them.

Look, if you want great nitride, Send your shit to rubber city armory.

20220826_003908.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've read that Rem700 action the bolt handle is going to come off during the process. unless it's tig welded on

What is a ballpark cost to coat/treat an action only? I just received a response back for "about $200". That didn't include the bolt.

I'm not seeing that they offer DLC on their website...
Yeah, that was my mistake. DLC is a particular PVD coating. They offer PVD but not DLC specific. I went with a dark grey for my action so PVD was fine for my use.

They do offer a black PVD. Sorry for the confusion.

My receiver was $80. I sent a Tikka bolt and handle that was $60. Parts prep was like $40 (it was actually $104 for prep but I sent 5 items)
765328C7-9F49-45FA-9F66-69F69DC71E77.jpeg
708F1106-234D-48B7-9FB6-31AD896D2AD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that was my mistake. DLC is a particular PVD coating. They offer PVD but not DLC specific. I went with a dark grey for my action so PVD was fine for my use.

They do offer a black PVD. Sorry for the confusion.

My receiver was $80. I sent a Tikka bolt and handle that was $60. Parts prep was like $40 (it was actually $104 for prep but I sent 5 items)
View attachment 7976814View attachment 7976815
Any update on how the coating is holding up? I’m looking to get my Tikka action coated also and the price seems reasonable.

Any update on how the coating is holding up? I’m looking to get my Tikka action coated also and the price seems reasonable.
So far it’s fine. Not heavily abused so I cannot say it’s been “tested.” The slide and the action that were coated are still pristine.