• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DMR Championship at PNTC, WV 7-26/7-27

tmpohuski7

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
MD
DMR Championship sponsored by Nightforce

PNTC DMR matches are also hosted on the PNTC Frontier range and main complex. This event will test the full capability of the AR tactical rifle. PNTC DMR Champinship is open to a wide variety of rifle systems, optics and shooter skill levels.

Shooters with semi-auto rifle with magnified optics will engage targets no less than 2 MOA out to 600 yards. Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, and time limit. Most stages will be unlimited round count. Shooter will have to improvise positions and firing solutions for most stages. Shooters must carry all their gear for the afternoon. Two classes of rifles for these events, AR15's chambered in 223/556 or open (any semi-auto) with magnified optics capable of accurate fire.
This is a two day prize table match open to the first 100 shooters.

Registration open here
Events | peacemakernational.com

Sponsored by Nightforce. Hello that means we will be giving some away. In addition to a Defiance Z15 upper and lower matching set, Certs from Manners, stuff from Hawk Hill Customs, Tab Gear and a big box of goodies from our friends at Brownells.

DMR Championship 7/26-7/27

We still have some spots open. All skill level's are welcome to compete, this is not an invitation only or point s event. We got some great stages planned and a really good looking prize table.

I’d first like to say what a great match! I had a blast hanging out with some of my fellow competitors shooting the shit and dinging steel. Tommy did a helluva job setting up this match, all of the RO’s did a fantastic job keeping things safe and running smoothly, and the sponsors donated a great prize table. The stages were awesome and challenged shooters with sometimes less than rock steady shooting positions and some pretty downright small targets. I’ve got video of some of the stages that I’m going to mash together and post up as soon as I can.

Some quick observations from the match:

I found that I didn’t dial in my elevation hardly at all for this match and if I did I just dialed to an intermediate distance and held high or low on target to get hits. While many of the stages had ample time to shoot, dialing would have eaten up valuable time potentially causing me to run out of time.

A quick detach bipod that can be moved forward or back on the rail helped greatly when dealing with some stages like shooting off the strap and Stumpy’s Revenge as well as just being able to take it off all together.

My tactical quarterback’s arm board was a quite possibly one of the most useful pieces of equipment I took to this match. I doped out every stage before hand on a piece of paper and it kept it readily available for me to reference during the stage. A cool technique that I saw some guys use was painter’s tape on their forearm that had the dope written on it that could be discarded after the stage.

Geissele triggers are the shit…nuff said.

There’s probably a whole slew of stuff I could include in this I’ll save it for later.

Here is a picture of the prize table and shooters.

Rank Last First Total
1 Kenney Ian 869
2 Wissing Frederick 789
3 Birchner Brix 779
4 Culotta Jack 772
5 Coar Evan 732
6 Burkholder Shawn 729
7 Keister Greg 716
8 Welsh Dylan 701
9 Radolec Matthew 690
10 Gervais Matt 650
11 Strasavich Todd 633
12 O'Connell Shawn 620
13 Duprey Robert 569
14 Kunz Josh 554
15 Krukowski Paul 548
16 Barnhart Cory 489
17 Cokonis Jim 472
18 Hupman Bryan 469
19 Gosselin Gregory 432
20 Overstreet Mark 422
21 Jepson Chris 392
22 Clusman Karen 233

Attachments

• DSCF3436.jpg
    DSCF3436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF3438.jpg
    DSCF3438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Thanks to all the shooters in attendance - you guys were a great group and all shot well.
Hope to see you all on the range again.

First, thanks to Nightforce for the fantastic scope they put on the prize table. That is VERY big support from a top shelf company. It was also kind of funny... BS'ing with Ian after the match, both he and I are running a NF 2.5-10x.

Congrats to Ian on a lights-out, skull crushing performance. I couldn't catch you bro, but I got as close as I could.

Once again the staff worked their asses off and delivered an awesome match. Thank you guys.

If you haven't been to peacemaker, you don't know what you are missing. It's like a disneyland for people like us. This match took place on something like six different 600Y+ ranges on the massive complex and property. Some of it wilderness, other parts of it like a well manicured golf course. Each had their own challenging wind conditions, and other interesting terrain features to consider.

The staff are professional RO's and they run things extremely well.

I thought the CoF was excellent. It focused on what I thought a DMR match should be about: Building the best available position in the least possible time and getting your hits under that stress as quickly as you are able to. Not much of this match took place on the belly. I think only two of the 10 stages you could shoot prone.

Favorite stages: Stumpy's Revenge, The one where we shot using the six trees for support, and the 325-500Y barricade on the trailer stage.

I don't have any photos so guys that do please post them up.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Freddie,

I've got some video of the stages I'm trying to mash together, I was hoping to have it ready this afternoon but it's taking longer than I thought. I'll post it up when I get a chance.

Nice work Army Dog Ian! Sounds like a great match all around. Tom P is putting on some great stuff out in WV! Lots of great shooters on that score sheet - I really wish I could make it out to more of these matches this year...

I thought that was pretty damn good for a non spielberger.

The only stage I dialed dope for was that daggum mover. The way this match was set up dialing every target was a timeout trap you couldn't afford to fall into.

I wanna see the photos Danny P took of me goofing around at the last stage. He's like "look mean..." Oh, sorry I sez.... I thought you said "look ugly."

For reference, the mover was set to 70% speed. I estimate about 5-7 mph. ;). Wasn't quite Olympic Gold Medal speed, but defiantly moving at a pace that I would be if I were on the receiving end of a projectile.