• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Do all can. Adapter school please. 🤣

Watching sound test videos the Dead air Nomad Ti is on average 139. Something dbs. It also looks as if the helios is virtually the same. Infact all the cans appear to be in that 139-140dbs with 6.5creeds.
It's like splitting hairs for dbs. The tones maybe different?

Also is there a BEST PLACE to purchase? Has sales or maybe even a black Friday deal?

Pewscience.com is the only thing worth looking at for sound suppression analysis.

https://pewscience.com/rankings

Watching sound test videos the Dead air Nomad Ti is on average 139. Something dbs. It also looks as if the helios is virtually the same. Infact all the cans appear to be in that 139-140dbs with 6.5creeds.
It's like splitting hairs for dbs. The tones maybe different?

Also is there a BEST PLACE to purchase? Has sales or maybe even a black Friday deal?
Silencer Shop’s system sucks as-is, I can’t imagine the dealing with a Black Friday surge. Don’t forget to account for the extra lead time for Silencer Shop to process a Form 3 to your dealer and your dealer’s own lead time on preparing a Form 4 for certification. If there’s a screw up, you can expect Silencer Shop to move like molasses and won’t get squared away until mid-December to January. Then you’re waiting an average 240 days for ATF approval.

Use Silencer Shop’s dealer as a reference to find a reputable local dealer and skip Silencer Shop services altogether if you can.

Refer to https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews for an idea of performance metrics and characteristics of suppressor design. A quiet bolt gun suppressor could potentially run inefficiently on a gas gun.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Silencer Shop’s system sucks as-is

Definitely not my experience. I have like 5 form 4's through them and 3 e-form 4's.

With silencershops infrastructure I don't even need to go to my ffl until it's time to pick up my can regardless of where I bought it from.

My last silencer I bought from lanbos on Aug 8th. Form 3 cleared and was sent out Aug 17th. Got to my dealer Sat the 20th. Certified on Monday the 22nd.

Once they have your trust, picture and prints you just buy a stamp online and it's all handled by the dealer and silencer shop. I don't need to do anything other than certify over the phone/pc.

Definitely not my experience. I have like 5 form 4's through them and 3 e-form 4's.

With silencershops infrastructure I don't even need to go to my ffl until it's time to pick up my can regardless of where I bought it from.

My last silencer I bought from lanbos on Aug 8th. Form 3 cleared and was sent out Aug 17th. Got to my dealer Sat the 20th. Certified on Monday the 22nd.

Once they have your trust, picture and prints you just buy a stamp online and it's all handled by the dealer and silencer shop. I don't need to do anything other than certify over the phone/pc.
Same here.

Reactions: Clayman
Dominus CB would be my suggestion. I put that shit on everything. Buy 1/2×28 and 5/8×24 flash hider and turn your CB Dominus into a pseudo direct thread. This expands the versatility of a top shelf choice.

I also have an Ultra 9 and 338 Ultra. I use the Dominus way more than both of those now. I tried all three on a 26” 6.5 Creedmoor and couldn’t tell a difference.

Love the Dominus on my .308 AR10 hog rifle, long barreled bolt guns 223 through 300 WSM, and especially hanging out in a tree with my Fix.

Good luck with your choice. If you don’t go Thunderbeast now it will be expensive, because you’ll eventually own one.

Attachments

• 83DEA4A3-F912-4703-8399-3CB2ABA87711.jpeg
    83DEA4A3-F912-4703-8399-3CB2ABA87711.jpeg
    947.3 KB · Views: 64
Dominus CB would be my suggestion. I put that shit on everything. Buy 1/2×28 and 5/8×24 flash hider and turn your CB Dominus into a pseudo direct thread. This expands the versatility of a top shelf choice.

I also have an Ultra 9 and 338 Ultra. I use the Dominus way more than both of those now. I tried all three on a 26” 6.5 Creedmoor and couldn’t tell a difference.

Love the Dominus on my .308 AR10 hog rifle, long barreled bolt guns 223 through 300 WSM, and especially hanging out in a tree with my Fix.

Good luck with your choice. If you don’t go Thunderbeast now it will be expensive, because you’ll eventually own one.
What makes the Dominus better than the CGS Helios or Dead air Nomad Ti? Seems like the latter 2 have the most versatile mounting systems and are just as quiet???

Last edited:
So I see it says 556 suppressor. Do they have different cans? .30cal? The descriptions say 556.

They had originally marketed it as a low backpressure .223 can but the bore is varying from .355 to .365. It's a .30 cal can and one of the best ones made in the 6-7" range. Due to the overbore It's actually much better with rounds larger than .224 on bolt actions.

But due to it's design and that overbore it should be good on your semi auto .224 valkyrie, good balance of suppression with not much blowback.

It's basically their Hyperion K but with a hub mount and blast chamber. That blast chamber actually increased it's preformance over the Hyperion k quite a bit.

They had originally marketed it as a low backpressure .223 can but the bore is varying from .355 to .365. It's a .30 cal can and one of the best ones made in the 6-7" range. Due to the overbore It's actually much better with rounds larger than .224 on bolt actions.

But due to it's design and that overbore it should be good on your semi auto .224 valkyrie, good balance of suppression with not much blowback.

It's basically their Hyperion K but with a hub mount and blast chamber. That blast chamber actually increased it's preformance over the Hyperion k quite a bit.
Gotcha, so now is the performance and quality worth the extra $400 over a Nomad Ti? That's the part I'm struggling with. I knows it's a sweet suppressor.

Gotcha, so now is the performance and quality worth the extra $400 over a Nomad Ti? That's the part I'm struggling with. I knows it's a sweet suppressor.

I have a regular Nomad and the Helios qd ti. Nomad ti is lighter and shorter. Helios is about .5" longer and like 2-3oz more. Helios is higher quality, will be more durable and a bit quieter. On your 7 saum I believe you'd notice the biggest preform difference between them. Nomad is still great.

I think cgs's quality and finish is in a complete different category. Dead Air doesn't actually make anything, they have a bunch of shops making their stuff. They are essentially a marketing company with Todd designing stuff. I've been seeing a pretty good amount of dead air cans having problems. The cerakote on my Nomad started melting off in a single mag. My other dead air cans have been fine.

They are both good cans. Both preform well. The Nomad is great, it really is. The Helios is imo better.

If you think the $400 is too much I think you'd be very happy with the nomad. It's great. The Nomad ti is also very quiet on 300 blk.

Last edited:
I have a regular Nomad and the Helios qd ti. Nomad is lighter and shorter. Helios is about .5" longer and like 2-3oz more. Helios is higher quality, will be more durable and a bit quieter. On your 7 saum I believe you'd notice the biggest preform difference between them. Nomad is still great.

I think cgs's quality and finish is in a complete different category. Dead Air doesn't actually make anything, they have a bunch of shops making their stuff. They are essentially a marketing company with Todd designing stuff. I've been seeing a pretty good amount of dead air cans having problems. The cerakote on my Nomad started melting off in a single mag. My other dead air cans have been fine.

They are both good cans. Both preform well. The Nomad is great, it really is. The Helios is imo better.

If you think the $400 is too much I think you'd be very happy with the nomad. It's great. The Nomad ti is also very quiet on 300 blk.
The Nomad Ti is the one I'm most interested in besides the Helios. I'm still interested in the Tbac Dominus and the Tbac Ultra 7 also.

The Nomad Ti is the one I'm most interested in besides the Helios. I'm still interested in the Tbac Dominus and the Tbac Ultra 7 also.

You're free to choose whatever.

I'd personally pick something with the hub mount. On a 20" 308 bolt gun a helios qd ti is almost as quiet to the shooters ear as a tbac ultra 9.

1eHgmT7.jpg

Diligent Defense Enticer S ti
Nomad Ti
Helios qd Ti

Between these 3 they offer great preformance, hub mount capability and versatility, light weight, 6.5-7".

I believe you'd be very happy with any of these 3.

Isn't the Helios even with the solid end cap lower back pressure then the nomad? That’d be pretty important for running on gas guns.

Isn't the Helios even with the solid end cap lower back pressure then the nomad? That’d be pretty important for running on gas guns.

That's going to be caliber dependent. Nomad on 308 is actually relatively low back pressure. Less than the helios.

Back pressure is something I don't know enough about to know which one is better. But I have an adjustable gas block so I can make adjustments fairly easy. I could have used one on the Valkyrie today out coyote hunting. Mainly for my buddy who was sitting right next to me. 🤣

That's going to be caliber dependent. Nomad on 308 is actually relatively low back pressure. Less than the helios.

I was talking small frame, he said he has a 224 valk he’d like to run it on.

Reactions: Mxracer532
So I decided to make the dive.
Criteria:
Hunting rifle (7 SAUM, 6.5 Creed, .243) so 30 cal can
Also be able to toss on my .224 Valkyrie AR for coyotes. The .224 being 1/2×28 thread and all others being 5/8×24. This won't be used for mag dumps. It won't be used for rapid fire. Pretty much solely a hunting suppressor.

All barrels are 24" so length I'd like to keep 7" or less and want to keep the weight down to a minimum.

The more I read the more confusing it gets especially with the mounting systems. (For me being a rookie with suppressors)

How does the process work? I went and did the Silencer shop kiosk registration and downloaded the app for my picture. I chose the NFA single shot trust when I registered but do I pay for that at the same as when I purchase the suppressor? Do I do the efile form 4 first? Is that done at the dealer or through say silencershop if that's where I purchase? If I purchase somewhere else is there a fee to transfer to an FFL?

I had kinda narrowed them down to a Tbac Ultra 7 and a Dead air Nomad ti.

All the help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

realistically how often will you be swapping the suppressor?

a simple direct thread works fine. you can get a well made adapter for like $20ea to make all your 1/2-28 into 5/8-24.

I honestly dont get buying a threaded muzzle device with a threaded adapter to go on a threaded barrel when you can simply screw the suppressor on factory threads. seems redundant.

I bought a bunch of Reardon muzzle devices and adapters and it felt unnecessary putting it all on. removed them and theyre sitting in a box to be returned. for the price of outfitting all the rifles I could buy another suppressor.

Rex Silentium MG7 are like $450 and I shoot it on everything from 5.56 to 300PRC.

at least the quick detach devices that prevent it from spinning loose serve a purpose.

realistically how often will you be swapping the suppressor?

a simple direct thread works fine. you can get a well made adapter for like $20ea to make all your 1/2-28 into 5/8-24.

I honestly dont get buying a threaded muzzle device with a threaded adapter to go on a threaded barrel when you can simply screw the suppressor on factory threads. seems redundant.

I bought a bunch of Reardon muzzle devices and adapters and it felt unnecessary putting it all on. removed them and theyre sitting in a box to be returned. for the price of outfitting all the rifles I could buy another suppressor.

Rex Silentium MG7 are like $450 and I shoot it on everything from 5.56 to 300PRC.

at least the quick detach devices that prevent it from spinning loose serve a purpose.
Not all that often. Once my rifles are sighted in with the suppressor it would be on whatever gun I'd be using to hunt with. My PRS rig I won't use a suppressor. If I am going bear hunting it will go on my SAUM. If my daughter going deer hunting it will go on the Creed. If all those seasons are over it goes onto the AR for coyotes.

Not all that often. Once my rifles are sighted in with the suppressor it would be on whatever gun I'd be using to hunt with. My PRS rig I won't use a suppressor. If I am going bear hunting it will go on my SAUM. If my daughter going deer hunting it will go on the Creed. If all those seasons are over it goes onto the AR for coyotes.
like I said unless you're going QD theres no real point in adapters. just me. 🤷‍♂️

I got a bunch of these for the 1/2-28 barrels.

Post in thread 'FS: Muzzle Thread Adapters 1/2-28 to 5/8-24' https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...dapters-1-2-28-to-5-8-24.6926612/post-9965324

like I said unless you're going QD theres no real point in adapters. just me. 🤷‍♂️

I got a bunch of these for the 1/2-28 barrels.

Post in thread 'FS: Muzzle Thread Adapters 1/2-28 to 5/8-24' https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...dapters-1-2-28-to-5-8-24.6926612/post-9965324

Personally I'd rather have muzzle devices on my rifles than thread protectors. You also need to torque dt cans on or they will walk. Taper mount are plenty quick and lock up solid without needing to be torqued down or worrying about walking. Its not keymo fast but taking 3 seconds longer isn't exactly slow. It's also much lighter/shorter than most qd systems. To each their own, until I have a silencer for every rifle or I'm solely dedicating a silencer to a rifle I'm going to use a taper mount.

Same. I don’t like constantly threading and unthreading shit off my barrel threads, I have 4 rifles with CF barrels and really don’t want to mess those threads up. None of this stuffs cheap and my suppressor interface isn’t where I’m looking to save money. I’ll stick with taper mounts.

Nomad or SiCO 36m
Get the area 419 mounting system for your can and your barrels.

What makes the Dominus better than the CGS Helios or Dead air Nomad Ti? Seems like the latter 2 have the most versatile mounting systems and are just as quiet???
Absolutely nothing more an fanboys being fanboys... They're all good cans. I would strongly recommend the Otter Creeks I linked you to above. They're stellar cans and the company is growing rapidly. And it's growing a huge fanbase, because of the quality of the products they're putting out that are directly competing with the biggest names in the industry. 👍🏼

Back pressure is something I don't know enough about to know which one is better. But I have an adjustable gas block so I can make adjustments fairly easy. I could have used one on the Valkyrie today out coyote hunting. Mainly for my buddy who was sitting right next to me. 🤣
I have ran both of my .30 caliber Otter Creeks (Hydro-S & Hydro-L) on ALL of my AR's (5.56, .300 BLK, & 6.5 Grendel) with both subs and supers, and no issues cycling anything, no excess in pressure or gas in your face, either. The larger .30 caliber bore helps that out, when running it on smaller calibers. One of the main reason why the Sandman-S is so popular on AR's. The larger bore makes it more forgiving on tuning, and less gas in your face (back pressure). 👍🏼 But, the Sandman-S is also not the quietest can on the market...I have 2 of them. They're great for what they are, but there are much quieter options available, if DB is what you're chasing. Personally, for me, I like my suppressors to be as quiet as possible, considering that's basically the main point of using them.

I have ran both of my .30 caliber Otter Creeks (Hydro-S & Hydro-L) on ALL of my AR's (5.56, .300 BLK, & 6.5 Grendel) with both subs and supers, and no issues cycling anything, no excess in pressure or gas in your face, either. The larger .30 caliber bore helps that out, when running it on smaller calibers. One of the main reason why the Sandman-S is so popular on AR's. The larger bore makes it more forgiving on tuning, and less gas in your face (back pressure). 👍🏼 But, the Sandman-S is also not the quietest can on the market...I have 2 of them. They're great for what they are, but there are much quieter options available, if DB is what you're chasing. Personally, for me, I like my suppressors to be as quiet as possible, considering that's basically the main point of using them.
My main thing is length and weight. If all my barrels weren't 24" Carbons I'd be more willing to go with a longer can and cut down the barrels. Honestly from what I have been able to come up with is they are all within 3-5dbs at the ear for any of the what most consider top suppressors.

My main thing is length and weight. If all my barrels weren't 24" Carbons I'd be more willing to go with a longer can and cut down the barrels. Honestly from what I have been able to come up with is they are all within 3-5dbs at the ear for any of the what most consider top suppressors.
The Hydrogen-S is the same length and weight and performance as the DA Nomad-Ti and TBAC Ultra-7...And cheaper when on sale, like right now at Bauer Precision (the link I posted in a previous post). That's why I mentioned it. 😉👍🏼

The Hydrogen-S is the same length and weight and performance as the DA Nomad-Ti and TBAC Ultra-7...And cheaper when on sale, like right now at Bauer Precision (the link I posted in a previous post). That's why I mentioned it. 😉👍🏼
I gotta make a decision soon. Just gotta make sure I have my ducks in a row as I'm still trying to figure out the process. Efile form4 ect....

Reactions: FuhQ
I gotta make a decision soon. Just gotta make sure I have my ducks in a row as I'm still trying to figure out the process. Efile form4 ect....
Silencer Shop makes that really simple. Give them a call. They can help you. Once you get it all setup, buying cans is super easy. All 7 of mine have been through Silencer Shop (5 paper forms, 2 eForms).

Second the Hellfire mounting system from 419. I have had zero issues with many cans and a bunch of rifles. Great versatility with that system and quality products. Also have an U7 and a Dominus and I give the nod to the Dominus for any hunting purpose. Great for a precision can and can’t argue the increased suppression.

The Dominus is out of stock everywhere. Also $600 more than the Ultra 7. Or even more if I went with the Ultra 5. Is the Dominus really worth $600 more to have it be 1.5" shorter than the Ultra 7? Or even if I went with the Ultra 5 and it was what 2db louder?

With the tb mounts how does it work with 1/2×28 and 5/8×24? Assuming they make an adapter?
We have Dominus in stock now, ready to ship.

Dominus K SR
Dominus SR

Reactions: kthomas

It would be hard to beat the Dominus for length and weight.

If you want a short suppressor that still suppresses well, volume is key. Look for shorter and "fatter" suppressors. I don't know of another suppressor that has the same combination of weight, length and suppression in a short package. The Dominus has very similar suppression ratings as the Ultra-7, but in a shorter package.

Don't get too hung up on dB ratings. If you do any volume of shooting at all, you'll still need ear pro with supersonic ammo. IMO, there are other aspects of suppressors that are much more important than the dB rating.

Silencer Shop makes that really simple. Give them a call. They can help you. Once you get it all setup, buying cans is super easy. All 7 of mine have been through Silencer Shop (5 paper forms, 2 eForms).
Called them today. Explained what I wanted and what my intentions were. They recommended the Dead Air Nomad Ti.

Called them today. Explained what I wanted and what my intentions were. They recommended the Dead Air Nomad Ti.
That’s because they don’t sell OCL. But they’re nearly identical in size, weight, and performance. The Nomad-Ti is a great can…I have had its bigger brother since 2021, the Nomad-LT. 👍🏼

Just a heads-up, you can still use the SS system to buy a can from another dealer, that SS doesn’t sell. Both of my OCL cans are through my SS account with eForms and Single Shot trusts. 👍🏼

That’s because they don’t sell OCL. But they’re nearly identical in size, weight, and performance. The Nomad-Ti is a great can…I have had its bigger brother since 2021, the Nomad-LT. 👍🏼

Just a heads-up, you can still use the SS system to buy a can from another dealer, that SS doesn’t sell. Both of my OCL cans are through my SS account with eForms and Single Shot trusts. 👍🏼
Buuuuut. Then your paying for transfer fees and so it probably works out to be pretty much the same. 🤷

Buuuuut. Then your paying for transfer fees and so it probably works out to be pretty much the same. 🤷
I pay $20 transfer fee at my local FFL for guns. Since they are a “Powered By” SS dealer with a kiosk, I don’t believe they charge me. Been a while since I picked up my last can, but pretty sure they don’t charge any fee for cans bought using SS for paperwork.

Last edited:
I pay $20 transfer fee at my local FFL for guns. Since they are a “Powered By” SS dealer with a kiosk, I don’t believe they charge me. Never ac while since I picked up my last can, but pretty sure they don’t charge any fee for cans bought using SS for paperwork.