• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do i have something different here? Remington M700

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
I bought a Remington Model 700 Sendero recently. Its got the cobb web stock and bull barrel but its a black finish. Maybe parkerized. Its not stainless like I've seen in sendero pictures. Today I took the action out and the stock has and aluminum bedding block and pillars which I also didn't know about. Did these guns come in black finish or is this a different action in the stock and with a sendero barrel?

Its a .300 winchester mag

Re: Do i have something different here? Remington M700

Also what torque is proper for the action screws? 45, or the traditional 65?

That's my gun. Who makes the stock? Is it a Remington?

The stock on your rifle is an HS Precision. That's how they came from the factory.

Okay, I knew some of the rifles came with HS Precision stocks.

So 45 or 65 in/lbs on the action screws?

If it has the stock bottom metal, 45. If it has a stronger aftermarket bottom metal then 65.

DO I have something Special here.
Mine is actually stamped "<span style="font-style: italic">Sendero Special</span>" on the barrel.
It's 7mm mag, I put the M-24 stock on it.
I bought this when they first came out, I think around 1992-3.
Curt
100_5672.jpg

No. The old original Senderos were stamped as such.

Looks like we both have regular guns. But that's fine with me, I just wasn't sure. The stock threw me off. I wasn't expecting to find an aluminum bedding block and pillars under my action