• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do I quit?

Re: Do I quit?

Ditto.

There ARE many jobs out there. Start searching. Just because your boss has no morals, honor, or principle, does not mean that you have to give up yours, either.

Morals, Honor, and Principle are some of the greatest things a person can have. AND, we take them to the grave. Everything else is left behind.

Unless, that is, you give it/them away, sooner.

Lets be honest - you are done there either way. How can you work for a place that just blindly fucked you? Soooo with that in mind...I suggest the following:
- secure a copy of the employee manual explaining the employee purchase program. Take note of any special fine print or exceptions. Verify you did everything you had to do to keep this within the rules...
- Next gather your order paperwork from when you located/sourced the piece and when it arrived to your dealers books.
- Gather any emails or other communications which verify that this piece was intended for your purchase...
- go to your boss.

I'm having a real hard time finding work by where I live right now, and yes, as sad as it is, I live paycheck to paycheck at the moment, and I have very little savings, some but not much. so just keep that in mind. If I could not find work within two months, I would be in trouble more than likely.

I guess I could cash in my TSP, but was really hoping to save that for a down payment on a house or something one day in the future..

I say it's pretty fucked up. However, I would actively look for new employment before I just quit and walked out. I know it sucks, but it's better to have some kind of income than none. Also, I agree with Mike to tell everyone you know not to shop there.

(sarcasm)Hell be rude to everyone now, customers and your boss. Get fired and go on unemployment benefits. That will show them, as the company has to pay for half of those benefits after you leave. That's 99 weeks of vacation and they pay half the tab
wink.gif

Disclaimer: I wouldn't go on unemployment and never have. Then again I never have been fired from a job.

Its one thing to list an item online or in a store and benifit from the current panic pricing, which I don't agree with unless you had to purchase at a higher price and need to charge more than MSRP to make money. It is entirely different to charge your employees panic or retail prices because you are f#@king greedy. I would recite policy to him and hold him to it, if he doesnt agree then walk.

Kirk R

first off you guys are fist fucking people charging 3500 for an SR-15....my Mod 1 ran me 1900. I would suggest getting the hell out of there and tell the big man to F off

Do what is smart for you financially, and morally. Start looking, then you choose the time and place for quitting once you have a job lined up. Act, don't react. It's often easier to get a job if you already have one.

I also wouldn't start messing up my work to spite them. Do what's right regardless of the greedy f*cktards that own the place.

I once quit a high paying job over morals. It was a tough decision, but I don't regret it. I also bided my time and quit a few months later when I could make the transition on my own terms. The best jobs I've ever had were always with people who placed character above profit.

Edit: I would also give them the opportunity to make it right. They should honor their own policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blueclawz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets be honest - you are done there either way. How can you work for a place that just blindly fucked you? Soooo with that in mind...I suggest the following:
- secure a copy of the employee manual explaining the employee purchase program. Take note of any special fine print or exceptions. Verify you did everything you had to do to keep this within the rules...
- Next gather your order paperwork from when you located/sourced the piece and when it arrived to your dealers books.
- Gather any emails or other communications which verify that this piece was intended for your purchase...
- <span style="color: #CC0000">go to an attorney </span>
- go to your boss. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blueclawz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suggest the following:
- go to your boss.</div></div>

This ^

Hold your employer accountable to their own policies, it is generally illegal for companies to violate their own employee handbook, etc. First and foremost keep it civil and professional.

Remember that they will scrutinize you after this though. You may want to tread lightly unless you have another job lined up.

Fuck them! My shop would never do that! That is crap on the highest level. I wouldn't quit though, I'd make them stick to their word or start milking them dry until they fire you then take them for unemployment. Just my thoughts.

Also if you are really short on cash/funds I would refrain from buying anything remotely costing 3k if you don't need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moredots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, at the moment, not to great financially. Definitely could not go long without a job, before I was in real trouble. I do not have family out here, and the little family I have left aren't in any position to help me either.

I am getting by as of now, and saving slowly.

I work for a gun store

The company I work for has a thing, where you can buy 1 serialized item at a discount once every 3 months for a total of up to 4 serialized items per year. I have been working for the company for a year now, and hadn't used my purchase until last month. Now I had been busting my ass for the company latley, and I talked it over with the manager of my location and we were able to bring in a particular serialized item that I had been wanting for a long time (KAC SR-15 URX 3.1). I was able to secure it for my discount and it was put on my layaway.

WELL.... The big man (main store) called and said that's not kosher. SO on my day off, I was called and told that I can't have it for my discount, and if I want it I have to pay full retail like everyone else. The item is $3,500.00 without my discount......

How fucked up is that? Am I over reacting? </div></div>

Yes, you are over reacting. By a lot. Take a deep breath and back off the whole thing for a minute. You said it your self that you cannot really afford to quit. So if you do, you are out a gun and now are sick with worry.

Here is my solution: Save your money. For about 6 months. Do NOTHING but save after you pay your bills. I mean don't even buy a pack of gum if you are not life dependent on it.

Then, after those six months. Take a look at your savings. Look at your car payments, your phone bills, etc. Pay off that shit first. You wont be free to do what you want to do, until you are debt free.

I have had plenty of jobs that i hated. Put up with it until you can square up and then move on. It sucks. This manager fucked you, yes. But, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. BTDT and only you will lose.

Take the high road and do better for yourself. By the time 6 months are over, you'll have more than enough to buy and still be stingy. Trust me. Debt/lay-a-way = slavery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moredots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, at the moment, not to great financially. Definitely could not go long without a job, before I was in real trouble. I do not have family out here, and the little family I have left aren't in any position to help me either.

I am getting by as of now, and saving slowly.

I work for a gun store

The company I work for has a thing, where you can buy 1 serialized item at a discount once every 3 months for a total of up to 4 serialized items per year. I have been working for the company for a year now, and hadn't used my purchase until last month. Now I had been busting my ass for the company latley, and I talked it over with the manager of my location and we were able to bring in a particular serialized item that I had been wanting for a long time (KAC SR-15 URX 3.1). I was able to secure it for my discount and it was put on my layaway.

WELL.... The big man (main store) called and said that's not kosher. SO on my day off, I was called and told that I can't have it for my discount, and if I want it I have to pay full retail like everyone else. The item is $3,500.00 without my discount......

How fucked up is that? Am I over reacting? </div></div>

Yes, you are over reacting. By a lot. Take a deep breath and back off the whole thing for a minute. You said it your self that you cannot really afford to quit. So if you do, you are out a gun and now are sick with worry.

Here is my solution: Save your money. For about 6 months. Do NOTHING but save after you pay your bills. I mean don't even buy a pack of gum if you are not life dependent on it.

Then, after those six months. Take a look at your savings. Look at your car payments, your phone bills, etc. Pay off that shit first. You wont be free to do what you want to do, until you are debt free.

I have had plenty of jobs that i hated. Put up with it until you can square up and then move on. It sucks. This manager fucked you, yes. But, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. BTDT and only you will lose.

Take the high road and do better for yourself. By the time 6 months are over, you'll have more than enough to buy and still be stingy. Trust me. Debt/lay-a-way = slavery. </div></div>

This, plus keep the job until you have another lined up. I do most of the hiring in my company. Someone who is already employed looks better than someone out of work, especially if they come into the interview and bitch about past employers.

Good luck in your pursuit of the new job. I'll say a like prayer for you.

While it's bullshit and I would be pissed too, it's not worth your job if you are living paycheck to paycheck. It would be foolish if you don't have another possible place of employment that you could go to. Not only would you be out that gun but you would be without a job. I know you probably don't want advice on how to live your life but realistically you are better off without that gun for now since it sounds like at this point it's not in your best interest financially.

Don't quit yet. If you have an employee manual it might state that you can buy 1 serialized item at a discount once every 3 months for a total of up to 4 serialized items per year. If it does and it doesn't mention any stipulations like your boss just so happened to mention then ring up the gun and purchase it. What's he going to sue you for? If there's nothing in writing then he has no ground to stand on. You'll get fired but you want to quit anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't quit yet. If you have an employee manual it might state that you can buy 1 serialized item at a discount once every 3 months for a total of up to 4 serialized items per year. If it does and it doesn't mention any stipulations like your boss just so happened to mention then ring up the gun and purchase it. What's he going to sue you for? If there's nothing in writing then he has no ground to stand on. You'll get fired but you want to quit anyway. </div></div>

+1, take advantage, do it, then never show up again. He sure as heck can't sue you. I had a similar falling out with some employees a few years ago. I wish I could have taken a "going away bonus" on the way out the door. You'll never regret your decision (ie have more respect for yourself for making the tough choice) and you'll find a way to work it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moredots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys.

They didn't violate any policies, they basically went back on their word.

I get to purchase 1 gun every 3 months. I purchased a handgun at my discount before the shooting had occurred. Then everything got nuts. I am not eligible again until March... So I made a deal with my boss who got the go ahead from the COO of our company that I can get the rifle for my discount if a ban was imminent, and until then it would go on my layaway so I would have time to pay it off. Well the CEO's cock sucking son found out we had em on our layaways, told his daddy, and the CEO basically said no, because I guess loosing an employee is worth having a ridiculously high markup and making that extra couple of bux on a rifle. So tomorrow morning the SR-15 comes off my layaway, and goes out on the shelf. EMPLOYEES ARENT ALOUD TO DO LAYWAYS ON BLACK GUNS....

I decided what I am going to do.

Thank you all.

</div></div>

So an exception was made, then overruled by a superior. Yes it's irritating, but this is nothing out of the ordinary for corporate America.

However in the end they did you a favor. It's your life but given your description of your finances you were going in WAY over your head on this one.

Don't quit until you have something else lined up. If you are going to push the issue know that you will likely be more or less black-listed and it will forever hurt you in this job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do what is smart for you financially, and morally. Start looking, then you choose the time and place for quitting once you have a job lined up. Act, don't react. It's often easier to get a job if you already have one.

I also wouldn't start messing up my work to spite them. Do what's right regardless of the greedy f*cktards that own the place.

I once quit a high paying job over morals. It was a tough decision, but I don't regret it. I also bided my time and quit a few months later when I could make the transition on my own terms. The best jobs I've ever had were always with people who placed character above profit.

Edit: I would also give them the opportunity to make it right. They should honor their own policy. </div></div>

That's good advice.

Also, and I hate to say it, if you're sitting that tight on $$, you might want to hold off on buying guns right now anyway and work on building up your savings and an emergency fund. Trust me, it's hard to be happy with a bunch of really cool guns and a ton of bills.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck his wife. </div></div>

That's funny.....I don't care who ya are!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck his wife. </div></div>

Or better yet fuck his son. He sounds like a fag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also, and I hate to say it, if you're sitting that tight on $$, you might want to hold off on buying guns right now anyway and work on building up your savings and an emergency fund. Trust me, it's hard to be happy with a bunch of really cool guns and a ton of bills..... </div></div>

That's the best advice that's been offered in this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuneBoer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck his wife. </div></div>

Or better yet fuck his son. He sounds like a fag. </div></div>

better yet use this on your boss.

dildo-fun16-1.gif

First: calm down and don't accept half-cocked advice
Second: do the best job you can at work
Third: concentrate on saving everything you can
Four: forget the lay-away...for now.
Five: think positive, that someday you can return the favor
Six: if possible, let us know the name of the store but do not use your forum name etc....maybe a friend can provide info in non-intimidating way in separate post.

funny...exact same thing happened at the large gun store I work part-time at...my discount still applies to many things, but they took it away for firearms, powder, primers, and loaded ammo, you know, the only shit I was using my discount for!