• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Do I shut up and wait or call the ATF

ponchair

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Tempe, AZ
I have enjoyed the wait of getting the Form 4's approved, kidding. Now it seems a buddy and myself will have to wait longer due to the SOT dealer being out of town. My buddy had his approved the 6th and will have to wait another 2 weeks before he can get his. Mine were approved the 20th, and I also have to wait two weeks for the dealer to return. Is there any law regarding holding property like this, or is it just bad business?

Re: Do I shut up and wait or call the ATF

The dealer hasn't been by his shop since the end of June. Not sure of his absence, be it vacation etc.

Just because the ATF has it approved in the system, does not mean that it has been mailed out to the SOT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just because the ATF has it approved in the system, does not mean that it has been mailed out to the SOT. </div></div>

+1

I am going to guess that once approved, form 4's are handled like FFL's. And if that is the case, for whatever reason, they are EXTREMELY SLOW to arrive after they mail out!

My C&R FFL for some reason took 12 days from the date it was post-marked to the time it arrived in my mail box!!

My problem isn't with the ATF, it's with the dealer. He hasn't been to his shop since the end of June, which kind of concerns me.

Going forward, I will choose a dealer that is well known and available.

Your post is mesmerizing me..focus, focus, oh yea, what was I talking about – waiting. I know it is a pain in the ass to wait as I am doing the exact same thing now but it does take about two weeks from approval to mail getting to your dealer. That being said, I can understand you being a tad insecure as to where the dealer has been in the last month. I would be insecure too. Does he have a store front – anyone else around that you can ask what has happened to him?

Yeah she does have that effect. I have only dealt with this dealer over the phone and through email. Its my understanding hes the only one in the shop.

Do yall not have a dealer in Midland or Odessa? I was thinking about doing the same thing but this what i am dreading. I am in San Angelo and will be looking for a dealer soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah she does have that effect. I have only dealt with this dealer over the phone and through email. Its my understanding hes the only one in the shop. </div></div>

=======================
EYE can not ready you post: those jiggly things are giving me and attack of Vertigo ...

He only has to turn over your items within 60 days of getting your forms in hand. I had a dealer tell me I couldnt pick my stuff up for 2 weeks because they were having "computer problems". Thats when I asked them how were they managing to take internet orders if their computers were down!? I told them I would be out with an ATF agent to clear up their issues, they told me to come get my items whenever I was free. That was the 2nd and LAST time I ever spent my money there.

If he is on vacation, cut him some slack.
If he is screwing around and not turning over your property, call him and let him know you would like what you own/paid for and you will be on your merry way. And find a new dealer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He only has to turn over your items within 60 days of getting your forms in hand. I had a dealer tell me I couldnt pick my stuff up for 2 weeks because they were having "computer problems". Thats when I asked them how were they managing to take internet orders if their computers were down!? I told them I would be out with an ATF agent to clear up their issues, they told me to come get my items whenever I was free. That was the 2nd and LAST time I ever spent my money there.

If he is on vacation, cut him some slack.
If he is screwing around and not turning over your property, call him and let him know you would like what you own/paid for and you will be on your merry way. And find a new dealer! </div></div>

Thanks, I will be finding another dealer. That's shady what your dealer did to you. I would warn people about this dealer (giving name), but I'm not one to do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: homegown308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do yall not have a dealer in Midland or Odessa? I was thinking about doing the same thing but this what i am dreading. I am in San Angelo and will be looking for a dealer soon. </div></div>

There is not a listed dealer here, nothing in Angelo either?

Abilene Indoor Gun Range in Abilene, Texas is a great little shop, and they do NFA stuff. Very easy to deal with, charge $20 to take delivery of firearms for you. Don't know what an NFA transfer costs. I believe they are a Gemtech dealer now, too, but they can handle NFA transfers. They even have some cool full-auto stuff you can rent and shoot in their range! They stay open until 6 or 7 most days, which is handy. They recommend the Chief Law Enforcement sign-off route on NFA stuff.
Talk to Josh if he's there: 325-698-4224

Patriot Gun Works in Abilene also does NFA stuff, and Gary is easy to deal with. He can help you set up a trust, if you want to do it that way. I've done a couple of cans through them. Kinda hard to catch at the shop sometimes, as he is LEO. 325-437-1032

I heard that there was a guy in San Angelo who did some NFA stuff, I think that his name was Morris Hopkins? Also dabbled in 50 caliber stuff?

Years ago I used a LEO in Lamesa for my first Short Barreled Shotgun, but I don't know if he's still there? He sold gear to Law Enforcement and civilians. His name was Arnold Freeman, and his number (at the time) was: 806-891-8911, or 806-872-8024, or 806-872-8359. One of those may be a fax, and they may all be unused now - just digging 'em out of my cell phone. He was easy to deal with, and had tons of COOL stuff to see since he routinely went around showing Departments the various stuff they could buy. No idea if he's still around there, or active in NFA.

Hope that helps somebody!

Thank you for the information about NFA in Angelo.
I have not done to much digging yet except getting my trust in order.

I have been trying to follow this post, but I cant look at anything but that chick. Like post kryptonite.....

She knows she fine,I think she is looking at me

call em. They have people calling them all friggin day long.

Always, Always, Always do a thorough check on the guy you're buying from.
Especially if he is from out of town.
BTW, what reason did he give your buddy for having to wait two weeks?
It could be legit.