• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do I want a suppressor on my 338 AXMC?

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
That is the question. I love this gun, I reload for it and shoot it a lot... That being said, one of the reasons I shoot it a lot is it is also very low recoil for what it is. Will adding a suppressor boost the recoil up by any significance? Also, what brand would you go with and why? I currently have gemtechs and one knights cans.

I think I will get the TBAC 338 SR whenever it's available at Silencershop, but would like to hear what others say.

Love suppressing my 20" 338LM
IMG-20181229-WA0011.jpg

I'll be the renegade and say no, much softer shooting with a brake.

My dealer gets my 338 SR Monday. I currently shoot my lapua with a fat bastard and besides the muzzle blast its not bad. And I shoot a pretty light 338 (Manners elite, proof barrel, etc.) Ill let you know my "seat of the pants" reaction next week when I can shoot it back to back. If there is anyway you can think I could measure recoil more accurately I'd be curious for a more quantifiable comparison.

Yes, you want a suppressor. TOMB-style brake/mount muzzle devices usually aren't as effective as dedicated muzzle brakes in terms of recoil reduction, but they're certainly not bad in that regard (you'll get probably 80% of the recoil reduction with a good brake/mount vs. the best brake on the market), plus you get the option to quiet things down quite a bit.