• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do police know if a driver has a permit to carry?

Being mildly claustrophobic, I've often had that terrible feeling while in one of those tunnels..."What if this fucker collapsed?" No way out. Blowing a tunnel would certainly cause a mess. I avoid them when possible.
In a way, I'm happy to be "retired" now from Corporate Life. The last 12 years of that life was spent on Wall St. So I would have to go through either the "Holland Tunnel" often (from my final NJ Office location to the offices in TriBeCa, where I used to work directly), or the NJ Transit Train Tunnels when I used to make the commute directly to/from NY Penn Station. This was before I started taking the Hoboken Train and the the NY Waterway Ferry across. All on the surface and above ground. After the big blackout of 2003, they bought a huge facility in NJ and transferred a bunch of us Techies to it (we really didn't have to be located with the users that much). And it preserved, at least in part, some of the staff from being "at risk" to another 9/11 attack. When we did need to go to TriBeCa to meet with a user, we had a free transport bus that would shuttle us between the NJ office and TriBeCa, via the Holland Tunnel (the NY entry/exit of which was within walking distance of our buildings). Now that I think about it, I am kinda relieved I don't have to to do that anymore. Probably wouldn't stop me from driving through another tunnel if I needed to, but I'd do whatever I could to avoid any such tunnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
Here in Wyoming cops don’t seem to care. Everyone carries here. We have constitutional carry so someone with a permit is yawned at.

The wardens don’t seem to like hidden guns much. I have heard them whine about it. Because they have a biology degree requirement, they are importing the left indoctrinated. Folks that think 2A means you can own a hunting rifle, if you are a good boy…..🙄

Yes.
Wyoming puts a secret signal on the plate to let folks know there is a gun in the car.

If you see a Bucking Horse and Rider on the plate, we are packing.
20240114_131558.jpg

I spent a few years living in Wyoming- it's one of my favorite places in the world- but it's just not windy enough.

Reactions: John_in_WYO
KY now does not require a permit to carry and conceal . I never got my permit , for this reason , I have enough people knowing I “ may “ own a firearm , because I have a permit to carry one .

For PA I believe it does. There's also no 'duty to inform', though realistically it'll come up if they run your info anyways.