• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes DO the new SS 5-20 have a sunshade?

Re: DO the new SS 5-20 have a sunshade?

SWFA is not recommending any particular sunshade. They did comment to me that the Weaver and NF have been used successfully. I tried the Weaver and Millett and found both to fit the threads. However, the Millett was 1mm smaller in outside diameter so left a slight step. The Weaver fits correctly so I'll use one if nothing else is available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and if not here do we get them? Mine should be here in the next month or two and I don't believe they come with shades (or do they?)

Anyone know what fits? </div></div>

It is something that is being put into the works. It's unclear when it will be available. But a sun shade has been a topic with significant discussion. The SS does not come with a sun shade. But like stated prior the Weaver SS does mate and is flush with the outside diameter of the bell.

The Weaver also has a finish that really seems like a perfect match. If there's a difference, it's really really hard to tell... the fit is perfect as well.

Welcome aboard WickedTexas1... what other sort of good news do you have for the SS Line?? Inquiring minds want to know... LOL!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard TexasWicked1... what other sort of good news do you have for the SS Line?? Inquiring minds want to know... LOL!!

DK </div></div>

I've been lurking for sometime. The SS 5-20 thread typically. But decided to pull the trigger( no pun intended )and begin to contribute.

You guys know a significant amount.

I sure would like to have the 20XSS fixed with a new Mil-Quad reticle to match!! Just sayin...

DK

Don't you have a whole family of SS now? lol.
Right now we are diligently working (waiting) on more 5-20's to come in.

I am on my 6th now. What can I say... I am loyal fan!!

DK