• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do they still make Wink soda?

MilChad

Here for the ball busting.
Minuteman
May 18, 2021
NC
My FIL introduced me to the “Wink and Blink” highball about 20 years ago. It’s Wink soda and your choice of bourbon. He prefers Beam. The problem is, we can’t find Wink anymore. Only Squirt which isn’t the same. Anybody know if they still make it?

duckduckgo is your friend. Still made by canada dry which is a subsidiary of Dr Pepper(?). Only sold in a few states for some reason. Took about 1 second to search this. It can be ordered.

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr
My FIL introduced me to the “Wink and Blink” highball about 20 years ago. It’s Wink soda and your choice of bourbon. He prefers Beam. The problem is, we can’t find Wink anymore. Only Squirt which isn’t the same. Anybody know if they still make it?
I seem to remember a drink in a green bottle that had a very effervescent taste to it. Wonder if this was it? Would have been late 70's / early 80's. Wasn't 7up, Mellow Yellow or The Dew either. Nor was it Squirt.

I seem to remember a drink in a green bottle that had a very effervescent taste to it. Wonder if this was it? Would have been late 70's / early 80's. Wasn't 7up, Mellow Yellow or The Dew either. Nor was it Squirt.
There are many regional citrus or grapefruit sodas. Fresca is one from that era, depending where you were it may have been only available in the diet version with saccharine.

ETA:
Rondo was another from that era, the carbonation was different on that one, very fine bubbles.

You must be referring to the essence of wood rosin. They literally had that listed as one of their ingredients. The last couple years they stopped including it and now we can’t find it. I’m thinking that was ultimately their demise. Publix was the last know retailer.
1385970B-D004-4C54-9187-2052756DBBAC.png

duckduckgo is your friend. Still made by canada dry which is a subsidiary of Dr Pepper(?). Only sold in a few states for some reason. Took about 1 second to search this. It can be ordered.
We’ve searched the Internet high and low, believe me. If u find a place that has it in stock and can be purchased online, I’d be grateful for the link.

There are many regional citrus or grapefruit sodas. Fresca is one from that era, depending where you were it may have been only available in the diet version with saccharine.

ETA:
Rondo was another from that era, the carbonation was different on that one, very fine bubbles.
Mid 90's, North of us here they used to sell a 'citrus' drink that was bottled and labeled as "Kickapoo Joy Juice". Their version of Fresca. With more lemon.

Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: MilChad
Maybe it was wink. I wasn't of age to drink; but I know it was good to make kids "adult drinks" too. I hadn't thought of it till this got me curious about "WINK" soda.

SunDrop is popular one in the country around here

SunDrop is popular one in the country around here
I’ve tried Boutbon and Sun Drop. It wasn’t as good as I had hoped. Best I can figure, Wink has been replaced by Squirt. After some searching, I found this:
B9DE4042-F26D-49AC-8CDE-266634858518.jpeg

2A81F23B-C18C-4009-8B73-28C7AC0CAA83.jpeg

9E03C7F5-0748-48B9-8F79-E8F62713156D.jpeg

I really like Wink and Squirt. I don't drink it much anymore because I haven't seen Wink in forever and Squirt tickles an ulcer or something in my stomach. But they also contain brominated vegetable oil, or at least they used to, which should be avoided. As well as the sodium benzoate.

Reactions: MilChad