• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you dehydrate your powder?

So, the tuner basically does what we would normally do with jump? I.E OAL testing.

yes...I’m pretty new to the tuner but I’m pretty impressed at this point the thing is will it hold....I’ve talked to a few ppl that say no you have to mess with it every time out.
but 2 guys I shoot with say they dialed theirs in and haven’t touched them since...one guy says he hasn’t touched his in almost 2000 rounds.

Started reading this thread a few days ago.... and ended up having to leave 50 primed and powdered cases sit out (covered) for 2 days until I could get back to them. This was a first for me.
*Accidentally used a slightly oversized mandrel to expand the necks 😔

78.0gr H1000 (fresh and new), weighed to .02gr - which means cutting kernels as a whole kernel weighs ~ .032ish.
A&D HR200 weighs to .002gr

After resizing necks, reweighed the powder only to find it .1gr low. That seems like a lot (3 kernels = .1gr) to evaporate / off-gas?

Just sharing my observation.

I wonder 💭 what effect these humidity conditions and moisture contents have on primers????🧐🤓

I ordered H4350 a few months back. Received order, and loaded up a ladder to test. All powder dispensed from a chargemaster 1500. I spend maybe an hour doing that and cleaned everything up, including dumping the hopper. I found the node, loaded up 20 or 30 to confirm. I did that, and had my load set. Same routine of dumping the chargemaster everytime. Maybe a month goes by and I load up 300 rounds. This is the same powder lot, half of which is from the same jug, same primer, bullet, and brass lot (new brass even). The freshly loaded ammo is 50 fps faster. Apparently sealed jugs acclimate as well. And I have a whole house humidifier that keeps my house between 37-42%.

Reactions: smoooth1
If you have a drying procedure for powder please share what you're doing? I'm curious how it works.
Bringing this one back from the dead. I live in the PNW where annual rain is measured in feet, and the RH is typically 85%+. My reloading room is in the garage where the room temps are subject to the season, so I do dehydrate to keep the powder consistent.
I use a 9-tray Excalibur food dehydrator that sits on the bench. I keep a couple glass 2-cup Pyrex measuring cups inside that I dry the powder in. I dry it for 90 minutes - that gives me time to get brass prepped and primed prior to throwing powder. In my data, it's has made the biggest difference in controlling consistency across all loads, I use less powder getting to optimum accuracy nodes, and experience lower pressure with higher velocities.

Reactions: gigamortis
Bringing this one back from the dead. I live in the PNW where annual rain is measured in feet, and the RH is typically 85%+. My reloading room is in the garage where the room temps are subject to the season, so I do dehydrate to keep the powder consistent.
I use a 9-tray Excalibur food dehydrator that sits on the bench. I keep a couple glass 2-cup Pyrex measuring cups inside that I dry the powder in. I dry it for 90 minutes - that gives me time to get brass prepped and primed prior to throwing powder. In my data, it's has made the biggest difference in controlling consistency across all loads, I use less powder getting to optimum accuracy nodes, and experience lower pressure with higher velocities.

Better to live where you have consistently high humidity. I'm in northern CA and in the summer it can drop to less than 30% for decent periods of time, then in the winter it goes up to almost (but not quite) what you get up north. I ended up buying a dehumidifier used for camera equipment. I keep it set to 50%. During the summer, I have to keep an open dish of water in it to keep the humidity up. During the winter the dehumidifier keeps it down.

Prior to using, I crack a container open and put it inside.