• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you go to a chiropractor?

Ive been to a number of them with mixed results. Finally found a really good one who gave me a bunch of exercises to strengthen my neck as well as adjust it. That helped a lot on a neck injury I had around 6 years old which left me in level 6-7 pain for the next 65 years. But the wrong one can do a lot of damage.

Reactions: hermosabeach
Woke up one morning a few years ago.

My back hurt so God damned bad I was willing to try anything.

Ended up at a Chiropractor. Went a few times, and the back started feeling better.

Not sure if it actually helped or it started feeling better on its own.

All I know is that when he cracked my neck I thought he was trying to separate my skull from my spine.

That scared me enough to stay away and I have zero intentions on going back.

My wife goes to Airrosti, which as I can tell, is a form of chiropractic med. Or maybe they're both forms of musculoskeletal care. She swears by it but I'm less sure. I train Brazilian jiu jitsu, that's all the chiropractic medicine I need.

Most are of no use to me. They try to get you feeling better and then want you to stop what you are doing (wrestling, hunting, hiking, riding, etc). Geriatric practices.

The one I go to now also services the smoke jumpers where I live. He uses stretching, exercise, typical massage and dry needling. I never would have believed it. I got tennis elbow cleaning fish and only went in when I couldn't hold a cup of coffee. Two weeks at 2x week and I was fixed.

I go to a chiropractor a good bit. Good results for as long as I can remember. The dry needling works very well also when the muscles get so tensed up they just won't relax anymore.

I used to let my sons walk on my back. I know I'm still young and all compared to you old fogies, but I been breaking my back since I was 12.

I went to one years ago. It was a female and rather hot one at that. She liked to wear yoga pants and tight tank top shirts with her 2 inch long nipples sticking out. Anyway I had a bad case of scoliosis since I had been a kid. I would go twice a week and after about a month, it started getting personal. Actually to the point where my appointments were after closing time!

My back was gradually improving with her methods so I decided I would up my appointments to 3 x a week. She loved oils, hot oils! She actually started opening the door after closing topless and already oiled up. She was a damn ten, and my back actually took a turn for the worse. when I found out she was married I ended the therapy! Back is still fucked up and y’all bastids need to stop fappng! It was a good story though! ??

Here is a blurb from Wikipedia...

----------
Chiropractic is a
pseudoscientific[1]complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)[2] that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system,
----------

I really have no use for any "alternative" therapies or anything that market themselves as such. There is a reason why established schools and fields of medicine exist, because they produce the desired results very quickly and efficiently. Antibiotics kill bacteria, antihistamines reduce inflammation, pain medications do the obvious, nuclear medicine use state of the art radiation and imaging equipment to pinpoint tumors and other abnormalities, surgery removes various things... And in the near future, we will be exploring the use of nanotechnology to repair various organs and perform other vital functions such as unclogging arteries blocked by plaque etc., and the use of viral vectors to deliver drugs and even genetic corrections to cells that need them. Advanced mammalian hibernation, if perfected, will not only allow sufferers of various diseases to enter a state of "dormancy" while nanotech or other machines perform necessary operations, but also open a new possibility for interstellar travel and exoplanet exploration/colonization. And right now as I am typing this, a massive IBM supercomputer known as SUMMIT is perusing the entire outer protein sequence of the SARS-coV-2 virus and has identified over 77 chemical compounds that can be used to neutralize or dissolve the virus's protein shell but is safe for to be injected into humans... These are the things that are shaping therapeutics at the moment. Anything that is "alternative" usually are founded on non-scientifically proven principles and some even go as far as to promote "herbal" or "sacred energy" or similar utter, absolute dicksuckery.
smiley_freak.gif

Never worked for me.
However the VA dun sent me to a acupuncture place, and I don’t know what voodoo witch doctor shit they do, but it works.

I went to one years ago. It was a female and rather hot one at that. She liked to wear yoga pants and tight tank top shirts with her 2 inch long nipples sticking out. Anyway I had a bad case of scoliosis since I had been a kid. I would go twice a week and after about a month, it started getting personal. Actually to the point where my appointments were after closing time!

My back was gradually improving with her methods so I decided I would up my appointments to 3 x a week. She loved oils, hot oils! She actually started opening the door after closing topless and already oiled up. She was a damn ten, and my back actually took a turn for the worse. when I found out she was married I ended the therapy! Back is still fucked up and y’all bastids need to stop fappng! It was a good story though! ??

Now THAT is a form of therapy that I approve of...

I prefer instant results, and the touchy feely kind of "therapeutics" deliver exactly what I need if I ever need it...

Reactions: Snipe260
I’ve been to a few different ones and have has great luck so far. My current one is great and always gets me sorted out.

Mine have been hit or miss. The one I’d love to see again is planning to move here and open a practice in a few years. The fact that she’s a screamer in bed has nothing to do with me wanting to see her again... but it helps.

A chiropractor did improve my situation. Back when I was 36 and "invincible" I started developing a rather severe burning/tingling feeling in my outer left thigh triggered by standing in one place for a longish time. An MRI showed a bulged disc between L5 and S1 impinging on the nerve root serving my left leg. 2 surgeons recommended a fusion and disc removal. As a non-knife alternative, I took my MRI to my Dad's chiropractor. My first "adjustment" by him had my lumbar region feeling as if a bunch of scar tissue had torn loose. He stated that that was my own body's tissue adhesions on my vertebrae that was keeping compressive forces locked in on my lumbar region. Over the course of 2 visits a week for 14 weeks, he got my body's self induced tension in my lumbar section broke free so that my bulged disc could have a chance to recede. Here it is 16 years later and I still haven't needed to go under a knife for it. I still get a small tingle in the leg with extended standing or a hard day at work, but I'm 95% better than it was when I first considered getting some sort of treatment. Chiropractic is definitely worth a look if your only other alternative is going under the knife.

Yes, a few times a year my back feels like a joint is out of alignment and like it needs to pop. To the point Its painful to move.

One good chiropractor session and it only gets better.

Depends on the situation, to a chiropractor everything looks like an alignment is sure, just like to a surgeon everything looks like an operation.

I had a fall once that popped out three ribs. Could feel weird bumps where the base were pushed out next to the spine on my back. Couple months later and I was in a car accident, insurance sent me to the chiropractor. He popped the ribs back in, first session and it was a world of a difference. Immediate.

Then he did a “soft tissue” adjustment to “pop” my ear. Well he popped that good, and ruptured my ear drum. Ended up going to a MD at a clinic for antibiotics in that ear after that. I haven’t been back to the chiropractor since.

Different tools for different fixes, but no more soft tissue shit for me!

Reactions: tymurrey
I have pinched nerves in upper and lower back. I would be is so much pain I could hardly drive to the chiropractor. They always got me back to work.

I would rather much rather try a masseuse one day that feel someone cracking my neck now a little Chinese girl walking on your back does sound rather enjoyable but could see many things that could go honorably wrong .

When the Lord made Man, all the parts of the body argued over who would be the Boss. The Brain explained that since he controlled all the parts of the body, he should be Boss. The Legs argued that since they took the Man wherever he wanted to go, he should be the Boss.

The Stomach countered with the explanation that since he digested all the food, he should be the boss. The Eyes said that without them, Man would be helpless, so they should be Boss. Then the Ass hole applied for the Job. The other parts of the body laughed so hard that the ass hole became mad and closed up.

After a few days the Brain went foggy, the Legs got wobbly, the Stomach got ill, the Eyes got crossed and were unable to see. They all finally conceded and made the Ass hole Boss.

Moral of the story? You don't have to be a Brain to be Boss…just an Asshole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I see one occasionally. It does make my neck feel better which is my issue. It is short term for me without PT/massage. Once I found a good massage therapist I basically quit going to the chiropractor. My job (dentist) is hell on the neck and massage therapy 2x a month with self stretching and PT worked far better for me.

Reactions: knuckleballz
While washing cars, I lifted two homer buckets full of water. I felt a small muscle pull in my lower lumbar. It hurt for a few days, then four days later, I had severe nerve pain running down my inner thigh. It was so bad, I could not stand without excruciating pain. I couldn't lay flat, I couldn't sit down. My MD gave me pills and said it that doesn't work, we'll need to explore surgery. I would have sold my soul to make that pain stop. So, as a last resort, I went to the crack-a-backer. He did the whole work up, and then told me his twenty three visit plan to fix my back. Incidentally, my insurance plan covered (in full) 23 visits. I saw him three times, and saw no major difference. The issue, my scrim was rotated slightly. So, I came up with my own exercises to relieve the pressure. It took two weeks before the major pain let off.

My Chiropractor's order of operations:

Consult
X-Rays
Discuss How best to exploit my insurance for the maximum number of visits.
Discuss Bone/Calcium powder, and how it would help my diet.
Discuss his weight loss program, while simultaneously commenting that I was at the last, innermost, hole on my belt. (I need to drop some weight, but I know how to do that.)
Discuss my pain/treatment
Discuss excursuses I can do.
Discuss his weight loss program
Discuss his Bone powers
Discuss his vitamin offerings

His treatment consisted of two minutes talking, one minute of adjustments, five minutes on roller, two minutes of massage.

So, what is my opinion? They are just like any scam artist.

The reason things get out of alignment most of the time is because of muscle weakness, a Chiropractor can fix it, but if you don't fix the weakness you will be going for life.

See a Physical Therapist instead, relief won't be instant but with some time it can be permanent

I used chiropractic care regularly for almost 20 years for low back pain. It helped in the beginning but eventually the pain came back worse than ever. Finally I ended up crawling on the floor and screaming for 3 days and was referred to a neurologist. The MRI showed a disk that had ruptured and crushed my sciatic nerve flat. I was given oral steroids and told to rest to see if surgery would be needed but *no chiropractic manipulation*. Luckily I avoided surgery and slowly healed. I have never had back pain again though later x rays show very little or no disk left.

I have not needed any chiropractic care since I stopped going to chiropractors. I have always told myself I'd go if I had a problem but have never had a problem in over 23 years.

My Wife developed severe pain in her low back and we have spent thousands on chiropractic treatments for minor scoliosis. It got so bad we got referred to an osteopath who found that her right hip is literally falling apart and the pain is because on a scale of 1 - 10 on needed a hip replacement she is an 11. Her whole problem is a degenerating hip - the scoliosis has been there all her life and most people with her degree of scoliosis never suffer any problems of it and don't even know they have it. Her pain and dysfunction has never been a chiropractic issue. But boy they sure made a lot of money misdiagnosing it. Currently her hip surgery/replacement is on hold until after COVID-19 stops taking up all the resources.

Not a big fan of chiropractors but believe the theories as Palmer College, the birthplace of chiropractic, is one of my service clients and I know a lot of chiropractors I respect.

VooDoo

Like any other profession, it has it's quacks. Managed to find one though my dance buddies that specialized in sports injuries. He got me from being hunched over and crying with back pain to normal activities. I hate that he retired. I have not been to another one and probably won't. I have a couple of customers that are chiropractors that I would not even think of going to.

Ive been to a number of them with mixed results. Finally found a really good one who gave me a bunch of exercises to strengthen my neck as well as adjust it. That helped a lot on a neck injury I had around 6 years old which left me in level 6-7 pain for the next 65 years. But the wrong one can do a lot of damage.

Just like MDs as a matter of fact.

FTR, I do visit chiropractors for both acute pain resolution and for general health maintenance.

Reactions: Maggot

----------
Chiropractic is a
pseudoscientific[1]complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)[2] that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system,
----------

I really have no use for any "alternative" therapies or anything that market themselves as such. There is a reason why established schools and fields of medicine exist, because they produce the desired results very quickly and efficiently. Antibiotics kill bacteria, antihistamines reduce inflammation, pain medications do the obvious, nuclear medicine use state of the art radiation and imaging equipment to pinpoint tumors and other abnormalities, surgery removes various things... And in the near future, we will be exploring the use of nanotechnology to repair various organs and perform other vital functions such as unclogging arteries blocked by plaque etc., and the use of viral vectors to deliver drugs and even genetic corrections to cells that need them. Advanced mammalian hibernation, if perfected, will not only allow sufferers of various diseases to enter a state of "dormancy" while nanotech or other machines perform necessary operations, but also open a new possibility for interstellar travel and exoplanet exploration/colonization. And right now as I am typing this, a massive IBM supercomputer known as SUMMIT is perusing the entire outer protein sequence of the SARS-coV-2 virus and has identified over 77 chemical compounds that can be used to neutralize or dissolve the virus's protein shell but is safe for to be injected into humans... These are the things that are shaping therapeutics at the moment. Anything that is "alternative" usually are founded on non-scientifically proven principles and some even go as far as to promote "herbal" or "sacred energy" or similar utter, absolute dicksuckery.
smiley_freak.gif

Well, it's on the internet so it must be true

I tell you what, I don't need no dipshit's opinion from Wikipedia. Chiropractic care was the only treatement that got me walking back again and put me on the road to pain free recovery from a severe lower back impact injury. Something medical doctors couldn't wouldn't do shit about other than to give me painkillers.

Forgive me if I don't pay attention to your dismissal of a valid treatment option. My personal experience overrules whatever the fuck you read on the internet

Well, it's on the internet so it must be true

I tell you what, I don't need no dipshit's opinion from Wikipedia. Chiropractic care was the only treatement that got me walking back again and put me on the road to pain free recovery from a severe lower back impact injury. Something medical doctors couldn't wouldn't do shit about other than to give me painkillers.

Forgive me if I don't pay attention to your dismissal of a valid treatment option. My personal experience overrules whatever the fuck you read on the internet

I am glad that you recovered from your injuries... My apologies if my post came off as a bit snarky, it is actually targeted at those who use complete pseudoscience and try to pass it off as legitimate. The line between physical therapists and chiropractors is often blurred and many 'chiropractors' are actually trained and legitimate physical therapists.

Reactions: FishinGuns
I go to a Chiropractor. I hurt my back in February of 2015 at the ripe old age of 35.

I wish I had a super cool story, but I was putting a rifle in the trunk of my work car. Back went out and I face-planted into my trunk. It hurt so bad I almost passed out from hyperventilation. I was finally able to push myself from the trunk and sit on the bumper of the car. If anyone had walked or driven by my house they would have likely thought I was having a heart attack. I'd get hit with a spasm and I would almost pass out just sitting there. Finally it subsided enough for me to walk back in the house, but I couldn't lift one of my legs more than about 1/2" off the ground without another spasm. Took me maybe 10 minutes to walk 40'.

I go inside and tell my wife something is majorly wrong. I've pulled muscles and I've had sore muscles, but this was different. I've told people before that when the spasm came it felt like my whole lower body short-circuited and I would have to be near something or I would hit the floor. I truly felt that if it were any worse, I would likely have crapped my pants.....simply because I didn't feel like I had much control when it hit.

That was on a Friday.

On Monday I went to the Chiropractor that my parents use. He took some x-rays and it was immediately obvious what was wrong. My back was straight and then at my lower back it started curving to the side like an S (for lack of a better description). I still had decent disks although the bottom two were thinner than the upper ones. The Chiropractor told me that he felt like I had been out of adjustment for so long that it kept getting worse and worse and when I bent over to put the rifle in the trunk of my car, my back muscles on one side said "F this" and gave way. A disk likely slipped and then the resulting inflammation took over. I was hurting so bad that if he had told me he could make he pain go away for $10k, I would have asked him if he wanted cash or check. There is nothing I've ever experienced quite like that kind of pain.

The reason I like my Chiropractor is that he is not a "back cracker". In fact, he has only cracked my back once in 5 years and that is because I had a catch in it....and it was only one little crack. He will adjust you (namely the atlas bone at the base of your skull) but also uses heat/cold, laser therapy, massage, traction, etc. I've asked him about the back/neck cracking and he said that while it can certainly give immediate relief if you are in pain, it doesn't address the underlying issue which is that your muscles are not balanced on both sides of the spine/neck and that you want your muscles to work for you, not against you. Any quick adjustment (e.g. cracking) will quickly be pulled back into the bad alignment by the unbalanced muscles. The muscles are tight one side and "relaxed" (for lack of a better term) on the other side. The muscles not being balanced actually pulls the spine out of alignment. He tries to get muscles on both sides to "pull evenly" on the spine to help assist a straight spine. His theory of chiropractic care does take a while, but he said that he feels provides a better and longer lasting solution to the cracking. He said that he will only crack a back/neck as a last resort or if someone is in excruciating pain and needs relief, but then he still always focuses on the muscles. He will also refer people (like a coworker of mine) to surgeons when he knows that the disk has been so badly damaged that no amount of adjustments or back cracking will solve the issue.

Long story short: It took until October or November until I started to feel better. I've never been the same since, but I'd say I'm probably 90%+ back to normal. Before I never gave any thought to my back. Now I have to always consider things. I stretch a lot and I go see my chiropractor every 6 weeks for a check-up. With my insurance, it only costs me $38 out of pocket for a routine visit. Well worth it in my opinion. I am probably out of adjustment only 2-3 times a year and it is usually nothing major. Typically I can tell when I am out of adjustment.

I have a very favorable opinion of chiropractic treatment. Since I've been going to my chiropractor, I've only had 2 "episodes" with my back and both were over within a day or two and neither time was anywhere near that one time in 2015. Most of the time I can pop 2 Aleve, do some stretches and I'm back in action. Often, when I am stretching my back will pop where it hurts and I'm okay. Inflammation is a booger and it definitely is something I endeavor to regulate by eating right. Thank God I have never had another experience like that one time,

I watch the crazy videos on youtube and roll my eyes a little because it comes across a little new age/mystic weirdish. My chirpractor is absolutely nothing like that. I've asked him about the videos on youtube and he says he has watched many of them. He says that in his opinion, cracking your back/neck like that can't possibly be good over a long term period of time, but if done correctly, not frequently, and for immediate relief....it can work, but he still feels that getting the muscles involved is the best long term course of action.

Sorry for the long post.

Ive only been to one, but he worked wonders on me. I need to go back, but this virus bullshit has me waiting.

I have to go to one about once a month it seems to keep my hip/pelvis lined up right. If not I get low back pain and some sciatic pain. Tried not sitting on my wallet and got a better bed but that only helped a little bit. I don’t know if it’s from how I sleep or from getting in and out of the work pickup a bunch throughout the day. The chiropractor I was seeing for a couple years was charged with Murdering 4 people last year. My new guy is good and only adjusts my hip, no other crap unless it hurts.

i think its a gate way drug...

ive never seen some one try it once

it seems once someone starts "they have to go"

I am glad that you recovered from your injuries... My apologies if my post came off as a bit snarky, it is actually targeted at those who use complete pseudoscience and try to pass it off as legitimate. The line between physical therapists and chiropractors is often blurred and many 'chiropractors' are actually trained and legitimate physical therapists.

Physical therapy and chiropractic care are two completely different things. If you don't know the difference, you shouldn't be commenting.

• Wow
Reactions: hermosabeach
My wife goes to Airrosti, which as I can tell, is a form of chiropractic med. Or maybe they're both forms of musculoskeletal care. She swears by it but I'm less sure. I train Brazilian jiu jitsu, that's all the chiropractic medicine I need.
Yeah did BJJ and cracked shit I didn't know you could crack . One early competition a guy put a grapevine on me then while using the bend of his elbow under my neck he stretched out with his chest on my chin . The more he stretched the more neck real estate he took up . After everything stopped popin and crackin I laid their in searing , burning pain . Actually had on vid me reaching out and pausing with my hand above the mat . Really didnt wanf to tap . Learne the defense and escape was lay flat , hip out slash shrimp to dee side and hook him one leg to leg so he could not transition neck hold to rear nekid choke . No back . Needless to say when I was rollin submission grappling I used the crap outta that for the next few months . FNGs .

i suffer from chronic lower back pain....i though about going to a Chiro until i learned they werent actually doctors....

instead ive been getting monthly lvl 4 sports massages and thats virtually eliminated any significant pain in my back.

My wife has been a physical therapist for 25 years. Past getting her degree at the start of her career, she has earned anywhere from 9 to 12 additional credits every year she has been on the job (the job pays for it, so why not). She has more training and knowledge than most, her recommendation is to avoid chiropractors.

If you have an issue find a good physical therapist (my wife 100% admits that may be a challenge as well, many in her field suck at what they do)

Reactions: Flyinghunter
Well I just started going to a chiro. I can't say the "science" is bunk when you think about the body in mechanical form. I've had some serious pain the last few months. So I'm going to see where this goes. He's not into the whole crack your neck, crack your back efforts.

Yes, I wish I was till going to acupuncture at this point...LOL...but she will not work with the VA system anymore.

Yes. Two visits stopped lower back pain I was experiencing... completely stopped. I never went back and had some other issues addressed because the guy retired and I was too lazy to find another one and when I started working out again my issues more or less resolved themselves).

Work in healthcare, specifically health outcomes. When I was direct patient care focused, I worked side by side with Chiros in my niche field (they weren't working in the capacity of a Chiro during this time).

The over resounding theme I received from them was:

1.) Chiropractic care may provide incremental pain relief in a very a very narrow area of diagnoses: specifically in the degenerative disc disease, idiopathic spinal deformity clusters;
2.) There is mixed data to suggest going to a chiro, as supplement to other care and/or in a proactive manner, provides incremental pain relief;
3.) The majority of the chiros were adamant going to a massage therapist BEFORE a chiro would lend itself to better outcomes in the chiro's office;
4.) If a chiro tries to tell you that adjustments do anything other than incremental improvements in pain (i.e., cures cancer, aligns your spine to receive more of god's love, etc.,) RUN. Run far and fast.

----------
Chiropractic is a
----------

smiley_freak.gif

This ^^^^

Regardless of your take on the issue, please keep in mind that if there's ever a medical emergency and a chiropractic is on the scene you should DEFINITELY STILL CALL 911.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country