• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Do you have both Mil/Mil & MOA/MOA scopes

jroberts1968

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Denton TX
How many of you have both and use both. I shoot Mil and all of my Reticles are NF MIL-R F1. I Have 1 horus H58 in a NXS 3.5-15 F1. Occasionally I shoot my buddies rifle and he uses the MOAR reticle from NF. I actually can adapt either way. I was thinking of picking a MOA up and shooting it. How many of you guys have both systems?

Of course. I have even more rifles with scopes that are not in either, or variable power. I have an extensive collection of lever actions with only iron sights too. I don't like FFP for a hunting scope East of the Kansas line either.

I'm the curator of a family collection with four generations of firearms fanatics. I have way more firearms from the 20th century than from the 21st.

I still use both but rarely shoot the rifle with the MOA scope anymore.

I don’t have any issues switching.

I try to keep all the same, and currently I am...all MOA/MOA. But I'm a simple-minded hunter. I have lately made a couple purchases based on MOA vs MIL just to keep all the same and wished I was all MIL/MIL because these days the MIL options tend to be cheaper with a bigger secondary market.

Started with MOA/MOA scopes and shoot my brothers and nephews guns. Brother is an MOA/MOA guy and nephew is USMC SS and runs MIL/MIL. If I had it to do over again I'd probably start with MIL/MIL but sitting right beside a kid who has been seriously trained to shoot I hold my own with MOA/MOA.

I shoot his rifle better than he does consistently. It's an issue.

Anyway, If I was an MIL/MIL guy I doubt I would experiment with MOA unless I wanted to make teeny, tiny groups at range from a bench or whatever. My present scope is a Athlon 10-40X56 MOA/MOA and I can see the need for splitting hairs when punching paper.

VooDoo

MOA/MOA only for me, if I were starting all over again I would probably go with mil/mil simply because their are more choices of scopes and reticles. It’s not a big deal as long as Vortex continues to make MOA/MOA scopes, it appears they are the biggest supporter of MOA/MOA. I wished NF came out with some tree like MOA reticles, I’d really like to add some variety to the stable.

Last edited:
Sold the two MOA scopes I had. MIL works better for my brain when spinning up elevation

Both, sort of.........

All my "precision" scopes are mil-mil. All my non-precision stuff (lower power with BDC reticles) are MOA with capped turrets.

Coming from an iron-sight NRA highpower rifle background, I can do MOA-MOA or mil-mil as easily as I can switch from speaking/reading english to spanish.

I shoot MOA. Mostly because everyone I shoot with uses MOA as well. I’ve had mil. Only downside was that my adjustments and reticle etc did not match up with theirs. Making it hard to spot and call corrections for each other etc. Back to MOA again. Either worked just as well as the other for me

I have two MOA scopes in 1/8 click, they are target scopes...Everything else I own is MIL in .1 mil or .05 mil for even finer adjusting... I like MILs way more than MOA.

I have MOA/MOA and MIL/MIL. I also have duplex and some fixed power fine crosshairs. It’s not really too hard to work with whatever as long as it’s not MIL with MOA turrets. Been down that road, never going to do that again.

I have both and a MOA/MIL scope and a mix of FFP and SFP.
Providing your ballistic calculator is set up for each and you understand the pros, cons and limitations of each set up there is really no issues.

Reactions: Sig Marine
Run and have both, ..... like to pick based on which reticle design I like, rather than if it's mil or moa. Currently headed to more mil cuz liking the new reticle choices.

I have both MOA/MOA and just bought my first MIL/MIL. My neighbor bought a used MOA/MIL and didn’t know it, he thought it was MOA/MOA..lol Took him a few to figure it out.

The long range/toy rifles that I don’t hump around all day are mil/mil the lightweight hunting rig wears a VX3 CDS windplex MOA reticle as it was there before I got wrapped up in this madness.

both
mainly because they are 10-20 years old and i refuse to sell for what i can get on the open market, they still work perfectly

Have mil/mil mostly, one moa/moa and one mil/moa holdout (nostalgia). It's just angles but the older I get the more easily I get confused so I mostly shoot the mil/mil

Years ago I started out with MOA and now run both,I find the MIL much easier to work with.