• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you have specific firearms insurance?

Slash0311

Snafubar
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Southwest Indiana
    I've done some checking. My current insurance company will only cover firearms (theft or fire/flood) up to $5000 with normal homeowners insurance coverage. In order to get a higher amount of coverage, I have to buy a separate policy. The quoted amount was $500/year for up to $25,000 in coverage.

I've looked online and see that the NRA offers this type of coverage (or one of the advertisers). The price isn't horrible and lower than my insurance company quoted.

Who has insurance specific to their firearms? Does anyone have any companies the want to recommend? Anyone have any experience with the NRA insurance? I figured this was one of the best sources to start with.

Collectibles Insurance. Reasonably priced and knowledgeable about firearms. I believe individual firearms under ten thousand dollars need not be scheduled (needn't give serial number ). I've never needed to make a claim, so I cannot speak to that.

Firearms are never part of a normal homeowners policy. They need to be separately scheduled on a firearms rider and some companies have onerous terms and costs because they don't want to provide coverage. It increases your liability.

These guys are very popular amongst the members here. Very reasonable prices and not a lot of paperwork.

Have a seprate policy with my home owners company. PM me for specifics if needed

Eastern. Very affordable, covers guns, scopes, even mags they said. Lost, stolen, fire, anything they said. Only case I ever heard of filing a claim got turned down for some BS reason. Made me think twice about them but I guess the ease of dealing with them won out. Just hope I never have a claim they turn down, that would be bad.

I needed firearms insurance and using info on this thread and other forums narrowed it down to 3: NRA Plus insurance, Eastern Insurance, and Collectibles Insurance, State Farm is way to expensive IMO. I noticed several hits across different forums discussing Collectibles and almost every time one of their reps jumped on to answer questions and give contact info, a plus for me. I like seeing vendors being active in forums. I went with Collectibles Insurance in the end. NRA was double the price and Eastern sent letters for flood damage exemption and wind damage deductible of 5K since I live in Florida. Collectibles won out easily and got the policy over the phone in 5 minutes. I only had to list serial number on thermal scope over 8K. 25K with them was about 190.00 per year and 47K was 350.00. Hopes this helps cut down on the search for other members.