• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you need match 175 BTHP's

I was told that many blems are put there as the result of a cosmetic problem such as tarnish. When the bullets go past the inspection station, it is too difficult to try and grab one bullet off the conveyor, so they do a swipe that removes the bullet they wanted, and a number of perfectly good ones around it. That is why many "blems" look perfectly fine....because they are.

I was told that many blems are put there as the result of a cosmetic problem such as tarnish. When the bullets go past the inspection station, it is too difficult to try and grab one bullet off the conveyor, so they do a swipe that removes the bullet they wanted, and a number of perfectly good ones around it. That is why many "blems" look perfectly fine....because they are.

Don't think you can always count on this 100% of the time. I bought a bunch of Hornady 178 AMAX blems, and yes there were quite a few tarnished ones, but also the weights were all over the place. Much higher deviation than normal production boxes I was used to. I'd say they are fine for banging steel or fireforming/plinking, but I'd never buy em again for precision loads.

Don't think you can always count on this 100% of the time. I bought a bunch of Hornady 178 AMAX blems, and yes there were quite a few tarnished ones, but also the weights were all over the place. Much higher deviation than normal production boxes I was used to. I'd say they are fine for banging steel or fireforming/plinking, but I'd never buy em again for precision loads.

I found something similar with pulled bullets. Trying to get a consistent C.O.A.L. was impossible. Apparently the squeeze required to hold the bullet securely enough to pull them pushes the front end out. I couldn't get either a consistent length to ogive, or a consistent C.O.A.L. I ended up having to individually measure each bullet, and then seat them to a C.O.A.L. I still wasn't getting a consistent length to ogive though.

They were fine for practice, or banging steel inside 500 yards or so as long as the targets were at least 2-3 MOA. But like you, I wouldn't buy them for precision work again.

I purchased some Nosler 168 Custom Competition that were blems. I've yet to get them to shoot better than .75 MOA in two different Krieger barrels. Good deal on paper but YMMV.

I received 2000 of these today. I don't know how to ID the manufacturer. Figure I'll weigh and measure up several and see how they look.

I received 2000 of these today. I don't know how to ID the manufacturer. Figure I'll weigh and measure up several and see how they look.

I measured oal, bearing surface and weight and mine were every bit as consistent as the new smk's I have. I loaded some up with a known good load and compared them along side new smk's at 600 yards on Friday and they again showed a nice consistent POI and grouped every bit as tight as the new smk's... a far cry better than some pull's I bought a while back. The only difference I really noticed was the ogive was different enough that when I loaded to jump .020 they were around .050" shorter in OAL than my SMK's.

So to wrap it up, I am glad I got them. Unlike the pull's.

I visited the site and they seem to be out of stock now... but then I realized that for only 10 more dollars, I could get 5 boxes (500) of first quality Hornady 178 AMAX's. So it was a worthwhile visit to the site. :)

I visited the site and they seem to be out of stock now... but then I realized that for only 10 more dollars, I could get 5 boxes (500) of first quality Hornady 178 AMAX's. So it was a worthwhile visit to the site. :)

They were marked down to $99.99 when the OP made his post, so it was actually $35 more.