• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Do you remember your first range session with a really nice scope?

Nomad0001

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Greenville, SC
Had a pretty solid scope on my Rem 5R that worked very well (Weaver Tactical EMDR). Decided to upgrade to a Nightforce F1. Wow. Now I understand what all the talk of "nice glass" is about.
Really hard to describe, all I have to say is WOW!

Nope...lol. Been a long time. My dad was always into long range shooting, so I've been plinking at long range farther back than I can remember for sure. I know what you mean though, few things inspire confidence like a well tuned long range rifle, scope, and round.

Yes, I went exactly like you did from a Weaver 3-15x50 to an F1 and finally the light came on as to why people spend so much on scopes. It was a mystery until then. After using the NF for a while I used a guy at the range's S&B 5-25x56 and was blown away.

Yes it was an S&B 5-25 Pm11 and I shot a grasshopper off the top of the cardboard target at a 100 yards with my Gap 10 .308. The round never even left a mark on the edge of the cardboard, it was all grasshopper. My girlfriend was watching thru my Vortex HD 20-60x80 spotting scope and she goes you got it and I said I know I saw it vaporize. It was awesome.

I've looked through a lot of higher power scopes and most of them, when you zoom past 20 power, the image tends to degrade.

Then I looked through a Schmidt PM II 5-25. The was ZERO drop off in image quality past 20 power. I was blown away.

Yep, I remember the first really good optics I ever looked through, it cost me a lot of money since then! LOL!

Mine was Friday with a S&B 5-25. I giggled on the inside while comparing it to the Sightron SIII a buddy had.

About 8 years ago, was shooting with a good friend and his new surgeon topped with a hensoldt, made my last leupold look like shit and everything else since. that bastard is still smug.
cheers.

I'm about to. My Z6i just showed up in the mail this weekend.