• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you think this is a real Noveske Gen2 Receiver?

CUSTOM1911FAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Howdy All,

I found this Noveske gen 2 lower for sale, locally, and I was just wondering if anyone has seen any counterfeit Gen 2 Noveske Receivers floating around? I ask that because I have seen great Airsoft repilcas of Noveske rifles and other gear. The serial number is N00195. Is that the right number of characters?

I have pics I can email if anyone has a Gen 2 Receiver that they can compare against.

Thanks.

Re: Do you think this is a real Noveske Gen2 Receiver?

I bought a complete Noveske rifle 2 months ago. S# for the Gen 2 lower is N047xx. Hope that helps.

My Gen 2 lower is N009xx. Post some pictures.

Post pictures if you can. I don't think you can "counterfeit" a firearm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post pictures if you can. I don't think you can "counterfeit" a firearm. </div></div>

I will post pics. I know it's hard to counterfeit a whole firearm, but individual components are doable. Hang out with some Airsoft "skirmishers" and you'll see how realistic the guns are. They got so similar to "real steel" guns that imports were being seized because it was alleged that the receivers could be used to build real weapons. I don't know how true that is, but check out this thread on a site for gas-blow-back airsoft rifles. This receiver looks pretty good, except they marked it with M 4, instead of N 4. The fakers are good at what they do though-give them a minute and they'll improve on it. OH, and it seems to me that alot of the airsoft stuff is semi black market, so this is probably not a licensed repro.
Noveske Airsoft

Well, it seems that the price for the airsoft version is actually MORE expensive than a real one!

Dude, I'm tellin' ya,' Airsoft gear gets crazy!

Wanna see a $2000 airsoft 1911? Check this out:
Airsoft Surgeon Infinity

My buddy owns a tac shop and I guarantee that alot of his sales of milspec First Spear load bearing equipment goes not to LE/MIl, but to Airsoft gamers (with money) who want the most realistic gear possible.

Check out the trigger pin hole and the slot where the trigger fits. Here is a pic from the airsoft version shown in the link you posted:

nov.jpg

Here is a pic of an actual receiver:

N4-GEN-2-LOWER.jpg

Notice the difference in the size of the hole. Hope this helps!