• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Do your Cammies Glow in the Dark?

Yep they sure can. We did studies several years ago on IR/Thermal paint suppression. Those modern day IR reducing clothes we see are great, but after several washing (based on detergents and how they're washed and dried) will lose some IR suppression. As time goes on, they can lose more of their IR characteristics.

The old OG-107 uniforms that everyone liked were horrible under IR,especially when wet, they looked solid black when viewed in IR/NIR. The same problem exists with some plastic buckles and webbing used on equipment. People like to debate which camo pattern is better but they fail to also factor in how the material does in the NIR/IR spectrum.

It's like when we came off Float with our "Salty" whitened cammies from being washed by the Navy...

That Salty look was always cool until they made you turn them in.

The good thing about it is when you are on a 30 day rotation on an OP in the mountains, they don't get washed. The bad news is, your on a mountain for 30 days.

Friend of mine showed up at deer camp with some random camo, no clue what it was. We were messing around with my PVS-14 and I swear he looked like cat piss under a black light. He damn near glowed under NODs.

Friend of mine showed up at deer camp with some random camo, no clue what it was. We were messing around with my PVS-14 and I swear he looked like cat piss under a black light. He damn near glowed under NODs.

He'd probably sprayed himself down with one of those scent sprays, at some point. Its a polymer / enzyme formula and it gets incorporated into the fabric. They are horrible about reflecting IR

My dad told me a while back that most clothing and a lot of cammo comes with UV accelerators its called. It prevents color fading. He said with IR, you will glow like crazy! I'd like to find research on this, might prove interesting to read up on.