• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Dodged a bullet!

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
I recently received my new CZ 457 Varmint MTR and have begun to install all the good stuff to make the CZ ready for the range: Nikon 1000 4-16X50 FFP MRAD scope, Area 419 scope mount, Area 419 bipod rail, and a FAB Defense bipod. The next day I had my annual appointment with my dermatologist in Los Alamos, NM. She found a mole on my back that had changed color since my last visit the previous year. She was concerned enough that she "scraped" the mole for a biopsy. When the results came back it was discovered that I had melanoma in that area. I returned two days later for a surgical procedure to remove a 3 cm X 9 cm piece of flesh, about 2-3 cm deep. This whole process threw my sweet wife into a spin, as she had lost her former partner to melanoma which had matastacized, and he was gone 6 months later. Well, my friends, my biopsy results came back negative with no melanoma at the margin. When some life event like this happens to me, I am struck by my mortality and my humility. So this clean, clear guy to now headed to the range to zero my CZ. Here are two photos of my baby! Blessings to all of you...

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Glad you got those results.

Enjoy you cz i know i love mine.

Reactions: Rio2019
My sister died from melanoma at 40. Caught early in the lateral growth phase it's very treatable. Later....not so much. I have removed a few changing lesions for biopsy on myself and had the dermatologist do one I couldn't reach. It's just too easy to cut out anything that changes vs the alternative. Irish red headed background and growing up farming and outside fishing and hunting my whole life is not ideal.

Very glad to see you have good news. Be more careful out in the sun and remember that sun screen. I'm sure you don't want to go through this again!

Congrats!

Glad you're OK. Nice looking rifle. Is that a Tarahumara blanket? I have one very similar.
Yes it is. My wife picked it up years ago while traveling the world. Thank you for your response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howland