• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Doe with Antlers

Re: Doe with Antlers

Nah it's all good, it already received a lethal dose of lead poisoning.

one more thing, to add, this area has been hit hard for the 2nd time in 3 years with Blue tongue. For those not familiar, it's a disease delivered by a certain gnat biting the deer during the summer, they then run a fever, go to water to drink and then founder themselves and die. Seems to affect bucks more than does, the theory is because when it bites their antlers while in velvet the blood is close to the surface and they're able to inject straight into the blood stream. Lots, and lots of big bucks have been found dead due to this.

Several years ago I shot a 9 point doe on the last day of gun season that was still 100% in velvet. She was a big ol doe but nothing like that one.

an oddity for sure, but does happen, strange that it rubbed the velvet off, most of the ones I read about stay in velvet until they drop them.

cool deer non the less.

kt

There was a she/he deer shot in Macon County AL several years ago

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">an oddity for sure, but does happen, strange that it rubbed the velvet off, most of the ones I read about stay in velvet until they drop them.

cool deer non the less.

kt </div></div>
A lot of them never drop their antlers, they just grow bigger and more gnarly. I suspect this is the case with the deer pictured. Lots of them in my area. The whole deer population started with 15 animals and being on an island makes for some serious inbreeding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombie Deer.... we are screwed. </div></div>

I died laughing after reading this... hahahaha

uh oh now my little town has made the big time! I wonder how much he's going to get offered for this deer....

I got my hands on this rack today at my taxidermist! It's gnarly for sure! With no mass or spread measurement it scores about 220 non-typical and the bases are skoal can size! Pretty big for a doe!

That blows that it can't be officially be scored or counted in the books because its a doe. Just not the same to have your buddies over and point to the wall and say "check out my doe"

Crazy kill though

Ya wouldnt you know it, she was on the way to the doctors office when she was rudely interrupted by some jackass hillbilly all dressed up in orange!

lol
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redbeard80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what you call a bull-dyke doe. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redbeard80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what you call a bull-dyke doe. </div></div>

+1