• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does a flash can affect precision?

Bayhawk21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2018
Hi, does anyone have experience using a flash can on a precision rifle and can speak to it's affect on precision?

I'm planning on going to several classes in the near future. With multiple people in close proximity I'm looking at trying to limit the disruption to the shooters next to me. I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor so recoil is not a big issue. The obvious option is to have a bare muzzle but I thought a flash can might be a better option as it directs the blast forward. A suppressor is not an option for me. My concern is that it may negatively affect the precision of my rifle. Does anyone know what affect a flash can has?

This is the flash can I am looking at: https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-industry-micro-slim-flash-can-5-8

Thanks!

No one on the line will do you the same courtesy of directing their blast away from you. I'd bet most will be shooting braked rifles. Just run it with a bare muzzle and be done with it.

Hi, does anyone have experience using a flash can on a precision rifle and can speak to it's affect on precision?

I'm planning on going to several classes in the near future. With multiple people in close proximity I'm looking at trying to limit the disruption to the shooters next to me.
I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor so recoil is not a big issue. The obvious option is to have a bare muzzle but I thought a flash can might be a better option as it directs the blast forward. A suppressor is not an option for me. My concern is that it may negatively affect the precision of my rifle. Does anyone know what affect a flash can has?

This is the flash can I am looking at: https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-industry-micro-slim-flash-can-5-8

Thanks!

if the shooter next to you is too big of a pussy to deal with muzzle blast.....thats his problem

unless you have something obnoxious, like a belted magnum or larger.....the muzzle blast is not that bad.

Reactions: Stpilot12