• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Does a trust name have to have the word "trust" in

OdellJym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Texas
Did a search with no luck. I live a ways from the nearest lawyer and want to go in with my plan so that I don't have to make a return trip.

Does the trust name need the word "trust" in it? I.E. Can I use the verbage: Dude Ranch, a revocable living trust, instead of Dude Ranch Trust. I am weighing my options for names and this would open up some of my favored options...Thanks in advance...

Re: Does a trust name have to have the word "trust" in

my lawyer advised me to have the words 'trust' and 'firearm' in the name.

so, LAST NAME firearms trust.

Why last name? Many lawyers reccomend not using your name for a revocable trust in the interest of privacy. I'm not familiar with the nuances of NFA trusts as opposed to standard revocable living trusts, so am asking for education, not to be argumentative...

i guess it helps to eliminate the possibility of 2 entities having the same name...i think. i think he also said something about it would be easier during an encounter with an ignorant LEO.

my name is corey XXX, and the cans are registered to XXX firearms trust.

it would be easier to justify having your name tied to the trust rather than 'kick ass name here'.

this conversation is going to open a can of worms...

Which of these makes the ability of a Trust to provide privacy apparent? Hint, only one, Beep Beep.

Bill Amory Firearm Trust
John Haines Firearm Trust
Bridgewater Firearm Trust
Hey Over Here Firearm Trust
Hida Salami Firearm Trust
Cooper Creek Firearm Trust
Bin Fartin Firearm Trust
M'Balz Es-Hari Firearm Trust
Acme Trust
Blue Ridge Firearm Trust
Isheet Midrawers Firearm Trust
Bill and Kathy Purelli Firearm Trust
Publish in the Paper That I Have A Firearm Trust
Bill's Toys 'N Stuff Firearm Trust
Ninja Warrior Firearm Trust
QUICKEN V2.003.7 - (INSERT NAME OF TRUST HERE) FIREARM TRUST
Corey XXX Needs a New Attorney Firearm Trust

The name of my trust: Garys FAT

Wanted to keep it short in case I ever need to engrave it on something.

Can it be insulting? For example: "A Bullshit Legal Entity Made Up to Own Things that Shouldn't be Restricted"

Or can it be vulgar? For example: "The Suck My Balls Trust"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bricktop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can it be insulting? For example: "A Bullshit Legal Entity Made Up to Own Things that Shouldn't be Restricted"

Or can it be vulgar? For example: "The Suck My Balls Trust" </div></div>

Those would be quite interesting to engrave on your NFA items if you ever made something.

They have kicked back trusts for names that were in the "ridiculous" category. One that was kicked back was "Zombie Prep NFA Trust" another was "It's Mine Not Yours Backoff NFA Trust".