• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anybody make a small rifle tripod

EDELWEISS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Maybe Ive been reading too much about the PSG1 lately but Im knda interested in a small weapons quality tripod. Ive searched and all I come up with are small camera grade tripods that are only rated for a few pounds. Im thinking something in the 6" to 12" range. Before anyone asks I know there are good bipods that are as good/better than a separate tripod but Im still looking.

I bought a Precision Rifle Solutions tripod and SSP rifle cradle about seven years ago and shot prone, and almost every height from 10" to 60" off of it. It is inexpensive but worked for me. I was full time SWAT until I retired from the PD last year and used my tripod on countless call outs, weekly range training, courses and comps and it never failed me. For the most part buy once cry once would dictate going to a higher option but I never needed to. And Dana, the owner of PRS, is also SWAT and a all around good dude. Hell of a shooter too!

https://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/apps/webstore/

There are shorty video bowl tripods from most of the big names. They should be adaptable to gun stuff but I'm not sure the footprint would give a tremendous amount of stability even though they are built like a tank for professional grade video equipment.

RRS TVC-32G Versa Series 3 Mk2 with TA-3 leveling base. Love this setup.