• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know if a 308 AI Magazine will work with 6.5 Creedmore?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Was curious if anyone had tried this as they are relatively close dimension wise being that the 6.5 is a necked down 308 parent cartridge and both are loaded to almost the same COAL.

Would the 5 round AI 308 magazines work for the 6.5 or are they too big/small/short, etc?

Awesome thanks.

Was thinking of converting an existing 308 into a 6.5 and wanted to see if this would work.

Was curious if anyone had tried this as they are relatively close dimension wise being that the 6.5 is a necked down 308 parent cartridge and both are loaded to almost the same COAL.

Would the 5 round AI 308 magazines work for the 6.5 or are they too big/small/short, etc?

Magazine for what rifle? The magazines for a DPMS LR-308 and DPMS LR-65CM are the the same.

I'm no expert, but I think you can use AI SA mags for any caliber that uses a .473 bolt face and COAL of less than 2.880". I use them without issue for 260Rem and 6x47L.

Yes, they even run quite well.

I use them interchangeably between a 308 and 6.5CM. They work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you run both the 5 round and the 10 round mags? I have a .22-250 that I can only use the 5 round mags with because of the taper on the case body. I am saving for a 6.5 CM.

Rifle is already built, but its a 308 and I am considering having it converted to a 6.5. It's a M24A2 long action Remington 700, trued, Rock Creek 1 in 10 24" barrel and has the Badger M24A2 bottom metal that takes 308 AI mags into a long action receiver. This is good news that the mag system and mags will work as I will pretty much just need to re-barell and have the chamber work done and everything else stays where it is.

Rifle is already built, but its a 308 and I am considering having it converted to a 6.5. It's a M24A2 long action Remington 700, trued, Rock Creek 1 in 10 24" barrel and has the Badger M24A2 bottom metal that takes 308 AI mags into a long action receiver. This is good news that the mag system and mags will work as I will pretty much just need to re-barell and have the chamber work done and everything else stays where it is.

I don't think it really matters to your original question...but the Badger M24 DBM takes AI AE Mk.1 magazines as opposed to AICS mags, correct?

Can you run both the 5 round and the 10 round mags? I have a .22-250 that I can only use the 5 round mags with because of the taper on the case body. I am saving for a 6.5 CM.

Yes you can run the Creedmoor in both 5 and 10 round mags. I have been using the same mags since 2008 for my Creedmoor, .308 and .243. All work fine.

Yes you can run the Creedmoor in both 5 and 10 round mags. I have been using the same mags since 2008 for my Creedmoor, .308 and .243. All work fine.
    What magazines are
    You using? I need SA for my ACIS 6.5 Creedmore . 5 to round mags are ok with me

Not familiar with that setup. The gun is a 700 long action but using short action mags???

What magazines are
    You using? I need SA for my ACIS 6.5 Creedmore . 5 to round mags are ok with me

AI AICS mags. There are other options out there now from MDT, Magpul and others that work in AICS DBMs.