• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know of a vendor that will sell an AXMC (long action) in 308Win?

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
I don't know if/when I will need a long action, however, if I could buy an AXMC in 308Win for now I probably would. I don't even know what magnum caliber I'd want right now anyway.

I checked with MHSA and Euro Optic and was told no :( I know I could sell the magnum caliber barrel/bolt but I'd rather not have to hassle with it.

Since it looks like you're going to run short action cals 99% of the time, I'd suggest buying a separate firing pin assembly and bolt body and having it bushed by Wade Stuteteville. or just buy a small firing pin AX308 unless you're really going to put magnum cartridge to it. A lot don't........

Would I really need it bushed if I am only going to shoot 308 as a SA caliber?

I have a SFP AT right now but my normal AE MKIII didn't give me any fits with 308.

I guess it confuses me that I can get a MRAD or SRS A1 in 308Win to start with but not the AXMC

I guess not. But they already gave rifles that have 308, they're not going to bother with a 3rd vs DT or Barrett.

Why buy an MC to shoot 308 when you have an AT and AE.

Just had same convo with a buddy similar to this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my AE to get the AT so I only have the AT at the moment.

Basically, I would have to sell the AT to get the AXMC as I can't afford to have both of them and optics.

I just want the AXMC so that I have the option to shoot at or beyond a mile this winter but if I falls thru I don't want to have $1200 in a barrel, bolt, and mags that I won't be using. I had just hoped that AI would follow suit and allow me to buy what I wanted as I love AI.

They already have the conversions in place so making a SA package (from the factory or even the dealer) wouldn't be that hard I wouldn't think. As the time gets closer I may wind up just getting the MRAD or SRS A1 but I will hold off on doing anything for now I guess.

I just figured it was worth asking if any dealers out there would offer such a thing.

I'd recommend buying it in a 338 Lapua or 300 Norma if possible as they seem to sell fairly fast and sell the conversion to buy your 308 assembly.

I've sold several AT with 6creed or 6.5 instead of the 308 barrel, but eventually the buyer ended up wanting a 308 barrel for practice an paid more then the credit given.

But let's say you buy it in 300norma
$8300
Sell the conversion
$900-1200

Buy the 308 conversion
$1000-1400

You'd basically have a AXMC in almost the same price as retail and could always add a magnum if you wanted in the future.
Let me know when you're interested and I can see what kind of deal I can work for you to get what you want, I'm 90% sure I have a buyer for 300norma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish a person could run a magnum bolt in the short action for a saum

I will need the following to run 308 on long action axmc

mag adapter $ 201
AI prs mag $93
bbl $850
bolt body $650

Listen to Nolegs. Buy used! You won't regret that setup. AIs are by far the best rifles on the market. If you wait for Black Friday you can probably get a great deal from mile high on a .308 barrel.

Thanks trophyhunter and NoLegs24 for your advice.

I saw that ad but the barrels are just nothing I am interested in. If he would sell it without any barrels I would seriously think about it but I doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
Tom,

You are talking the long action AXMC just in 308Win correct? If so that makes me very happy! My wife not so much :p

I would like to have the short action with a magnum face and I would be happy

I’d guess probably sometime late 2018 or 2019 if it ever happens

might be cheaper & faster to purchase a AXMC in 300norma and sell off the components to purchase short action conversion.

Mile High will sell you an AXMC in any configuration you like. That is why I went with them over Eurooptic when I purchased mine. All three of my bolts have been bushed and have the small firing pin now thanks to Speedy Gonzales down in Tx.

Todd

Mile High will sell you an AXMC in any configuration you like. That is why I went with them over Eurooptic when I purchased mine. All three of my bolts have been bushed and have the small firing pin now thanks to Speedy Gonzales down in Tx.

Todd

That's not what MHSA told me when I asked and is why I started this thread.

Their response was...and I quote:

"negative, you have to start off with a long action, then you can get short action conversion parts

thanks"

That's not what MHSA told me when I asked and is why I started this thread.

Their response was...and I quote:

"negative, you have to start off with a long action, then you can get short action conversion parts

thanks"

I’ve ordered rifles in that configuration for some customers. It doesn’t come out financially feasible as you only get like a $300 credit for trade in barrels. Bolts are very similar. It makes more sense to sell them here.

But it can be done, let me know