• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Does anyone know of any long range training courses in Colorado Springs/Denver area?

Dbspaded7

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Feb 2, 2020
    I am new to long range, but I am not new to shooting/hunting. I just bought my 1st FFP scope I ended up with a Athlon Cronus BTR, and I ordered a Masterpiece Arms 6.5 CM (probably wont get it for another 3-5 weeks) It's my first go with a scope with turrets and I need some guidance with understanding milliradians. I really want to learn the fundamentals. I still haven't bought a bipod but I plan on going with an Atlas Cal. Basically I want to learn right and not have to learn through trial and error. I want to be able to hit steel at 1000 yards, and be able to use my scope proficiently.

Give Mile High Shooting a call. I've heard plenty a time on the Everyday Sniper podcast they run courses. Speak with Mike there. Frank would be involved also. Frank has great bigfoot stories to tell from his adventures as a bigfoot hunter ? I can't wait to be free to come and do a course with them.

Give Mile High Shooting a call. I've heard plenty a time on the Everyday Sniper podcast they run courses. Speak with Mike there. Frank would be involved also. Frank has great bigfoot stories to tell from his adventures as a bigfoot hunter ? I can't wait to be free to come and do a course with them.
    I looked into that course, its exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I wont be able to go right away. It's a 1000$. I just spent over 4000$ on my rifle and scope. I am sure it's well worth it though. Its something I'll need to do eventually. Thanks

Good to know thanks. Just got my MPA rifle yesterday. Bipod comes in tomorrow. I will be shooting this weekend. Still need someone to show me the ropes. Plan on breaking in the barrel and get my zero. I will look into that. I live in the Springs so anything closer is better. I actually plan on doing the 3 day at mile high, I just can't do it right away.

You'll save $1,000 in ammo from trying to teach yourself or getting bad instruction from someone not qualified to teach. Go to MHSA and Frank. Three days. You'll probably end up shooting to a mile or close to it by the end.

FYI, they fill up. There's a reason for that.

You'll save $1,000 in ammo from trying to teach yourself or getting bad instruction from someone not qualified to teach. Go to MHSA and Frank. Three days. You'll probably end up shooting to a mile or close to it by the end.

FYI, they fill up. There's a reason for that.
    Yeah I know. I just need to spend the money and do it. The problem with starting from nothing in Long Range shooting is you can spend a lot of money really quick. Haha. I hunt and shoot but nothing with turrets, I definitely need some direction. So I already started buying the requirements for that course (ones I dont have anyway). I am sure its well worth the money. And something I plan on doing for sure. I actually spent a lot of $ in the last couple weeks/months on something to do with shooting. It's just hard to drop another 1000$ right away. Single income family I have a wife and 4 kids to take care of. But I am going to do it for sure. Start putting money back and just do it!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    cannot recommend Colorado Precision Rifle enough. Great instructor, who can tailor the level of teaching to your level and understanding of shooting.
    Highly recommended!

Reactions: strow
    cannot recommend Colorado Precision Rifle enough. Great instructor, who can tailor the level of teaching to your level and understanding of shooting.
    Highly recommended!
    I will check it out. I currently haven't done any training yet. I still plan on it. Something I need to do. Thanks

The only problem is they only have 1 class in Colorado for the year. It's in April and its level 3 + Tremor reticle. I'm not level 3, I also didnt buy that reticle. Wish I did though. My next optic will have it. I haven't called or anything, just saying what's on the website.

The only problem is they only have 1 class in Colorado for the year. It's in April and its level 3 + Tremor reticle. I'm not level 3, I also didnt buy that reticle. Wish I did though. My next optic will have it. I haven't called or anything, just saying what's on the website.
    Give CP Rifle a call. They may have other options available including private and semi private that are not on their website.

Give CP Rifle a call. They may have other options available including private and semi private that are not on their website.
    Will do! I am ready for the next step! I've broke the barrel in and got my zero. It's addictive for sure. I've shot 100 yards and 200 yards only so far. This rifle and optic makes it easy at that distance, it's my most accurate set up I own. Ready to push it out there. But like I said turrets are new to me. Training is what I need

Give Brian at CPR a call. He is always training and has additional options that may not be listed. He also instructs at Blue Steel Ranch, so there may be options there.

Have you ever played with the tremors 3? It's kinda garbage. Using your gun in mph will be difficult cause you'll be stuck using their wind system and the reticle is busy as hell.

Have you ever played with the tremors 3? It's kinda garbage. Using your gun in mph will be difficult cause you'll be stuck using their wind system and the reticle is busy as hell.
    No I haven't. It is busy. Long range is new to me. I was just thinking of being able to do holdovers for distance and wind would be fast and easy. But once I get the hang of my current optic I may change my mind. Still have a long way to go before I'm at that point.

No I haven't. It is busy. Long range is new to me. I was just thinking of being able to do holdovers for distance and wind would be fast and easy. But once I get the hang of my current optic I may change my mind. Still have a long way to go before I'm at that point.
    Don't just take my word for it, listen to the podcast below. Just dial, you have plenty of time and doing holdovers while looking through a Picasso painting is kinda annoying and slow. I know in a perfect world it sounds cool, but what happens if you don't see splash in the dirt and looking at the bottom of your scope is unnatural to what your brain wants to do, which is to look at the center of the scope.