• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make a Bergara B14R Magazine extension?

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
I know there are extensions for CZ's, Vudoo's and Rim X's, but what about the Bergara?

I've been looking for some of these myself, have not seen anything available yet. Hoping maybe MKM will jump on board and make some.

I know of someone making them. They are getting the design dialed in before bringing them to market.
E67E4BA8-3F21-40DD-8049-5ED0F0EEEC69.jpeg

once you stack that many rimmed cases into a straight magazine channel feeding reliability goes way down. If you notice most large rimfire magazines are curved or rotary.

My Kel-Tec CP33 holds 33x 22lr rounds. It's magazine is neither curved or rotary. It runs like a champ.

Nothing says the magazines can't be curved. I'd have no issue with a 25x rd mag if it were curved.

I used to have a 10/22 mag that was rotary in the shape of a tear drop. Held 50 rounds. Surely someone can figure out a 20rd shape to fit in an AICS pattern.

The problem is the market for such a magazine isn't huge. How many Vudoo, Bergara B14R, RimX rifles are out there? Less than 5 thousand? Not a large market.

My Kel-Tec CP33 holds 33x 22lr rounds. It's magazine is neither curved or rotary. It runs like a champ.

Nothing says the magazines can't be curved. I'd have no issue with a 25x rd mag if it were curved.

I used to have a 10/22 mag that was rotary in the shape of a tear drop. Held 50 rounds. Surely someone can figure out a 20rd shape to fit in an AICS pattern.

The problem is the market for such a magazine isn't huge. How many Vudoo, Bergara B14R, RimX rifles are out there? Less than 5 thousand? Not a large market.
Well AZ Dan,

you told me to get back to you when it was a +5 or +10....here is a plus 10 setup from L3I Design Solutions!

b14r Mag.jpg

What's the problem with multiple pre-loaded mags? I put ID marks on all of my mags primarily to be able to ID them when
they show signs of requiring maintenance. I have them on the bench and the ID allows me to quickly orient them properly
prior to the switch. They sit on the bench on the left side and I switch them with my left hand.
I would hate to pay more money for a larger mag and some back-ups mags and likely spare parts only to have it go down.

I came up with a trigger mod to my B14R trigger reduced the pull weight to 11 once's. The lowest published factory
weight is 2 pounds, 4 once's. The trigger mod isn't intended to supplant a Bix-n-Andy or the like but it was a little
experiment born out of curiosity. Still it's a 70% reduction below the minimum standard trigger weight. It cost less
than $20.00 and 20 minuets of my time. The plunger allowed a lower pull weight while maintaining a safe amount of
adjustable sear engagement.

IMO... the B14R is a really nice rifle given it's price point of $950.00. My only personal complaint about it's ergonomics
is the bolt knob, it's too short and it's knurling is too crisp for the way a slap my bolt around. I replaced it with a Vudoo knob
which suits my taste perfectly. I may have had to use a Lumley thread adapter but truly don't recall. It goes from 5/16-24 to M6-1.0
I'm sure I had to use it on my 3 CZ 457s to put the Vudoo knob on them. I had AREA 419 knobs on all of my 457s but changed
them out for the Vudoo knob as well.

Attachments

• VUDOO BOLT KNOB.jpg
    VUDOO BOLT KNOB.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 129
  • LUMLEY.jpg
    LUMLEY.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210718_133539.jpg
    20210718_133539.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 107
  • NEW TARGET.jpg
    NEW TARGET.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 105
  • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 206
that mag looks great how well do they function and how much$
It works great. The are sold as 14 round magazines and then they also sell magazine extensions. the extension added to a factory B14r mag adds 2 rounds, but added to the 14 round magazine with a new follower and spring it brings it up to 20 rounds. the springs for that configuration are still on order though and currently not on the website. L3I Design Solutions is the company.

Reactions: jackd
It works great. The are sold as 14 round magazines and then they also sell magazine extensions. the extension added to a factory B14r mag adds 2 rounds, but added to the 14 round magazine with a new follower and spring it brings it up to 20 rounds. the springs for that configuration are still on order though and currently not on the website. L3I Design Solutions is the company.

You damn tease!

Showing us crap that's not available yet, you got my hopes up and then squashed them.

The +2 was silly. +10 is something I can get behind.

Reactions: Mechdesigner
You damn tease!

Showing us crap that's not available yet, you got my hopes up and then squashed them.

The +2 was silly. +10 is something I can get behind.
The +2 is brilliant. Its all in perspective. Few NRL/PRS stages are more the 12 rounds. So +2 has you covered.
If they did more then a +2 you would need to purchase a new longer spring as minimum. So its all you need at the lowest price. 😉
Many CZ guys are running +2 as thats what works reliably there as well.

The +2 is brilliant. Its all in perspective. Few NRL/PRS stages are more the 12 rounds. So +2 has you covered.
If they did more then a +2 you would need to purchase a new longer spring as minimum. So its all you need at the lowest price. 😉
Prices?

My point was more along the lines of "for about the same money, I can have another 10 round mag".
If I need more than 10 it's at least 15.

A new spring isn't a big deal and I would expect it for a +2 to work anyways because you're still modifying the stack height.

So, they'll get my money for a 20, but I'm not screwing around with a +2.

I have three of the L3i +2 baseplates on my B14R. I run mine in NRL22 and similar matches. I did have to stretch the OEM spring and file down the "nub" on the follower per a few of the guides floating around, but after that, they've been a joy. Aside from the 12 round stages at NRL22, I mostly just enjoy the added length - the OEM 10 rounders are tricky to remove from the magwell and my Esstac KYWI pouches, especially when wearing gloves.

Honestly, had I not just learned of this new product, which looks to be even closer in dimension to a 10rd AICS, I would have put more L3i +2's on the rest of my mags.

You damn tease!

The +2 was silly. +10 is something I can get

The +2 is great for competition, yes you can buy another 10 round mag, but you may not have enough time left on the clock to switch mags…so you are buying time back essentially. Having an extra round or two even on a 10 round stage comes in handy if you have a misfeed. Our new +2 extensions are now made of a durable nylon and install very easily with a removable base plate.
2FF48E25-4669-4BCE-B7C3-3C9C34EF50D1.jpeg

The +2 is great for competition, yes you can buy another 10 round mag, but you may not have enough time left on the clock to switch mags…so you are buying time back essentially. Having an extra round or two even on a 10 round stage comes in handy if you have a misfeed. Our new +2 extensions are now made of a durable nylon and install very easily with a removable base plate.View attachment 7751951
Where do u purchase the +2 base plate.

12 round mags save a mag change for most stages that would have required them, thereby saving time. A little voice in my head says if time is that important, maybe a semi is the way to go. I don’t like that thought either....

It's made of better materials and has a much easier way to install it. The old one had some guys accidentally launching parts when putting the base on.

Reactions: Bgriff008
I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem but I started looking for mag extensions b/c when I load to 10 rounds in the factory mags the nose of the last round is pushed up and hits to barrel above the chamber. Rounds 1-9 will feed just fine. I figure its a tension thing so am hoping a looser spring in a 2+ extension would help. I have it in a KRG W3 so that may also be the problem.

If anyone has seen/ fixed a similar problem I'd love to hear how... otherwise I'm gonna give the L3i a try.

The extension is a great product but I'm not sure its going to solve your problem. One of the L3i mags with an adjustable mag height catch might make more sense. Someone else can chime in if the W3 can have an adjustable mag latch put on to correct feeding with your factory mag.

@waterman86 - Regarding not being able to fit 10 rounds into the OEM mag - I had a few mags with that issue as well. When I installed my Gen1 L3i +2's on a handful of them, I needed to perform some modifcations to both the +2 parts and my followers to get proper function. A YouTuber named DarronB has a video up showing the needed removal areas, highlight below. I ended up modifying all my followers, including those in mags that kept the OEM baseplate and stayed at 10 rounds, and noticed a world's difference and improvement getting 10 drama free rounds in and out on the clock.

Recommend this mod 100%, or at least until Bergara does a revision to the OEM mags. If you're looking for extensions, I recommend the newer L3i's, although my Gen 1's work fine, I do not look forward to taking them apart for cleaning.

1.png

2.png

Agreed that the newer one's are worth their weight just for the ease of taking them apart and assembling them

I like this a lot. I am not a fan of the hexagonal design.

I hope they come out with a full magazine kit, no assembly required 20 round magazine, for a nice price.
There are some floating around that don't have the hexcomb but the cost to manufacture it is quite a bit more. If it's a smooth sided body the material requirements are more as well as the fast that you must hold a different surface finish spec.
I we do a 20 round mag it will be a small batch since the pricing would make it more than most would want to pay.

Reactions: SneakyDingo1
It's stronger the way it is vs inversed but that's definitely something we will look at. It would still require a surface finish spec and would raise the cost. I'll look at the cost of a small batch of 20 rounders with smooth walls.

I just seen a post that these mags are available again.