• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make a cheap, high-mag red dot magnifier?

Conqueror

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
North Central FL
I feel that it would be beneficial to have a 6x or higher power magnifier when I’m zeroing a red dot optic on my rifles, but they are generally $300+ with QD or FTS mounts. I already have plenty of combat-grade flip-mounted magnifiers for actual shooting. All I want is something with higher mag for use on a well-lit flat range, then I’ll take it off the rifle again. I don’t care if it has some chromatic aberration or whatever. Doesn’t even really have to have a zeroing mechanism, I suppose. Does anyone know of a 6x or higher red dot magnifier with a bare-bones mount suitable for this type of use? Bonus points if the mount has stackable height adjusters to be used with various heights of dot sight.

Edit: I should add, I’m aware some people insist the proper move is to zero the optic with no magnification and then just center the magnifier, or adjust POI with the magnifier. It has been my experience that with quality dot sights (T1, T2, etc) that there is no difference between magnified POI and unmagnified POI, and it works just fine to zero the red dot with a magnifier in place to ease the viewing of the target.

Last edited:
The cheapest 6x magnifier that I know of is the PA one. It’s 299 with a mount included.

Yeah, I was hoping to undercut that. It seems a little silly to spend 300 bucks on a tool that will get used a couple times a year and tossed right back in a drawer, especially when even the primary arms one has features that I don’t need on such a tool. Maybe I’ll just get a cheap Amazon knock off or some thing.

They do offer a 3x for cheaper. I know they run sales all the time plus they have military discount if that applies

I have multiple 3x units already. As I mentioned would love to find even an 8x or 10x unit as this would only be for zeroing use on a 100-200yd range.

Reactions: jetjock07