• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make a Match Trigger for the Barrett M82A1 ?

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Just went out on my Rifle Range and fired my New Barrett M82A1 in 50 BMG today and Man that Factory Trigger Blows.

Now does anyone make a Match Trigger for the Barrett M82A1? Or even a good Trigger Job would be helpful. Now I know that this isn't a Precision Sniper Rifle, but I was getting 1" Groups at 100 yards with Hornady AMAX , and 2" Groups with PMC Bronze FMJ cheap ammo at 100 yards. Not too bad accuracy wise considering the crappy trigger.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Enigmo
    What part of the trigger is crappy ? Are the parts polished at all at the engagement surfaces ? ( Never seen a M82A1 trigger )

Gritty ? Long pull ? reset ?
    Do you think the surfaces will smooth out over time ?

What part of the trigger is crappy ? Are the parts polished at all at the engagement surfaces ? ( Never seen a M82A1 trigger )

Picture in your mind if you can, an AK trigger. But heavier, and more spongy, and seemingly made by the newest apprentice at the Khyber Pass School of Metal Grinding.
    They are truly awful. I was pretty blown away the first time I pulled one. I assumed a gun costing that much would have at least an okay trigger.

There was a gunsmith that was doing a trigger upgrade but it was ridiculously expensive (like $800 IIRC) and you had to send it to them. I believe it was just a modification the to factory trigger though.

I polished up the trigger in my M107 and it made it better but it still wasn't a match trigger.

Pretty rough isn't it? I was able to just convince myself it wasn't setup for precision work and that getting around "Close Enough" was ok.

You got 1MOA with Hornady AMAX?! Maybe it is worth grabbing some. What kind of groups are you getting typically from other rifles/rounds? Just trying to gauge if thats attainable by an average shooter such as myself. Ive shot sub MOA from several rifles with hand loads, but nothing better than maybe 0.8 MOA. I haven't shot my Barrett much and only shot bulk FMJ.

Just went out on my Rifle Range and fired my New Barrett M82A1 in 50 BMG today and Man that Factory Trigger Blows.

Now does anyone make a Match Trigger for the Barrett M82A1? Or even a good Trigger Job would be helpful. Now I know that this isn't a Precision Sniper Rifle, but I was getting 1" Groups at 100 yards with Hornady AMAX , and 2" Groups with PMC Bronze FMJ cheap ammo at 100 yards. Not too bad accuracy wise considering the crappy trigger.

Thanks

I do not own a semi-auto 50, but this guy was mentioned on another forum. https://www.triggerwork.net/50-barrettbrowning.html

OP forget the match trigger, what you want is the Geissele Super Dynamic-Barrett so that you can hammer out .15 splits on your bill drills!

• Haha
    Reactions: Genesis1984
    There was a company on the east coast that made one years ago:

I would just send to back to Barrett and have them do a custom trigger job - if they are still open to doing that.

These are the trigger modifications I did to my 82A1 back in 2002. It was a major improvement over the stock trigger. Click link.

Below is my best target from Coalinga on the 1,000 yard range back in 2010.

371.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: 232593

The ones I've fired are spongy, long-ish, not a great break. I wouldn't say it was terribly gritty but it's not good.

Just went out on my Rifle Range and fired my New Barrett M82A1 in 50 BMG today and Man that Factory Trigger Blows.

Thanks

How did you get the plastic cheek pad on your m82a1?