• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone shoot at Memphis Sport Shooting Assn?

bottom_gun

Navigator
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
Mason Co., WA
I want to get started shooting long distance, but from what I can find, the only range around is MSSA. It seems a little much, but if it's the only range around, then I guess that's what I have to use. Just looking for opinions of the range and any contacts in the area.

Re: Does anyone shoot at Memphis Sport Shooting Assn?

Howdy, I'm near memphis myself. Shot a couple matches at mssa. You are correct about the price, it's expensive for a membership. However, it only costs $18 to shoot a match. PM me if you want more info. Good luck

I live around Memphis too i have never heard of this range though is it any good? is it public or members only? how long of range do they have?

I am not a member, but I looked into it a couple years ago. Membership initiation fees are around $6-700 if I remember correctly, with an annual fee after that of around $200? They have a 600 yard range, plus many many other 100 and shorter ranges for rifle and pistol. As well as a sporting clays/trap area. Really nice place I would say. Worth the money.

MSSA holds a lot of 600 yard competitions. Specificlly prone and F class matches. You don't have to be a member for these, just pay the match fees and enjoy the day. The matches are structured, but they are a great way to get some practice in.

There is a nice range in north Louisiana. Howard Prince memorial range. 770 Yd rifle range 120Yd pistol and shotgun ranges. Very nice remote skeet or trap throwers or whatever they're called. They hold different types of matches as well. I'm trying to put a tactical match on soon like the Jim Clark Terry Cross match if yall would be interested. Pm me if any one wants to check out the range. It might be far for some but it is pretty cheap. 120 dollars a year or 10 a day. But it is new and nice. Come check it out.