• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does my labradar have an issue?

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
I got my labradar at the same time I switched to 6 dasher. I have not been able to get consistent low es/sd’s.

Im using alpha ocd brass. Br4 and 450 primers. varget. 109 hybrids.

Virgin brass wasnt producing. So I bought a .242 mandrel and started sizing with that before firing new brass. No change numbers didnt get better.

After firing 200. I annealed them with my Annealeez. Resized with redding type s bushing die. And used mandrel again. Trimmed with my giraud trimmer. Still no better results.

I do the same process Ive done with other calibers. Ive always been able to get good numbers.

However I previously used my magnetospeed v3 before. Could it just be an issue with the labradar? I followed all the setup instructions.

I always see guys posting these stupid low numbers with alpha brass. Even on virgin brass.

Have you tried it on another caliber that you know?
I think that would be a quick way to verify.

What kind of numbers are you getting?
Like @Ravenworks said did you try another known rifle.
Do you still have the V3? If you do run both and compare.

Is your LabRadar mounting stable? i.e. not moving from muzzle blast or brake vents.

Got pics of your load development? Honestly I could care less what my numbers are. A good group is a good group.
My goal is 3" 5 shot groups at 500, some of those have an sd of 20, on another day it will be an sd of 4. Quit looking at numbers exclusively if thats what youre doing, they are mostly just noise. Paper doesnt lie.
If I dont get there with one combination avenue then I try something else to mix it up. I do enjoy it though.