• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does PMC 50BMG 660gr ammo come with good brass?

Keith Johns

Phoenix Custom Rifles
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
In the past I bought Hornady 750gr Amax factory loaded ammo for the brass because the loaded ammo only cost about a dollar more than the brass did. Plus that ammo shot MOA in both of the 50s I’ve owned. Since that ammo is harder to get and more expensive than it used to be, buying it for the brass doesn’t make as much sense… even though it is decent ammo and loaded with my favorite 50 bullet.

The 50BMG PMC 660gr ammo comes with brass cases that look fine in pictures, but I’ve never seen any in person. That ammo is dirt cheap(for 50cal ammo) and if the brass is fine to reload I think that’s the route I’ll go for my new 50.

Crimped primer pockets are no problem. I’m used to reaming the pockets out which removes the crimp.

I’m mostly worried about consistency from case to case and the size of the brass.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Keith

Btw, we(Phoenix Custom Rifles) build great 50s. The two 50s I’ve built myself shot half moa with me shooting them, and I have to think I was causing the half moa of inaccuracy. I’ll admit these 50s can be a little difficult for me to shoot… Ive gotten too used to 25lb Creedmoors and 6GTs that practically shoot themselves.

Last edited:
Keith, I just happened to do a search on 50BMG reloading, your post came up. I would recommend going to a 50BMG match, 1/2 MOA is great....not as many matches as ELR or PRS by a ways but still a fun way to burn powder!!!

Check out the FCSA if your interested!