• What?! Patch #0002 is out now

Limited edition patch, only 50 made

Get your patch

does shipped mean you get the item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. If a seller wants to insure their package that's on them. If the buyer doesn't get it they get a refund. That is is how it has always been here. That's how it is everywhere if your package doesn't show up. You get a refund. People trying to push the responsibility for their package to the buyer are the same as trucks with watch out for flying rocks stickers on them. Ya they warned you. Ya, they're still liable for damage from rocks falling off their truck. The person receiving a package cant initiate an insurance claim on the package. Only the sender can.
I did initiate the insurance claim and I followed through with the refund as soon as the investigation was completed, and the funds were issued to me. This guy knew that and didn't mention it to any of you because he is a liar and he is trying to smear my name.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 003840.png

Then it seems the shipper is on the hook to get you some money heading your way promptly
If they paid the claim on 6/1 then the seller should already have the check and been able to deposit it.
This information is not true at all. On May 30th, I received an email from FedEx stating that the investigation was taking longer than expected and that they would update me when they were finished. On June 5th, I received another email stating that the claim had been approved and that they would be sending me the funds. I have electronic funds transfer setup with FedEx to receive payment for claims. The payment was issued to my bank on June 7th, and the funds actually hit my account on June 10th. I issued a refund on June 10th, before I ever saw this thread I might add.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 215121.png

Hi, I have a problem with a seller that sold me a barrel for $400.00 shipped. It appears to be lost with FedEx. The ad doesn't say if you want insurance it's extra. He is not responding to my private messages. The way I look at it is shipped means shipped and received. He is not offering me anything not even the $100.00 minimum insurance that you get with all packages.

What is your assessment of how this thread is making me look now? Care to fess up and tell the truth?

Screenshot 2024-06-11 000255.png

Reactions: Yasherka
I tried to contact you several times after May 10th you did not respond to any of my pms. I waited 30 days before asking the community if I was wrong by thinking shipped mean's I'm going to get it or get a refund. I guess I was being out a line by only waiting 30 days and not hearing back from you. The important thing is that you did issue a refund and I thank you for that. None of this would have happened if you would have only responded to me and let me know what was going on.

Reactions: Milf Dots
This information is not true at all. On May 30th, I received an email from FedEx stating that the investigation was taking longer than expected and that they would update me when they were finished. On June 5th, I received another email stating that the claim had been approved and that they would be sending me the funds. I have electronic funds transfer setup with FedEx to receive payment for claims. The payment was issued to my bank on June 7th, and the funds actually hit my account on June 10th. I issued a refund on June 10th, before I ever saw this thread I might add.

View attachment 8436308

I'm glad to hear it looks like you were able to get a resolution worked out with the buyer and all seems to be good now.
It sounds like you refunded the buyer yesterday so I'm assuming the buyer should be able to confirm he got the refund and be all good.

Would you issue a refund before FedEx finished their investigation?

Different people have different ways of handling things, "buyers" often act very entitled and spoiled and demanding,
However it is usually considered perfectly fine to wait for the carrier to complete their investigation, determine the package is irretrievably lost and let you know they will be accepting a claim before sending a refund or a replacement.

Now I understand some folks get all bent out of shape about that, but the Seller does have every right to protect themselves because most buyers will probably be in no hurry to pay for or return the item if it shows up later, many will be entitled enough to think they deserve it for free or at best make the seller jump through all kinds of hurdles to get paid or get their item back.

You are trying to smear my name because you didn't get your refund fast enough for your liking... I'm not Amazon buddy, I had to wait for FedEx to finish their investigation and issue a claim.

Funny enough a couple times I've needed to get a refund from Amazon, it was like a month or so and more than one chat with customer service.
They are really good at getting things shipped out fast.

If it gets "complicated" or there is a problem, it seems you'll have to roll the dice on if it gets taken care of right away or a month later someone higher up can figure out how to unmess it up.

Ahh what a tangled web we weave……
Yes, you pay for some goods, they get lost with FedEx. The seller goes radio silent for 30 days then all of this? make me question if buying from private parties is worth it.

edit, in the last 8 months I have made 11 transactions totaling over 20k with ZERO problems. some great members on the hide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.