• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does Sniper's Hide really need the constant flow of LE bashing?

MD is a LONG LONG lost cause. There is no fixing it short of genocide.

Born and Raised in the city, family all over Bcounty , AA and the Shore. Went to school at Salisbury, Was in the MDNG, worked at Aberdeen.

MD is a lost cause. Even as crazy as NOVA is, its leaps and bounds better than MD. Souther VA is MUCH nicer, cheaper and laid back. Richmond is a great city with plenty to offer.

People just carry themselves differently. You have the same hood trash and meth heads, illegals............the difference is when you go into a convenience store, you don't have to have 360 awareness at all times. The criminals down here know there is a good chance someone is carrying.

My interactions with the LE down here has been great as well. Much more laid back and lower numbers.

MD has more police per capita than anywhere in the US.... City/County/State/MTA/Metro Police/DNR/Feds/ect.........yet the crime rate is some of the highest in the nation.

It really is the epitome of "An armed society is a polite one."

Amen. When Delegate Dwyer came around to the PD's after Sandy Hook, and Owemalley was looking for support for his confiscation/new legislation efforts, there were a bunch of MD Sheriffs......and two PD Chiefs.........who were vocal about their opposition to the confiscation/new law efforts. One was the Chief of Denton (who testified with several Sheriffs at Annapolis..........the other is my Chief. Sadly, Balt. Co, Montgomery Co., and PG county carry the votes for this state. Sickening, really.

I STRONGLY believe in MD becoming a Shall Issue state. States that are Shall Issue or Open Carry and low crime rates can't be wrong!

If you actually CARED, yes you would be trying to improve the image of LE. If you don't give a fuck and are just in it for the check and the power...why would you?

It's that Apathy that I talked about before.

You're 100% correct, I completely ran out of give a fuck about 8 years ago and I'm pretty well convinced that I added years to my life expectancy in doing so.

I just got back from a morning spent 80 miles away from the city on our deer lease. While I was there, there were between 300-400 officers on duty from my agency. Do you know what they were doing? Me neither. But you can bet your ass I'm responsible for not "policing my own" if one of them was doing something stupid. I haven't worked the street in years but when I did I had around 15 officers that I worked with in my district. On an average 8 hour shift I might spend 10-15 minutes with a handful of them but if they fucked up, I got to share the blame.

I'll start my 17th year this January, been on the SWAT team for 12, served hundreds of warrants, arrested many hundreds of criminals, had one fatal shooting. In all that activity I've been contacted zero times to answer for complaints, I've never been sued, suspended or written up. That's my contribution. I don't want awards or recognition and I've dodged any attempts at them as best I could (only been nailed once). I worry about what I do and what those who work for me do. That is my span of control. Call it apathy if you want, I call it keeping my sanity.

You're 100% correct, I completely ran out of give a fuck about 8 years ago and I'm pretty well convinced that I added years to my life expectancy in doing so.

I just got back from a morning spent 80 miles away from the city on our deer lease. While I was there, there were between 300-400 officers on duty from my agency. Do you know what they were doing? Me neither. But you can bet your ass I'm responsible for not "policing my own" if one of them was doing something stupid. I haven't worked the street in years but when I did I had around 15 officers that I worked with in my district. On an average 8 hour shift I might spend 10-15 minutes with a handful of them but if they fucked up, I got to share the blame.

I'll start my 17th year this January, been on the SWAT team for 12, served hundreds of warrants, arrested many hundreds of criminals, had one fatal shooting. In all that activity I've been contacted zero times to answer for complaints, I've never been sued, suspended or written up. That's my contribution. I don't want awards or recognition and I've dodged any attempts at them as best I could (only been nailed once). I worry about what I do and what those who work for me do. That is my span of control. Call it apathy if you want, I call it keeping my sanity.

So when a fellow officer did something illegal, against policy or was dishonest........you reported him?
How many of those Warrants turned out to be goose eggs, bad info, wrong person, or based on some crack head CI who was trying to keep themselves out of jail?

The point is, there is ALOT of dirt that happens. It might very well be a small percentage of officers, but when most look the other way, they are just as guilty. There should be almost zero tolerance for this from the other officers.

Hell, your defending LE despite this is what we are talking about. Irony.

I have yet to hear ONE officer anywhere come out and say "Yea there is a problem and I am doing my best to help fix it".

It's much easier to deny a problem exists than face it head on and try to deal with it. Hide behind that Thin Blue Line and then wonder how its us vs them.

So when a fellow officer did something illegal, against policy or was dishonest........you reported him?
How many of those Warrants turned out to be goose eggs, bad info, wrong person, or based on some crack head CI who was trying to keep themselves out of jail?

The point is, there is ALOT of dirt that happens. It might very well be a small percentage of officers, but when most look the other way, they are just as guilty. There should be almost zero tolerance for this from the other officers.

I have yet to hear ONE officer anywhere come out and say "Yea there is a problem and I am doing my best to help fix it".

It's much easier to deny a problem exists than face it head on and try to deal with it. Hide behind that Thin Blue Line and then wonder how its us vs them.

Which officer should I have turned in and what for? Right now, somewhere in this country, there is a police officer doing something wrong. I'm gonna do my damnedest to fix it. I'll wait here for you to point him or her out so I can get started.

Most don't have to look the other way because most don't have a fucking clue what is happening. The vast majority of LE in this country spend 90% of their shift by themselves, just exactly how in the hell are they supposed to know what other officers are doing? They know what is put out over the radio and that's pretty much it. I've never heard an officer key up his mic and say "Control, I'm beating this son of a bitch until he shits himself, let everyone know".

We've had zero tolerance in these parts for years now. You step on your dick, the agency is more than happy to pick it up and cram it in your ass. We've had three officers arrested in the past month from my agency. Yeah, thin blue line and all.

Last edited:

Dude. Seriously. Think about this for a second.......I work on the Eastern Shore of MD. Recently, a video surfaced of a Balt. City PD Officer who beat a drunk - and the drunk did nothing physical to the Officer - even while being beat. Victim never even swung back. It was on video. Personally, I think the Officer needs fired and charged (possibly even the other two Officers who didn't stop the assaulting Officer). But............How can I affect change for an agency in which I do not work, nor am I even remotely within response time?

Do I condemn the actions? YES. Can I reasonably affect any decisions made by their Command? NO. Can I ensure those under my Supervision don't break the law? As long as they are under my direct, constant view.

Do Officers come out about fellow LE wrongdoings? Sure do. Google Balt. City "Ratgate". What a clusterfuck.

I can't affect what they do. All I can do is my absolute God's honest best effort to make sure I and those I am responsible for don't fuck up.

You were obviously Army. Were you an NCO? If so, did you have Joes under you that fucked up while not under your supervision? If you didn't......you had to be the luckiest Team Leader alive.

Hey! That's cool! Obviously I'm not as computer savvy as some on here, but how do you edit a post without it saying that you edited the post? You know, like if I wanted to make a cute little comment - even after my original post was quoted and replied to? Maybe I should ask my middle school aged kid. Seems like some stuff kids his age would do.

I don't know, I just hit edit and it did it. I wish I was half as computer savvy as some people these days. I did it soon as I posted, you must have been quick on the reply.

Frank is right about this place not being able to solve the deepening divide between our government, or more to the point he doesn't want it to become about that. It his property and right of course, but to the extent we are able to have these discussions without crossing his rules I think some good comes out of them on an individual basis. It lets each side vent their concerns, and yeah sometimes their anger, and that can lead to something constructive. It can let you see that not every cop is a would be tyrant, and not everyone who distrusts cops is just another unthinking idiot who is angry for getting a ticket he deserved.

My family experienced some serious police corruption and I can tell you it can and does change your life and your perception/trust forever. As a citizen the law gives me plenty of room to protect myself against a criminal, but nothing to protect myself from a criminal with a badge. All remedies are after the fact, which is to say they are not remedies at all, as the damage cannot be undone and if you were to try and protect yourself you are definitely likely to die/go to jail yourself. Until you or someone you love, who is truly innocent, have been faced with such a situation it is difficult to understand the damage that is done- and it is generational. Rarely is there ever justice for those situations, which only leads to more bitterness.

Since I have been on the hide I don't think I ever been a cop basher but I have brought up the dangers of the police state, and police corruption, or police tactics that infringe on liberty, and some of those threads have likely incited some mouth breathers to say unfair things, and that was never my intent. I can say that each of those threads has confirmed some of my fears but also, and more importantly, shown me that some officers on this site truly get it and are incredible assets for our liberty.

No country ever lost their liberty or the rule of law without their police forces losing it first. I think we still have those in the blue line who will give their all to defend us from that even as official policy trends the other way. When you think about they will be the first ones faced with the consequences of choosing principle, and freedom, over the easy way of going along to get along. We all need to remember that. If we ever have to make some tough and irreversible choices as a people, good men in the police forces will have suffered the consequences of those same choices already.

I don't know, I just hit edit and it did it. I wish I was half as computer savvy as some people these days. I did it soon as I posted, you must have been quick on the reply.

Frank is right about this place not being able to solve the deepening divide between our government, or more to the point he doesn't want it to become about that. It his property and right of course, but to the extent we are able to have these discussions without crossing his rules I think some good comes out of them on an individual basis. It lets each side vent their concerns, and yeah sometimes their anger, and that can lead to something constructive. It can let you see that not every cop is a would be tyrant, and not everyone who distrusts cops is just another unthinking idiot who is angry for getting a ticket he deserved.

My family experienced some serious police corruption and I can tell you it can and does change your life and your perception/trust forever. As a citizen the law gives me plenty of room to protect myself against a criminal, but nothing to protect myself from a criminal with a badge. All remedies are after the fact, which is to say they are not remedies at all, as the damage cannot be undone and if you were to try and protect yourself you are definitely likely to die/go to jail yourself. Until you or someone you love, who is truly innocent, have been faced with such a situation it is difficult to understand the damage that is done- and it is generational. Rarely is there ever justice for those situations, which only leads to more bitterness.

Since I have been on the hide I don't think I ever been a cop basher but I have brought up the dangers of the police state, and police corruption, or police tactics that infringe on liberty, and some of those threads have likely incited some mouth breathers to say unfair things, and that was never my intent. I can say that each of those threads has confirmed some of my fears but also, and more importantly, shown me that some officers on this site truly get it and are incredible assets for our liberty.

No country ever lost their liberty or the rule of law without their police forces losing it first. I think we still have those in the blue line who will give their all to defend us from that even as official policy trends the other way. When you think about they will be the first ones faced with the consequences of choosing principle, and freedom, over the easy way of going along to get along. We all need to remember that. If we ever have to make some tough and irreversible choices as a people, good men in the police forces will have suffered the consequences of those same choices already.

Very well stated. I appreciate some of your earlier posts when rereading them after reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot "us vs them" is external (not coming from LEOs) and is such by design. Divide et impera...

Thats because where I come from, you don't get a trophy FOR DOING YOUR JOB.

That's what you are paid to do.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. But on the flip side, when a Navy SEAL gets a confirmed kill (his job) why are there dudes on here lining up to suck his cock?

Dude. Seriously. Think about this for a second.......I work on the Eastern Shore of MD. Recently, a video surfaced of a Balt. City PD Officer who beat a drunk - and the drunk did nothing physical to the Officer - even while being beat. Victim never even swung back. It was on video. Personally, I think the Officer needs fired and charged (possibly even the other two Officers who didn't stop the assaulting Officer). But............How can I affect change for an agency in which I do not work, nor am I even remotely within response time?

Do I condemn the actions? YES. Can I reasonably affect any decisions made by their Command? NO. Can I ensure those under my Supervision don't break the law? As long as they are under my direct, constant view.

Do Officers come out about fellow LE wrongdoings? Sure do. Google Balt. City "Ratgate". What a clusterfuck.

I can't affect what they do. All I can do is my absolute God's honest best effort to make sure I and those I am responsible for don't fuck up.

You were obviously Army. Were you an NCO? If so, did you have Joes under you that fucked up while not under your supervision? If you didn't......you had to be the luckiest Team Leader alive.

To this I'll add a year or so ago local LE officer charged another LE officer with DUI at 0500. No big accident, just a routine stop where they could have let him go.For that to happen there has to be integrity.

To this I'll put up the medical profession."In 1999, the Institute of Medicine published the famous “To Err Is Human” report, which dropped a bombshell on the medical community by reporting that up to 98,000 people a year die because of mistakes in hospitals"
How Many Die From Medical Mistakes in U.S. Hospitals? - ProPublica Ever hear of doctors reporting incompetence of another doctor to the licensing board?

Lawyers!!! When was the last time a lawyer filed a criminal complaint against another Lawyer for subordination of perjury? Like every lawyer doesn't know that their client is lying.As long as money keeps coming the lies keep coming. Look at the disciplinary decisions issued by local Law Societies. Case after complaint where a member is caught stealing clients money from trust accounts.The BS starts. the Lawyer was alcoholic, depressed, his business was losing money,etc,etc, Lawyer gets suspended for a month, license reissued, nobody ever prosecuted.

Politicians....Now... I'll stop now.

I guess I should count myself lucky to have read this thread. At least I got a linguist lesson on "Begs a question".

Last edited:
To this I'll add a year or so ago local LE officer charged another LE officer with DUI at 0500. No big accident, just a routine stop where they could have let him go.For that to happen there has to be integrity.

To this I'll put up the medical profession."In 1999, the Institute of Medicine published the famous “To Err Is Human” report, which dropped a bombshell on the medical community by reporting that up to 98,000 people a year die because of mistakes in hospitals"
How Many Die From Medical Mistakes in U.S. Hospitals? - ProPublica Ever hear of doctors reporting incompetence of another doctor to the licensing board?

Lawyers!!! When was the last time a lawyer filed a criminal complaint against another Lawyer for subordination of perjury? Like every lawyer doesn't know that their client is lying.As long as money keeps coming the lies keep coming. Look at the disciplinary decisions issued by local Law Societies. Case after complaint where a member is caught stealing clients money from trust accounts.The BS starts. the Lawyer was alcoholic, depressed, his business was losing money,etc,etc, Lawyer gets suspended for a month, license reissued, nobody ever prosecuted.

Politicians....Now... I'll stop now.

And I personaly KNOW LE who have gotten away with DUI's, assaults and even some that partake in rec drugs. People I know well. The fact that you have to cite and example, proves its out of the ordinary.

Does any one really think that guys don't get out of DUI's and other shit who have badges? I knew a whole squad that goes out to the bar after shift , get shit faced, and drive home. The same guys were arresting citizens for DUI's not 3 hours before.

Your Doctor and other analogies are 100% irrelevant. A doctor cannot throw you in jail, shoot you, or Lie in front of a judge and get you sent to prison.

When society grants certain people (Judges, some laywers, Civil Servants, Cops) with authority up to and including deadly force against a people protected under the constitution, Those people need to be held to the highest standards. Standards so high, that the integrity of the system is not in question. When that fails, the system fails. That is why we are where we are. Corruption, hypocrisy and criminal.

If someone can't do the job and hold those standards, then they need to find something else to do.

If I couldn't do math and calculus, I would lose my job. And that is job that no lives are on the line nor is there a bodily risk to anyone.

Your Doctor and other analogies are 100% irrelevant. A doctor cannot throw you in jail, shoot you, or Lie in front of a judge and get you sent to prison.

Yeah, they can just make you dead. No comparison whatsoever.

You are very clearly biased beyond rationality. No amount of explanation is going to change it so I'll quit trying. I have provided counter points and a touch of reality but you are quite obviously not interested.

The OP is right here! Sorry for the absence, but between a callout, and a day of actually shooting (versus typing), I have been busy.

I was actually done with replying here, because it is very evident that trying to make any point with the most vocal here, is the equivalent of pissing in the wind. However, acknowledging that there are some here who do actually have an open mind, I would add:

Motivation For Starting This - I was trying to keep from getting into details that could get me into hot water with some folks, but since some people don't get it, here it is from the Horse's Mouth (paraphrased & condensed)
Group of LE Snipers from multiple states/agencies, in a round table discussion, talking about recent callouts.
Officer 1 - is everyone aware of the recent callout with LASD SEB?
Officer 2 - if you want to learn about that incident, just check in with experts at Sniper's Hide, they can tell you exactly what went down before the official investigation was even started.
Officer 3 - yeah, so you also caught that BS that went down there with Mike from Tac Ops?
Officer 2 - unfortunately, and given the frequency of the BS there, I am done with it.
Officer 3 - makes me wonder if we should continue to list the site and training materials in our course reference materials?
Officer 2 - I would not recommend it, sending a new shooter there who has little background, experience, and oversight, is asking for a train wreck in my opinion.
ME - I can appreciate that there is some less than desirable stuff going on there, but do we really want to throw out the baby with the bath water? There is a lot of really good stuff there, and most guys should be able to separate the wheat from chaff.
This discussion goes on for 10 minutes with everyone debating if the website should stay on the reference list for training courses. Fortunately, in the end it was decided to leave them, but members would be monitoring the site to see where things were going.
Less than a week after that, someone starts a topic on the recent PA Trooper shooting, which turns into a complete pile of $#!@ with someone even going as far as to say "maybe the troopers just had it coming". Fortunately it was deleted quickly, because that is the exact king of garbage that will discredit this site, and forces people to make a decision to walk away from it. You can't for many reasons have a website listed on official LE documents/training materials, when it has that kind of garbage posted on it. Probably one of the reasons that Frank has the policies that he does.

Additional Motivation - it was my hope that by calling this issue out into the open, that it would convince some people that they should rethink some of their posting, and voluntarily keep the useless garbage off of the site. This would prevent Frank and the Moderators from having to act as babysitters, enforcing the site policy which clearly states that the Govt/Political/LE/MIL rants and attacks have no place on this site. So much for that!

Accountability - I never said Officers should not be held accountable. But is bitching about them or attacking them here going to hold them accountable at any level that will have any actual beneficial impact? NOPE! Plenty of people here ranting away about being used & abused by the Police, but the majority of them also admitted, they said nothing to anyone at the local level who could actually do anything about it. In the past 10 years I can name multiple Officers and Administrators who have been disciplined, suspended, or fired because someone made the effort to report them and follow up. Once again, LE does NOT answer to the NWO as some people here would have you believe. They answer to Bosses who in most cases are in elected positions, which means they will listen to the public and act accordingly or they will be voted out of their positions. Hold LE accountable, speak up, pursue it, just do it in a way that will actually produce a result, which is not bitching here.

Fixing LE Issues - hate to bust some peoples bubble here, but LE has been doing a lot to fix issues. Prime example, NTOA (Nat Tact Off Assoc) who represents the majority of LE tactical teams has changed their policies and training for Warrant Service. One new method for Warrant Service (Non Violent/No Life Safety) is to Knock, Announce, and Call Out. That is right, Officers are NOT doing no knock, kicking doors, and hammering the house anymore for the majority of warrant services. Are you hearing about that change, NOPE! Why, it doesn't cause sensationalism, so the media is not covering it. In the last 2 years 80% of the callouts that I have made, we lined up outside the house, knocked, announced that it was the Police with a warrant, called out the suspects, and then if there is no response, made a slow and controlled entry into the house. NOTE - this puts us all at a much higher level of risk, because if someone intends on doing us harm, they now have the warning, time, and opportunity to prepare and act. No door smashing, no flashbangs, no running in the house balls to the wall. There are also now 2 verification officers, who must confirm by at least 2 different sources, that the house where they are serving the warrant on is correct. All of the cars have cameras, all of our officers wear cameras, and everything we do is recorded from start to finish. I can go on and fill pages of improvements that are being made, that most of the public will probably never hear anything about, because it doesn't get ratings like showing "Militarized Storm Troopers in Armored Cars".

Reality Check - contrary to popular belief, LE is not just doing what they want, they are doing what they must to survive. Recent Warrant Service, decision is made to go the Knock, Announce, and Call Out route. Suspect comes to the door, then slams the door when told he is under arrest (multiple Felony warrants). Shots then ring out from inside the house through the doors, windows, and walls. Officers are struck with bullet fragments and debris, but due to their armor, only minor injuries. Officers retreat to cover, which includes an armored car. Officers attempt to call out the suspect who continues to indiscriminately fire from inside the house with a number of weapons. Decision is made to breech the house using the ram on the armored car to allow gas to be put into the house. As the armored car approaches the house, the suspect repeatedly fires at it. House is breeched and gas is put into it. Suspects continues firing. Officers confirm that he is wearing a gas mask and body armor. Clearance for deadly force is given, and the suspect is shot when he appears at a window. Did any of the media do a story on this, and how things like "military body armor" and a "military armored car" saved the Officers lives, NOPE!

Sorry, but I am done. I am pretty sure, those that will get it, do. Those that will not, won't, no matter what I say.

Hopefully something positive will come out of this, but I am not really honestly sure that is the case?

EDIT - another example of some of the wonderful stuff that you will find here:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/230372-official-first-look-accuracy-international-ax308mc.html
I hope the tax payers of College Park opted for the padded rifle rack in your MRAP so they don't get scratched when you go out violating rights and intimidating people.
NOTE - this is NOT in the Pit or Maggies, and it is a direct bashing of a LE Sniper, who is just trying to add to the topic.
Unfortunately this kind of stuff is not that hard to find if you look.

Last edited:
Wow reading some of these comments make me think this is starting to be the place the ARF.com guys go when they grow up.

With regard to generalizations giving value judgment to any group of people I would take exactly the same position if we were talking about ordained ministers or bee keepers.

[MENTION=25047]KYpatriot[/MENTION], it may be inevitable and this does cross my mind from time to time. Once in my life I truly left something on the table and it took a lot of years to let go of that regret. I won't let that happen again as I think there is plenty on the table to fight over. I am not really sure what is inevitable and what is not. It's not that I hold out hope but rather that should we one day find ourselves impacting the granite level I will be able to hold my head high knowing I did the right thing.

[MENTION=30303]EventHorizon[/MENTION], I do think we are not far off in our thinking. This situation with Mammon (NYC) was precisely the case for going after the head of the serpent. A little over a year ago the court sided against NYC over the stop and frisk tactics (Floyd v. City of New York), and of course an appeal ensued but was dropped earlier this year. It is forward of this point that I think the time arrived to go after individual offenders.

The presiding judge, Shira Scheindlin, noted several times in her ruling that the NYPD has had ample opportunity to change its stop-and-frisk ways over the prior decade and a half. In 1999 a New York AG’s report “placed the City on notice that stops and frisks were being conducted in a racially skewed manner,” and recommended a “broad, public dialogue” about the policy. In 2003 the city settled the case of Daniels, et al. v. City of New York, a class action lawsuit which alleged that the NYPD was improperly stopping and frisking members of certain races; as part of the settlement, the department was charged with developing a written, binding anti-racial profiling policy, and with providing audit data about stops and frisks to the Center for Constitutional Rights. In every instance, the NYPD’s response has been to ignore the criticisms and resist all attempts at reform.

In 2010, after the Village Voice reported on secret audio tapes made by NYPD Officer Adrian Schoolcraft that showed commanding officers directing their subordinates to make quotas, the state passed a law prohibiting police departments from retaliating against officers who fail to meet those quotas (which of course Bloomberg openly thumbed his nose at citing the rationale noted previously by EH). Officer Schoolcraft was retaliated against and his career was ended, which was a surprise to no one, least of all Schoolcraft, given the vitriol with which both Bloomberg and Raymond Kelly have gone after anyone who disagrees with them about anything. After rendering her decision Bloomberg went on a legal and media campaign against Scheindlin that included outrageous ad hominem attacks and she was eventually removed from the case. Fortunately her ruling stands.

The 1999 AG report was flatly ignored. The Daniels settlement was met with “significant non-compliance” and an increase in stop-and-frisks, according to the Center for Constitutional Rights. The 2010 Quota Law was sidestepped; instead of specific numerical quotas, the department started encouraging non-numerical “performance goals.” All of this was brazenly propelled by Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly. The duo being essentially the public face of stop and frisk.

Though not initially acting in concert, the interests of plaintiffs David Floyd and David Ourlicht, their attorneys, and certain members of the NYPD converged. Officer Schoolcraft, and several others including veteran detectives, acted and brought forth evidence and testimony based on their own values and with the foreknowledge that it would be to the detriment of their own careers, and were instrumental in bringing this case to its successful and righteous conclusion.

Thank you for the well wishes regarding my sister. The numbness is now from the thighs down and not the waist. Neurologists are walking around scratching their heads. PT begins tomorrow.

Last edited:
And the ravens suck ass. Go EAGLES!

See? Everything was going good until THIS guy showed up!

Out of curiosity, I just Googled "Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Wins"............I couldn't find any results........................

To lr shooter, Are any "discussion" officers mentioned in your post above participants in "snipersonline"?
Card carrying members of "asa"? Go to "snipercraft" events? Own Derrick's books or any of the suggested reading list these listed above suggest?
If "no", then sh is the wrong place to be. If "yes", then sh has a lot to offer.
The bear pit would not be recommended except for entertainment or intelligence. Any other dings to le like the comment (brasscow) on the bottom of your post should be ignored. Ignoring said posting is pure commonsense. Arguing with such posters is like any other effort arguing with people who are convinced they are right and you are wrong. A waste of time.
In Kenny Rogers song, know when to hold, when to fold, when to walk away.......
Every them vs us pissing contest I've seen on Internet boards would stop the minute le shut the fuck up. All le does trying to explain their side on an Internet board is allow angry people to vent and ramp up until someone gets banned. You can't win with people who either hate you, don't like you, or don't trust you on any Internet board.
If you can't do face to face with those people, you waste your time, why do it? And any le posting on Internet boards can come back to haunt you in court. Why give ammunition to the wrong people?
John Wayne said life is tough....... le shouldn't make it any tougher by arguing on an Internet board.
Once I thought I was doing the right thing by posting such as you did above to try to educate those who might not know. And from the pm ' s I got, several did appreciate the posts, so... There are still times to do it, but you can't argue with that select group that hates you, it makes you look bad when you do.
Just in case you misunderstood any thing I've written here, be sure of this, I don't see anything wrong with your first or last post. You make several very good points....

Last edited:
What a F'n donnybrook.

I said it two pages ago and I'll say it again. I love cops. You guys are studs! Some bad most of you good if not great.
So if no one said it today: Thanks for being a cop.
I have seen you in action against bad odds in crappy situations. You have done well.

Out of curiosity, I just Googled "Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Wins"............I couldn't find any results........................

Who needs it? Who else could have beaten Lombardi and the Packers like we did, 17-13, in a fourth-quarter comeback? WHO?!

[video=youtube;fbCPO4jJ-xI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCPO4jJ-xI[/video]

I was introduced to Van Brocklin 8 years before he passed away.

E9DtZWD.jpg

To lr shooter, Are any "discussion" officers mentioned in your post above participants in "snipersonline"?
Card carrying members of "asa"? Go to "snipercraft" events? Own Derrick's books or any of the suggested reading list these listed above suggest?
If "no", then sh is the wrong place to be. If "yes", then sh has a lot to offer.
The bear pit would not be recommended except for entertainment or intelligence. Any other dings to le like the comment (brasscow) on the bottom of your post should be ignored. Ignoring said posting is pure commonsense. Arguing with such posters is like any other effort arguing with people who are convinced they are right and you are wrong. A waste of time.
In Kenny Rogers song, know when to hold, when to fold, when to walk away.......
Every them vs us pissing contest I've seen on Internet boards would stop the minute le shut the fuck up. All le does trying to explain their side on an Internet board is allow angry people to vent and ramp up until someone gets banned. You can't win with people who either hate you, don't like you, or don't trust you on any Internet board.
If you can't do face to face with those people, you waste your time, why do it? And any le posting on Internet boards can come back to haunt you in court. Why give ammunition to the wrong people?
John Wayne said life is tough....... le shouldn't make it any tougher by arguing on an Internet board.
Once I thought I was doing the right thing by posting such as you did above to try to educate those who might not know. And from the pm ' s I got, several did appreciate the posts, so... There are still times to do it, but you can't argue with that select group that hates you, it makes you look bad when you do.
Just in case you misunderstood any thing I've written here, be sure of this, I don't see anything wrong with your first or last post. You make several very good points....

Hate to say it but Snipersonline is DEAD! There have been a grand total of 2 posts in 2014. Fixing that, is obviously well beyond the scope of this topic. Yes that group of individuals is well tied into/members of the other usual LE sources (NTOA, ASA, etc), however those resources don't have the skill set/knowledge base that Sniper's Hide does, which is why I am fighting to keep it on the table.

I agree that a visiting LE member would best be served steering clear of the Pit & Maggies, but I would argue that the garbage that starts there, is now making its way to other parts of the site. I don't have the time to go back and document all of the examples that I have run across here where someone is trashing LE outside of the Pit or Maggies, but as the Tac Ops topic and the last one that I just posted above shows they are out there. I would also argue, that unless there is a zero tolerance policy, as well documented by a number of the responses in this topic, that there are a number of members here who will only continue to increase the range and severity of spewing worthless garbage that has nothing to do with LONG RANGE SHOOTING wherever and whenever they see fit.

While you can argue that LE should only stick to the LE & MIL area, why should that be the case? Why should the rest of this site be a free fire zone for stupidity & garbage? Frank has made it clear that is not what he wants. The best of Sniper's Hide is not found in one area, and the reality is the LE & MIL ares does not have the level of traffic and knowledge sharing that the other areas do.

If you will note above, I have advocated for "locating the wheat & ignoring the chaff". As a 29 year veteran, it is very easy for me to do that. IMHO it is not that easy for a newbie who walks in here with very limited experience. If the membership of this site keeps the quality level up, and the garbage level down, that becomes a lot easier. NOTE, I am not just talking about the LE bashing issue, I am also talking about the overall general quality of the content on the site, which is another issue in itself.

Finally, Good or Bad, reality is, a "Type A LE member" is not going to just come on this site and read some of the garbage that has been posted here without responding. Should they probably just hold off responding, and report it to Frank/Moderators, yes. When someone is slandering a fallen brother in arms, are they going to have that reserve, maybe not, and that could lead to a $#!@ storm that NO ONE here NEEDS!

If anyone would like to scrutinize my history here, feel free. I have tried to steer clear of the BS, leave my personal viewpoints out of it, and add whatever value that I can related to LONG RANGE SHOOTING. If everyone here did that, then we would NOT be having this conversation. However some members here feel that SNIPERS HIDE needs to be a personal mouthpiece for whatever issue/agenda that they would like to push.

BOTTOM LINE - What is wrong with sticking to discussing LONG RANGE SHOOTING here, why does this site need to get into other issues? Why can't people here who would like to discuss other issues just do it elsewhere? From what I understand from Frank, that is his desire for this site, so that should be the final word.

Reality is, some folks are just going to do whatever the hell they please, until someone holds them accountable. I am trying to hold them accountable, so the overall quality and credibility of this site does not decline as a LONG RANGE SHOOTING resource for the LE community.

Last edited:
See? Everything was going good until THIS guy showed up!

ouch, that hurts right where my heart should be! Yeah I know. But I'll always support them till the end.

I don't know about you, but these supposed "good cops" who cover up, ignore or are apathetic to the bad cops are just as bad. Couple that with the level of authority and color of the law given, LE should be held to the highest standards imaginable. There should be no tolerance whatsoever on any level. The mere illusion that corruption and unequal protection is going on, destroys all LE credibility.

Yep that pretty much sums up the problem right there.

LRShooter, I found your post to be very helpful. It's encouraging to see and hear about the change you've described and also I was not aware of the more organized level of response of LE to the new gun laws. That is great to hear and to be honest, that's the type of feedback and news that I think most people want to hear and see happen. I find no objection there.

Personally, I'm confused as to why an arrest warrant has to be served at a target's house where the situation is to his maximum advantage - as evidenced by your description. I imagine the manpower, time and cost would be the same to try and arrest when he's out of the house with no access to heavy firepower, gas masks and body armor but, I'm hoping that as your tactics continue to evolve for the benefit of everyone's safety.

I would encourage you to look into something. When these 'cop bashing' videos surface, what has been the manner and response of LE on this forum to the posts of the non-LE. In a couple of cases, it's been with derision, missives and 'you have no idea so don't even speak, leave it to us.' Sorry, that won't fly. We as citizens have a right to question, I would say LE, has an obligation to explain. If inquiry is always taken as inquisition then suspicion is the only result.

I don't know who said "maybe the cop [who got shot] was screwing his wife" but clearly, conjecture like that is just that - conjecture. It may be tasteless but I don't believe for one second it wasn't something that was factored into some manner of investigation or elimination from the hunt for the attacker or determining motive.

I don't know what to make of Brasscow's comments. They're kind of silly and clearly designed to 'poke the bear.' There's no shortage of light-bending dumb here. Just try and count how many times people here advocate for nuclear holocaust and slaughter of innocents as a means of establishing 'peace'...

I don't wish ill on any LE. Anyone with integrity and openness in their day to day life deserves to go home and see another day. Some people choose dangerous professions, some choose noble ones that will never lead to riches, fame or security and other choose something that just makes other's lives better. To all these people and professions I am grateful. We are all in this together, good or bad and I'd prefer the former.

Moses - hope your sister continues to confound science and I look forward to getting pulled over by her and given a well-desrved ticket!

Cheers everyone, enjoy the Sunday.

LRShooter, I found your post to be very helpful. It's encouraging to see and hear about the change you've described and also I was not aware of the more organized level of response of LE to the new gun laws. That is great to hear and to be honest, that's the type of feedback and news that I think most people want to hear and see happen. I find no objection there.

Personally, I'm confused as to why an arrest warrant has to be served at a target's house where the situation is to his maximum advantage - as evidenced by your description. I imagine the manpower, time and cost would be the same to try and arrest when he's out of the house with no access to heavy firepower, gas masks and body armor but, I'm hoping that as your tactics continue to evolve for the benefit of everyone's safety.

I would encourage you to look into something. When these 'cop bashing' videos surface, what has been the manner and response of LE on this forum to the posts of the non-LE. In a couple of cases, it's been with derision, missives and 'you have no idea so don't even speak, leave it to us.' Sorry, that won't fly. We as citizens have a right to question, I would say LE, has an obligation to explain. If inquiry is always taken as inquisition then suspicion is the only result.

I don't know who said "maybe the cop [who got shot] was screwing his wife" but clearly, conjecture like that is just that - conjecture. It may be tasteless but I don't believe for one second it wasn't something that was factored into some manner of investigation or elimination from the hunt for the attacker or determining motive.

I don't know what to make of Brasscow's comments. They're kind of silly and clearly designed to 'poke the bear.' There's no shortage of light-bending dumb here. Just try and count how many times people here advocate for nuclear holocaust and slaughter of innocents as a means of establishing 'peace'...

I don't wish ill on any LE. Anyone with integrity and openness in their day to day life deserves to go home and see another day. Some people choose dangerous professions, some choose noble ones that will never lead to riches, fame or security and other choose something that just makes other's lives better. To all these people and professions I am grateful. We are all in this together, good or bad and I'd prefer the former.

Moses - hope your sister continues to confound science and I look forward to getting pulled over by her and given a well-desrved ticket!

Cheers everyone, enjoy the Sunday.

Although I may not always agree with your viewpoints, I truly appreciate your responses. Always well written and thought provoking.

As for the debate about vehicle take down vs. knock and announce - there's a time and place for both. Agencies have to weigh all the factors when attempting the vehicle option. Agencies are truly restrictive about pursuits, sometimes rightfully so (sometimes not), so the suspect's criminal history plays into that heavily. Guy has an extensive history of resisting/fleeing, may want to take that guy at home. Lower the possibility of a pursuit/crash/fatal crash involving innocent citizens. Food for thought.

It's a great site, no doubt. The training videos are a great tool for some people. Lots of info on many different shooting subjects. But most of if not all of the threads can turn into a Ford, Chevy or Dodge discussion because of opinions. Lots of banter back and forth for big boys that are not wearing girls panties. It is very well self policed as previously mentioned by several people. And your whole issue is that a young pup of an officer needs to be able to get on this site and not catch one of the few posts that last more than a couple hours because he may get his anus hurt is laughable. If the guy gets all wadded up because of a snippet on this site I really don't think he is material to be on the streets dealing with the big bad wolves that make up the general population he will spend years dealing with. They will eat him for lunch and spit him out. I think your intentions were honorable but not very well thought out. And the way you put your point across by continually stating that it's Frank's own rules and you need to stick to them shows very little for your view point. Your "Bottom Line" that we should stick to long range shooting and other issues should not be discussed here but elsewhere because that is Frank's desire. I guess that all areas of this site that don't relate to shooting will soon be deleted. Take a look over some other sites that allow zero off topic discussion. I bet everyone here knows a few. You can log on once a month and read the single post that no one will answer, because it was easily covered in 100 other threads and possibly the one reply is use the search function. Like I said, Lots of very good people here that will help in many ways but if you are menstruating beware. Thicken up it's a real tuff world out there and a few keyboard commandos should not get you so bent. I may get the Ban Hammer for being blunt with you but that is ok. I will go post an "I GOT BANNED" thread on Barf dotcom. LOL. Good day.

Who needs it? Who else could have beaten Lombardi and the Packers like we did, 17-13, in a fourth-quarter comeback? WHO?!

[video=youtube;fbCPO4jJ-xI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCPO4jJ-xI[/video]

I was introduced to Van Brocklin 8 years before he passed away.

E9DtZWD.jpg

Veer,

I thought you may find this interesting. While on ESPN.com, I saw this headline:

"ESPN is now broadcasting all Eagles games on the History Channel due to fans constantly talking about the past"

May help you and Doc out!

Orkan - throw in a bow, venison or lamb BBQ and rough and tumble with my boys and that's my idea of a complete Sunday.

Slinky - thanks for the insight on the vehicle stop. Clearly hadn't considered it.

Orkan - throw in a bow, venison or lamb BBQ and rough and tumble with my boys and that's my idea of a complete Sunday.

Slinky - thanks for the insight on the vehicle stop. Clearly hadn't considered it.

No problem. Glad to help shed some light where I can. I can tell you that even at my agency, our pursuit policy years ago was "Chase 'em till the wheels fall off - even out of state". Now, you had better have witnessed them commit a felony, or see a child bound and gagged in the trunk to chase. Alot of policy changes (some good, some bad) are due to liability scared admin and a litigious society (which drives the liability "what if" fears).

Veer,

I thought you may find this interesting. While on ESPN.com, I saw this headline:

"ESPN is now broadcasting all Eagles games on the History Channel due to fans constantly talking about the past"

May help you and Doc out!

27-all, and we just got the ball on downs with 10 minutes left in the 4th. The FG was ... NO GOOD!

Sure hope someone's not too thin-"skinned" ... unless he roots for the Ravens who are down by one themselves.

And ... we got a brawl on the field.

WHAT A GAME!

27-all, and we just got the ball on downs with 10 minutes left in the 4th. The FG was ... NO GOOD!

Sure hope someone's not too thin-"skinned" ... unless he roots for the Ravens who are down by one themselves.

WHAT A GAME!

I doth believe the Ravens have yet another one in the "WIN" column!

While you can argue that LE should only stick to the LE & MIL area, why should that be the case?

There have been no posts in the last 14 days in this forum. Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.

It appears they would rather hang out in the pit or Maggies.

I would imagine that a quick search of LRShooters post history he does not adhere to his own policy suggestion of only posting on shooting related topics. All others should find another web site to discuss off topic items. I would put $$$ on it.

WHAT A GAME!

How 'bout dem Cowboys? ..... Looking for the glory days of years/decades past.

LR has some good points, some of the others here have some good points, the conversation in this thread has been remarkably adult,,, for a change. I think we should all agree that going forward we pay attention to the Frank Rules, and engage in a civil fashion, this subject is too important to all on this board to be taken lightly no matter your position. Just be civil.

I'm sick of all of the IT bashing, here and on the Internet in general.
Most of us are good-hearted less than hard working individuals, who are just trying to get through the day without telling a client that they are dumber than a bag of hammers.
Sure, there are a few bad apples, who bang on keyboards like they are mechanical typewriter. But as a whole, the bulk of us got into this line of work because of the high work to pay ratio and because we're generally treated like gods for exhibiting a minimal amount of skill and knowledge.
Every time someone bashes a bad IT worker online, I feel as though they are unfairly stereotyping all of us into something we're not. Is it fair to point out their failings and shortcomings? - Sure it is.
But it hurts my feelings, and it makes me feel like the whole world hates everyone who does the job, even those of us who do it the right way, every single four to six hour workday I'm out there.

Atonement 2.0

Sure, there are a few bad apples, who bang on keyboards like they are mechanical typewriter.

The majority of IT folks with whom I have worked are deserving of corporal punishment (in need of it, in fact). They are all guilty of something, I know it. I am not aware of your religious persuasion, though from your posts my guesses are leaning towards Nation of Yaweh or Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth. However, should some of your (ours, actually) IT brethren happen to be of a Catholic bent there is an app for the technology minded apologist (a rare bird). Such a fusion (Oracle pun there) is perfect for the peripheral abusing papist. I am a repentant Catholic and as such was not available for beta testing.

Confession: A Roman Catholic App
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/confession-roman-catholic/id416019676?mt=8

Just weeks after Pope Benedict gave his blessing for the use of social media among Catholics (in 2011), a confessional iPhone app hit the stores, approved by senior church officials. With an option to tick through the ten commandments and highlight your particular shortcomings, the app “encourages users to understand their actions and then visit their priest for absolution.”

Described as "the perfect aid for every penitent," it offers users tips and guidelines to help them with the sacrament.

Now senior church officials in both the UK and US have given it their seal of approval, in what is thought to be a first.

The app takes users through the sacrament—in which Catholics admit their wrongdoings—and allows them to keep track of their sins.

It also allows them to examine their conscience based on personalized factors such as age, sex and marital status—but it is not intended to replace traditional confession entirely.

And if they are not Catholic, and there is no other app for whatever belief system to which they subscribe (and they probably wouldn't be burdened with guilt anyways)... well then I guess they are just going to hell. I'm not hating, just trying to help.

Attachments

• CathApp - Copy.jpg
    CathApp - Copy.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 24
  • CathApp2 - Copy.jpg
    CathApp2 - Copy.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
We are all equally guilty both the cops and the people for being ignorant of the Law.
When we become ignorant of the Law and choose not to be ruled by Law, we the people and cops too, will be ruled by evil and lawless and iniquitous men, and we deserve whatever it is that we're going to get.

This is exactly what has happened.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. But on the flip side, when a Navy SEAL gets a confirmed kill (his job) why are there dudes on here lining up to suck his cock?

I get it now....when these guys talk about having "blown a seal"...its not there optics they are talking about. ;)