• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does this happen with Tikka CTR mags?

madangler1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
image.jpg

Happened yesterday at the range. This mag probably only has 100-120 rounds through it. i can easily push the follower in and out.

• Wow
Reactions: MarinePMI
Ummm...wow.

I just wore out one of my AW mags yesterday....after 5 years and three barrels later. I think I got my money's worth though...

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Got about 1,000 rounds through my Tikka T3x TAC A1 with those mags ... never happened to me (yet).

Why did you pull it out?

I didn’t. It pulled out by itself when I was loading rounds. Specifically, when I pushed in the first round, the follower tilted up and out like you see above. I thought maybe it was me, but I think
something is wrong with the feed lips or mag body. I can’t do the same with my other CTR mags.

I wonder if it popped off the top of the spring. I just tried it on mine and it appears to be kept in place by a little piece on the spring.

I wonder if it popped off the top of the spring. I just tried it on mine and it appears to be kept in place by a little piece on the spring.
Agree. I need to take it apart and inspect it. It appears to be still attached to the spring though. I have diaper duty right now with the kids. I will try tonight if I get time.

Spring was still attached. The follower is just sliding out. Maybe follower issue or feed lip issue? I will call Beretta and see what they say. A mag exchange would be nice with such a low round count.

It should just pop back in. Look how CTR mags are disassembled. There is a fix for ctr mags that requires bending the flat spring a bit different that works really well. Just do a search.