• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does this sound right?

Kilo-Sierra

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2011
Oklahoma
I have a Savage 10fp 5R with a 20 inch barrel, and a Vortex PST 4-16 MOA scope. The scope is sitting on a Weaver 20 MOA base, and herin lies the question.

I kinda expected with a 20 MOA base that the scope, when zeroed, would be in the bottom half of it's adjustment range. Instead it is almost dead center. Which means that since most loads that I have seen need 40 MOA give or take to get to 1k, I can make the adjustments with some, but not with others.

I'm new to this, and am flying solo with the exception of the help from you guys on the forums. Most of my shooting will be under 6-800 so this isn't a "problem" but I wanted to see if it sounded out of wack to yall.

If you only have about 35 MOA of up adjustment from a 100yd zero with that vortex then something is amiss. With a 20 MOA base, you should have at least 50 MOA of up adjustment. Post pics of your setup. Maybe you got a 0 MOA base?

To clarify how much MOA I have available, I can get just over 3 1/2 revolutions. So, 12 MOA per, that's just over 40.

Here's a pic of the base.
F6A60D92-1F7E-423B-B935-BAB4076A62CF-3813-0000044181D9A089.jpg