• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Does this sound right

LeeS.

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
I got my 300 blackout sighted in for a hundred yards today after I got I got it sighted in I decided to see where where impacted with regular ammo through my suppressor and I was shocked to see the impacts were six feet high at 100 yd consistently same spot just 6 ft high so while I had the suppressor on it I tried the subsonic ammo and it was impacting 4 in to the right of the first shots without the suppressor on it.

In a word: "NOPE"

1)What is the impact difference between supers and subs without the can?
2) did you check the suppressor alignment?

check your scope....im highly suspect a suppressor would cause a 6' shift at 100yds.....i dont care how shitty the suppressor is.

Reactions: Northman623
In a word: "NOPE"

1)What is the impact difference between supers and subs without the can?
2) did you check the suppressor alignment?

I didn't think to check that I was still in shock it how far off it was but next time I go to the range I'll definitely try that out.

check your scope....im highly suspect a suppressor would cause a 6' shift at 100yds.....i dont care how shitty the suppressor is.

What would be the issues with the scope because after I seen the difference tried the subs and it was impacting to the right a little bit I took the suppressor off and shot the regulars again and it was still dead on at 100.

I got my 300 blackout sighted in for a hundred yards today after I got I got it sighted in I decided to see where where impacted with regular ammo through my suppressor and I was shocked to see the impacts were six feet high at 100 yd consistently same spot just 6 ft high so while I had the suppressor on it I tried the subsonic ammo and it was impacting 4 in to the right of the first shots without the suppressor on it.

Any time the gas flow changes the point of impact changes. The supressor slows the loss of pressure and the muzzle rise rate also changes with velocity changes. There are numerous mechanics that take place prior to and just after the bullet exitis rel. The best way to evaluate changes is with a ransom rest and a single batch of ammunition. You could also consider using a chronograph to see if the velocity changes also. Just some thoughts on this.

Holy shit. What? You put the suppressor on and now your super's are hitting SIX FEET HIGHER than your zero? But your subs are going where you tell them? Are any of your rounds keyholing? Does your suppressor have signs of baffle strikes inside?

Any time the gas flow changes the point of impact changes. The supressor slows the loss of pressure and the muzzle rise rate also changes with velocity changes. There are numerous mechanics that take place prior to and just after the bullet exitis rel. The best way to evaluate changes is with a ransom rest and a single batch of ammunition. You could also consider using a chronograph to see if the velocity changes also. Just some thoughts on this.
It doesn't take a ransom rest to tell that adding a suppressor shouldn't change the point of impact by 50 MOA in the wrong direction. Adding a suppressor should make rounds go DOWN if anything due to barrel deflection, or in any direction from gas flow on exit. Rounds shouldn't be playing banana dick and flying to the moon.

I tend to get about a 2-MOA drop when I mount a suppressor on my AR's at 100 yards. I thought that was a lot, but ... damn ... 6-Feet ??? Something is really wrong there.

I had a pistol can do +6' @ 50y on a Kris Vector without any baffle strikes. Passed alignment rod checks and everything. I ended up having to have SiCo rebuild the can completely and I also had the Vector rethreaded. It's now off +10" @50y which is workable but I still think extreme.

According to customer service there was an 'assembly issue' that caused it. From that experience I wouldn't rule out anything.